Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy T4 tactics?

Honestly, I think the craziest nuttiest whackiest insane strategy for the Entity is the current one that Funcom intended.

Sure it's boring as all hell and super-stupid that only ranged classes can be useful. I kinda hoped that the very last boss in T4, the top top raid tier, would have been designed with a lot more cleverness and consideration to all the subscribers.

I tell ya, I feel resentment every single time I have to log off my barb onto a silly mage class, run through an empty instance for 5 minutes, stand on a platform and spellweave for 6 minutes as I roll my face on the keyboard, log back to my barb, run through the same empty instance for 5 minutes, kill a stupid loot box, score loot. Log off and go to sleep.

Now, THAT'S CRAZY!!!!
    Crazy stupid.

PS, I would be completely excited if FC announced they were going to rework the entire Entity encounter. It would be celebrated, I believe, by the entire community if the re-work didn't require people to switch classes. FC, You really need to never ever make any more encounters that exclude ANY classes. Shame on you for doing it, more than once!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    So is that what it is then.... left projection controls extra bombard on left and center pad and right projection controls extra bombard on right and center pad?
    sry but thats just a legend, im alternating alot between the pads and there is no difference.

(we kill the projections usually after bombard but before buff)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    sry but thats just a legend, im alternating alot between the pads and there is no difference.

(we kill the projections usually after bombard but before buff)
    So you run from one side to the other on projections and still kill both? I'm a little confused what you mean by after bombard but before buff... do you mean before the projection repops at 100% HP?

We've always killed both projections every round so I'm just trying to figure out what the effects of not killing a projection is. All three pads get extra bombard or is it random? Any help would be appreciated.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

we have 2 melee teams of 4-5 people kiling projections. if u dont manage to kill the projection before the boss casts a new one it gets a buff and is full hp again. if u have killed it there just spawns a new one.

an unbuffed bombardement is no thread to anyone.

if u dont kill them bombardment comes more often and hits harder as the projections get buffed up.

middle gets the bombardment with the highest buff, but not both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    we have 2 melee teams of 4-5 people kiling projections. if u dont manage to kill the projection before the boss casts a new one it gets a buff and is full hp again. if u have killed it there just spawns a new one.

an unbuffed bombardement is no thread to anyone.

if u dont kill them bombardment comes more often and hits harder as the projections get buffed up.

middle gets the bombardment with the highest buff, but not both.
    I know what killing the projections results in. What I don't know is what not killing a projection results in. Your last statement leads me to believe the buff to projection damage and bombardment damage keeps getting stronger the more times it is unkilled? I guess this explains the reason certain guilds alternate which projection they kill every round. Thank you.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

I Guess the intended way to avoid the stacking of classes is that the projections gets a buff about each minute when not killed, increasing their damage per stack of the buff. Problem is that a tank and a healer can still survive 5-6 minutes on the projections.

The fight dont really need a rework, just buff the projection buffs to a level where you cannot ignore it. I would suggest 75%/150%/250%/500% damage on the buffs. Then you can survive even if you fail to kill projection one round, but it is not possible to ignore them. Also maybe give more HP to projections.
    I am Stian ingame...

@erock yes exactly

@civlix as the buffs on projections also determine the dmg of bombardement for casters thats NOT possible

Offcourse that is possible, you are just forced to kill them.

What we want to do is force raids not to stack everyone downstairs.
    I am Stian ingame...

Only the bombardment near projections gets buffed - the ones on the three platforms are the same for the whole fight.

I don't know how exactly it works, but it seems that if you mess with projections target (use DS or move away from bombardment), it goes "out of sync" with his casts and this results in longer bombardments on the platforms. When we don't use DS and stick to projections for the whole fight it's all fine and dandy.

nope the buff on projections do increase dmg on pads

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast