Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please please please add housing

Default Please please please add housing

Age of Conan is so amazing, but one thing I wait for:
    I´d love to have housing!
    it appears many MMOs now add this feature, I´d definitely spend money on this too. And Foncom could do it for both AOC and TSW with the same engine! Anyone agree?

Would be a very cool feature but I think Funcom won't invest more money in this game so there will never be any housing or something like that

I had some ideas about it, how you could use existing content for housing (like copy Poitain and add some villas from noble district, make them enterable, put some usebale chests, beds, benches in it) but there is a very low amount of developers working on AoC so this won't appear in this game ^^

This has been requested for years, by several people and an the old forums have been several threads about it.

I still think, if they wanted, they could do it.

One working idea is to add more spots to guild instances and offer the already existing variety of huts and houses (from tent to villa).
    The other is generic houses or blocks or even spots in existing maps with a transition door to instanced housing.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...hlight=housing
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd March 2014 at 22:33.

OP, I agree with you, and I would also like housing in AoC. It's becoming commonplace in games that still have resources to devote to their game.

Rationally, however, this is a pipe dream. There are far more pressing issues that need attention in this game than player housing. Combine this with the fact that there are precious few devs working on AoC. Some suspect that number is in the single digits after last years massive "Lets not go bankrupt" restructuring.

Several classes are in dire need of Revamps from the ground up: Dark Templar's, Barbarian's, Ranger's and Herald's of Xotli.

A new tier of Raiding is desperately needed.

PVP needs a complete overhaul from the ground up... again. As if PVP doesn't already suck enough resources from this game and ruin perfectly balanced PVE classes. /rant

Crafting revamp has been promised for years and yet it still seems years off every time we get an update about it. Not that it will matter in the slightest. Either raid gear will be the best in game or crafted gear will be the best in game. If raid gear isn't better, then no one raids, so that's a self answering question. In other words, it's a waste of time unless they do something brilliant like change all raid loot drops to "blueprints" that require a crafter to create.

To be completely honest, if they ignored all of the above and did announce player housing, I would probably unsub. There's no way they can add player housing AND do any of the above at the same time with their current resources.

maybe they could just make a mount with one of those harem type box things on top for the cash store.
    it could be kinda like a player house if it moved real slow.
    be nice if it had a dog and some street urchins that run after it too and it reserved your guys name in eso or something.

Game have enough other problems. It's too late for housing system

Let me fix the bugs! That's all I ask. I'll even do it for free in my spare time.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    Let me fix the bugs! That's all I ask. I'll even do it for free in my spare time.
    Yes, please. Funcom, you've got a pretty hardcore community - use it!
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Unless player housing is done CORRECTLY, it shouldn't even be considered. Knowing how Funcom handled PH in for example AO (each "apartment" was in its own instance, without the possibility to furnish and outfit it in any way), I wouldn't hold my breath.

Besides, dev-resouces should be spent on things that are FAR more worthwhile, like expanding the game-world horizontally (more content for ALL level-ranges, with lvl 80+ versions of all instances), Class-revamps, more PvP-content (should be a special focus-area as it is) and more. To be honest, player housing should be at a very low priority in comparison.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast