Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy T4 tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post

From our experience, the only issue is when projections can't cast spells on tanks and change casting pattern. I don't know how exactly it works, but running away and using DS can cause it. We used to do this in the beggining and "double" bombardment was a common thing, now we try to avoid it as long as possible and bombardments are regular.
    I'm always on the projection so tough for me to tell but I thought the double bombardment came about only if the projection was not killed. We try to kill projection any time and people fighting entity would always say they got hit with an extra round of bombardment if we failed to kill it.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I'm always on the projection so tough for me to tell but I thought the double bombardment came about only if the projection was not killed. We try to kill projection any time and people fighting entity would always say they got hit with an extra round of bombardment if we failed to kill it.
    yeah thats exactly what i experience too ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    I Guess the intended way to avoid the stacking of classes is that the projections gets a buff about each minute when not killed, increasing their damage per stack of the buff. Problem is that a tank and a healer can still survive 5-6 minutes on the projections.

The fight dont really need a rework, just buff the projection buffs to a level where you cannot ignore it. I would suggest 75%/150%/250%/500% damage on the buffs. Then you can survive even if you fail to kill projection one round, but it is not possible to ignore them. Also maybe give more HP to projections.
    You still have to stack classes, assuming that you're running with a raid of 2 of each class or close to that. Even if you put 6 on each projection and only 12 down on the floor, you're still short of ranged classes. You're still stacking, just having less people swap out. That's a flaw in the encoutner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    yeah thats exactly what i experience too ^^
    And that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    We don't kill even a single projection and we don't get longer/shifted bombardments. Only DS or breaking LoS seems to mess it up - but maybe it's not a direct correlation and it works a bit different in your tactic...

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    You still have to stack classes, assuming that you're running with a raid of 2 of each class or close to that. Even if you put 6 on each projection and only 12 down on the floor, you're still short of ranged classes. You're still stacking, just having less people swap out. That's a flaw in the encoutner.
    In a 2x12 raid you have 14 melee and 10 ranged. Meaning you just have to have one 1 switch or be "useless".

Something that is way better than how it is today, i dont want them to nerf the encounter, and they cant really change downstairs without nerfing it as well.

But no one will do the less effective tactic if they are not forced to, that is why people stack.

We dont need some grand rework of the fight, just adjust the damage of the projections and we are there.

About the same way as the imp fight, to make it safe you usualy have 1 or 2 people log their tanks because that is just more effective.
    I am Stian ingame...

buff the projections and all aoe effects if not killed, and dmg the boss if killed and we are set

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    We don't kill even a single projection and we don't get longer/shifted bombardments. Only DS or breaking LoS seems to mess it up - but maybe it's not a direct correlation and it works a bit different in your tactic...
    Well if you never kill a projection maybe what we consider 'double bombardment' is your 'normal bombardment.' The only thing I notice from LOSing the projection is that he'll cast on a random target.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

tactics are imagined to kill boss and get shiny loot.

entity is only boss ingame wich despite our best effords we couldnt tackle with 2of each class setup.
    when we arrived at boss and wipped to learn tactics on our best attempt with such a setup we fell short by 11% to killing boss.

on average we have 5-6 on melees on projections. if melees destroy projections before bombardment is casted there isnt any bombardment wich is a nice relief to range dpsers and averagely means pom/tos/ranger can use more dps gear and rely less on queel of ether+heals.

i find this boss to be very ill devised given to kill it some melees need to relog to range classes. me and many others reported this crap for months after boss was released.

only adjustment was a physical damage debuff was granted to projections so melees would kill it faster...

meaning funcom not only didnt make this a proper fight for all it encourages people to relog and have less melees in raid.
    and as usual hoxes wich prior to that new buff on boss did ok damage after that change they ofc do less damage on projections compared with other melees...

i find it fitting that in a thread called "crazy t4 tactics" you guys seem to be so happy to have epeen fight on who does best relog to a ranged alt tactic to kill a boss instead of demanding to have a proper fix to a quite stupid fight where we pass more time relogging for box then actualy killing boss.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

We all know it sucks, I'd rather though that they spend their limited resources making new fights than rebuilding old ones.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast