Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Radiant Ghostfire's Renewal heals Radiant Ghostfire for 595 every second

This is a joke, right? Please be a joke...otherwise...raging over ONE pets mechanics? Really? Mechanics every class can learn to deal with? The only class that has a very hard time with this pet is guard, and even guards can kill it - if they use everything and think of everything that can help them. In other words: If they play like everyone plays...? (Or they wait until they have better gear, like with every other content that is too hard at the moment for you.) I will not even begin to argue about particles not turned on - Kurt had me rofling at: don't implement something fun or challenging because reasons.

The point of a social arena is that you can watch and be watched - if you like this concept is up to you. That includes waiting for other players to finish their fights. Every player has 3 minutes in the arena, and he can use them the way he wants, may it be trying to fight a challenging pet, finishing one easy pet of in 20 seconds, or running in cirlces for 3 minutes. What do you care, you have to wait anyway, and that has absolutly nothing to do with one pets mechanics, but with the concept of the arena. The mistake is in the system, not in one unrelated part of it. There are discussions about what is wrong with the system, and it is most certainly not one particular pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    how about you or Cappa tell the OP how to not let it heal or interrupt the heal, so it does not heal up fully each time?
    how to interrupt spells during its cast : silence, stun, kb.
    and get out of aoes, turn on all particles if you feel like you are missing something.
    and rogues can just use tw =D
    Last edited by Cappa; 22nd April 2016 at 19:30.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    This is a joke, right? Please be a joke...otherwise...raging over ONE pets mechanics? Really? Mechanics every class can learn to deal with? The only class that has a very hard time with this pet is guard, and even guards can kill it - if they use everything and think of everything that can help them. In other words: If they play like everyone plays...? (Or they wait until they have better gear, like with every other content that is too hard at the moment for you.) I will not even begin to argue about particles not turned on - Kurt had me rofling at: don't implement something fun or challenging because reasons.

The point of a social arena is that you can watch and be watched - if you like this concept is up to you. That includes waiting for other players to finish their fights. Every player has 3 minutes in the arena, and he can use them the way he wants, may it be trying to fight a challenging pet, finishing one easy pet of in 20 seconds, or running in cirlces for 3 minutes. What do you care, you have to wait anyway, and that has absolutly nothing to do with one pets mechanics, but with the concept of the arena. The mistake is in the system, not in one unrelated part of it. There are discussions about what is wrong with the system, and it is most certainly not one particular pet.
    This was one of two of the hardest pets for me to kill on my guard, the other being Derketo (pleasure princess). But I did get it. On a guard, I had to use PI.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

I appreciate the fact that there are pets that are not easy 'tank and spank'. If you want to 'get them all' then you can work on the rest and come back to the harder ones for your class.

But having some that are 'overpowered' are good for the game. Gives you something to go back to later.

In the legendary, I did not have black dragon which is the dragon I saw 'farmed' the most for legendary. The time it takes me to do the risen guardians is less than that to farm a dragon, so I did those instead. Legendary is legendary.

I had issues with the healing of the ghostfire on my bear shaman, but have a ton of purples and greens and blues and white pets that I didn't get to so I just went for the higher faction points long term of the brothers since I don't care 'if I get them all'. Will go back later and farm the other whites and greens and blues that I missed and maybe the rest of the purples and the other dragons.

There should be some that are difficult by design.

If you play a Tank you have an incredible survivability / soloing capacity over some squishy classes, certainly at least until they have some good gear. I'm fine with fights that might require high DPS to complete and, while I don't have the Radiant Ghostfire as a pet, I can say the Pleasure Priestess of Derketo is a piece of cake even on something like a Brute Conq which is second only to S&B Guardian for low DPS. Just use double taps and CCs and it's a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    There should be some that are difficult by design.

You are right, but the point is, that giving bosses such overpowered abilities does not make them more challenging, imo they just get more annoying. This is simply not the same and an issue of design. Want proof? Then watch how often the ghostfire is used for grinding instead of pets without these mechanics.
    This could be just a subjective opinion, if it were a private instance fight. But here it becomes annoying for the queue as well. I do like the existance of some fights not doable on first try or revisitable later, but some are unnecessarily ridicolously inbalanced and prolonged (which while otherwise maybe challenging and wanted, in this context and current design is a flaw). Is it really so hard to see criticism in context?

@Cappa: Thanks for clearing this, but you proved my point. CCs and AAs are not balanced and available for all and very unreliable, depending on latency. You would have a better point, if such abilities would have a fitting cooldown when disrupted. which they usually do not have (cc it once and the next combo/spell can be the "have to break" combo again). Being able to cc-lock a mob can simply not be done by any class and player (else you could solo all lvl80 epic instances...and even if you can do that (some classes and players can), think of how much fun it is). And for many fights turning on or off particles is very important...and it does matter here, that mostly you need them ALL enabled, the common "raid and pvp" is not enough. This is an issue since engine 2.0, but lucky those who can switch between options without any drawback, just do not assume everyone can do so.

@Feadara: It is neither a joke nor about ONE mechanic. It is the design of many scrips in solo fights. But at least you seem to find it funny, if others get annoyed, gz to you. What i find funny, is that you claim the content is "social", which at this point it definitely is NOT. Just forcing people in one instance and queuing is not social. There is not even a chance to proper view and learn from the fights others do, except watching movement and the boss health bar.

@Shink: You are right, there are flaws with the whole system, but some mechanics point them out rather well. Overpowered abilities and particle dependance is actually a fixable symptom, unless you belittle and try to ridicule criticism and other players experience like some in this thread. Ignoring the flaws will not make them go away. Again, in this state there are many mechanics that imo do NOT make things more challenging, just more annoying.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd April 2016 at 01:23.

I can agree with you on two things : The content isn't actually social apart the pvp aspect.Unless social means being in the same waiting queue rarely talking with each other except the players you were already talking and playing with in guild chat/ts etc anyway before this update ..If anything it promotes soloing and while people do say "do the content to get the pets" it doesn't work that way simply because people will use trader/pet vendor ,fight their way to rank 3 and then farm a legendary over and over again .It's boring and lazy and not really fun but it is still the fastest route instead of collecting pets from everywhere and players will take it.

Possible fix ?Give quests that reward a pet of certain quality that you don't have when you do certain content and mix both solo and group quests in there to make everyone happy about it.

Also world particles or self particles should be enough to see everything in all encounters,i ve played the game both with a crap and a good system and i know the pain :P

That being said after fighting about 80 different pets i have yet to see an OP ability and cappa didn't prove your point.All classes can cc that heal enough times and even if it goes through some of the times have the potential dps to kill it.And i am not ridiculing anyone's efforts except from those that prefer to whine straight away instead of trying to adapt improve and learn a tiny bit ...well if tank-spank-gear floats their boat "good" for them but ghostfire STRONG!
    Last edited by -Shink-; 23rd April 2016 at 05:56.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post

Possible fix ?Give quests that reward a pet of certain quality that you don't have when you do certain content and mix both solo and group quests in there to make everyone happy about it.

Also world particles or self particles should be enough to see everything in all encounters,i ve played the game both with a crap and a good system and i know the pain :P

That being said after fighting about 80 different pets i have yet to see an OP ability and cappa didn't prove your point.All classes can cc that heal enough times and even if it goes through some of the times have the potential dps to kill it.And i am not ridiculing anyone's efforts except from those that prefer to whine straight away instead of trying to adapt improve and learn a tiny bit ...well if tank-spank-gear floats their boat "good" for them but ghostfire STRONG!
    I like the idea of more pets as rewards in general. It should be possible to integrate them into existing fight categories as well with some number tweaking.

And just for clarification: Players seem to have gotten so used to scripted fights and unfair (better term than OP) abilities that defy the ruleset given for players, that i can imagine such flaws become hard to notice, especially when you yourself are of a certain power level. But just imagine the whine when players would be able to feat similar powers in pvp (where you actually could give similar excuses why things are fine, like "just time ccs", "do not let him/her cast it", "just avoid it"). People would start demanding cooldowns, nerfs or counterabilities.

About prolonged fights, challenge and fun in arena context: Take two low level bear shamans fighting for example: It is fun to watch usually, but it can take from a few to dozens of minutes. Would you consider it arena grind content, if you could only see one health bar and particle effects? Of course you have to rely on scripts and ruleset bending for npcs and especially bosses, unless your ai is very capable, but good design involves at least trying to find a balance , not overdo it and make it too unforgiving or linear (usually content that is hard to impossible until you know the "trick", but becomes very easy afterwards, here the lines are blurred by personal taste of devs and players, sure, which again...is fine for solo or group content, but queued content is different).

My main issue here are not the OP abilities (which i said become a matter of taste and gamestyle in solo or group areas), but the combination with the arena design and scripts. And healing is one of the more annoying here (in this context an instakill ability is far less annoying).

Honestly, would you give kudos to someone who spends five mins in a full instance each fight he/she tries to defeat a boss seemingly too tough or would you expect the others in the instance rather to wish that player would go away?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd April 2016 at 07:47.

I do not claim the content to be social. It is clearly meant to be social by design, that is not an opinion, but a fact. That this design has many flaws is something we all seem to agree on. And no, I do not find it funny if others get annoyed, I just find the claimed reason of this annoyance funny, or better: false and hurting the cause. Kurt, you do know that every fight has a limit of 3 minutes? This is a real question, because you keep on talking about "five minutes watching someone loose again and again against the same pet". My point is: It doesn't matter what exactly makes you wait in one particluar situation, because the whole arena system is designed to make you wait up to 3:30 minutes (time to summon pet + 3 minutes fight max), regardless which pet is summond.

I will try to explain why I do think your arguments hurt the discussion more than they help: One problem with the arena content is that the "social aspect" annoyes people more than they can enjoy the socializing (because there is nothing else to do while waiting, not even a trader, because you can not target and learn or see healthbars etc. not in pve not in pvp, because you are forced to wait for other players to finish their fights, and so on). The problem is NOT one pets mechanics, or that the boss fights are scripted pve-fights, but the whole design of the content. You will not make this content any better if you change this one pet. So instead of arguing about one pets mechanics and including things you can not change because they are deeply rooted in the whole system and mechanic of this game (like....scripted pve fights?) it would help much more to focus on the real problems and discuss solutions and feedback for them, and not chase our tails talking about minior, unrelevant parts that are not even crucial to the system. As nice as it would be to talk about non linear fights or the pro and con of scripted pve fights - it just blurs out the whole discussion.

The only fun aspect of the PvE arena fights is people getting owned by the same rare/epic pet x times in a row and not changing a single bit in the tactic.

By the third time you can almost see their faces and the struggle.

"What is this trickery??!!"

*countinues to ignore a bright AoE under the pet and whacks away firmly rooted into one spot*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast