Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: joel about the possible buff to pvp weapons

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    The same thrad is going on in the us /eu thread.

why not just make the pvp 10 and t4 gear the same then. So I can pve in my pvp 10 gear, and you can pvp in your t4 gear at the same level. We both invested time and energy to get it, why not make it balanced.
    I've beein saying that since patch 1.05.

When FC will understand that compeltely separating Pvp an Pve is stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

@Bolas: I hope never, since the stats needed for PvE and PvP are hardly the same. Actually a complete separation of Raid- and PvP-Gear would make it far easier to balance PvP.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    @Bolas: I hope never, since the stats needed for PvE and PvP are hardly the same. Actually a complete separation of Raid- and PvP-Gear would make it far easier to balance PvP.
    honestly i could really use some hate decrease, i tend to pull agro pretty quickly in minis these days, those guards need to goad rangers more
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

@Farmpom: Use detaunts
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Do pvpers really want more stats on weapons and armor? I know I dont, I would prefer to see PVE have minimal impact, perhaps T1 pvp stats.

Please dont buff anything, remove stats if anything.
    What i dislike at current pvp progression is the linearity. Best would be different routes and tiers, each with a survival, constant dps and burst variety maybe (heck, this could even be reflected by looks and culture). And as you say, i would prefer a less steep advancement between tiers, both in grind and power. Also more feat specialization options would be nice (if pve tree revamps are too resource intensive and complicated to balance, then just offer a pvp tree, depending on lvl, with ten tiers, in which you have to specialize!)...

So please, more stuff in between to bridge tiers and offer more options.

Oh, and of course some debuff of pve gear in pvp in general should be obvious, unless both are developed at the same speed (which is naturally not the case and not even sure to be a wishful concept).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    What i dislike at current pvp progression is the linearity. Best would be different routes and tiers, each with a survival, constant dps and burst variety maybe (heck, this could even be reflected by looks and culture). And as you say, i would prefer a less steep advancement between tiers, both in grind and power. Also more feat specialization options would be nice (if pve tree revamps are too resource intensive and complicated to balance, then just offer a pvp tree, depending on lvl, with ten tiers, in which you have to specialize!)...

So please, more stuff in between to bridge tiers and offer more options.

Oh, and of course some debuff of pve gear in pvp in general should be obvious, unless both are developed at the same speed (which is naturally not the case and not even sure to be a wishful concept).
    PVP gear isn't touched, hasn't been touched in how long? An occasional tweak, but left alone while pve gear continues to be developed, each new dungeon. Sure most of it is trash though unless its a raid. I still think pve and pvp need to be completely separate, where items can either have 2 sets of stats, one for pvp and one for pve or the item has no impact at all on the other, where pvp has no pve stats. I just don't see how altering a weapon now, will help with the release of t5 weapons and armor, where they will have to redo pvp items yet again. As a pvper, I will hate having my stats altered with each new dungeon release.

Yep, that is why i added the "is it even a wishful concept". Still the ideal way you describe would require a complete item overhaul or revamp OR some blunt approach (like halving the effect of any non pvp values). The second seems to me quite easily doable though, if they would want to. Would i be optimistic, i would say, that the hyborian race is intended as a testing ground to just check out some ideas like this...

and what about whole/full items sets special stats

it was said some time ago but never mentioned later

i would be satisified if pvp full sets would get some additionall stats to become on par with pve reflections - let it be moslty should be crit rating and maybe more armor/protection/hp to gain additionall survivalability since no fun to be 1-2 shooted all the time in certain situations in pvp

also i keep thumbs up for pvp weapons changes - imo base dps should be raised some hp added on pvp weapons and so called legenedary stats introduced to pve ones - tbh same as pvp ones have - pvp rating everywhere

Default pvp lv 15 and pvp t4 gear

pvp lv 15 and pvp t4 gear needs to be taken into account.
    It isn't right that casters in pve gear have such an advantage over melee because caster has more armor/damage/critigation in t4 and the melee has way less in pvp (prot) in t3. Both should have the same power. When pve t3 was as high as it went than ok, but t4 screwed everything up until pvp t4 gear comes out. (along with weapons with equivalent weapon damage)

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    pvp lv 15 and pvp t4 gear needs to be taken into account.
    It isn't right that casters in pve gear have such an advantage over melee because caster has more armor/damage/critigation in t4 and the melee has way less in pvp (prot) in t3. Both should have the same power. When pve t3 was as high as it went than ok, but t4 screwed everything up until pvp t4 gear comes out. (along with weapons with equivalent weapon damage)
    but casters who don't have t4 or any desire to get it are at the same disadvantage....

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast