Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Requiem Nex Combat Monitor - heads up display

Default Requiem Nex Combat Monitor - heads up display

Here is something I wrote to help me lead raids, and it kind of grew into a really helpful tool for everyone.

Requiem Nex Combat Monitor is a real-time log file monitoring application for use with the online MMORPG “Age of Conan” that provides a heads-up display of in game timers, sound and speech warning alerts, and generates statistical encounter reports.

Combat Monitor tails the log file generated by Age of Conan and fires customized helpful events, such as sounds or on screen messages in order to enhance the gaming experience, and allow the user to act almost pre-emptively to in game conditions.

Combat Monitor is the culmination of over 5 years of game knowledge learnt from leading raids, 6 mans, and all the different classes in the game. It has grown massively since its inception about 2 years ago, when it was originally created as a raid leader assistance tool.

Requiem Nex Combat Monitor works purely off the log file. There are no “tricks” that would be considered malicious, such as memory monitoring in cheat tools. Almost every 6 man and raid has personally had its mechanics analyzed, its combat log scrutinized, and the result is the “spidey-sense” heads up display and audible alerts produced by Requiem Nex Combat Monitor.

Download Page and YouTube video: http://combatmonitor.requiemnex.com/

Feedback is appreciated!
    Last edited by Scaevacas; 3rd February 2014 at 13:58.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

:O This must be tested! Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

keep in mind you need to be running windowed mode or fullscreen windowed mode for the overlay to work (which is in fact a window that floats on top of the AOC window).
    Can Devs please fix:
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Been using the full version of this for awhile now. Bloody brilliant.

While some may think it makes you lazy in not actually watching what is happening with buffs, casts, etc as much. As a raid leader, it makes your life a lot less annoying. Yeah, I bet your ass you've heard your raid leader rage at you or someone in your raid over noob stuff..

Raid leaders try this out, and definitely give it to *those* people that just absolutely are oblivious to anything that happens on their screen in your raids/6mans.

Come to think of it.. My memory is abit hazy, but I think I contributed somewhat in that, I hated the way it said my name, so I suggested the addition of his text to speech substitution (phonetics). He was always open to suggestions to improvements.

Works nice at the Black Dragon. Am looking forward to test it at T4 next week.

Just few questions.
    Does this keep track on strom how many times he casted his deflection so you know it's over?
    Also on mithrelle can it see and display a list of players getting rooted? And then remove the players once unrooted?

Also technically this might work as well at zodiac. Will it display which spell the emperor is starting to cast and show up where to stand to counter it? I mean program reads emperor starts casting snowstorm and then the program prints a picture on the screen with correct constellation.

I'd check this out if I was home but I'm not. I can see it being useful. Just hope it won't be like that **** in wow deadly boss mods or whatever which basically made you do anything without knowing tactics (at least for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Just few questions.
    Does this keep track on strom how many times he casted his deflection so you know it's over?
    Also on mithrelle can it see and display a list of players getting rooted? And then remove the players once unrooted?

Also technically this might work as well at zodiac. Will it display which spell the emperor is starting to cast and show up where to stand to counter it? I mean program reads emperor starts casting snowstorm and then the program prints a picture on the screen with correct constellation.

I'd check this out if I was home but I'm not. I can see it being useful. Just hope it won't be like that **** in wow deadly boss mods or whatever which basically made you do anything without knowing tactics (at least for me)
    Strom Deflection: no, actually didn't know about that mechanic. Our tanks just cunning deflect and tank through it. It does notify who got hit with Irritating, and I could easily make it count. If you PM details to me, I can add that feature, and throw you a semi-premium version to try it out on.

Mithrelle: yes and no, it already does this, but only when they get rooted (i.e. not while they have particle effects). This is because there is no entry in the combat log for people getting the particle effect, but there is for the root. There is no entry in the combat log for players getting unrooted.

Emperor: yes and no. There is no "x starts casting" for anyone except yourself in the combat log, so there is no way to trigger bases on the start of a spell cast unless it is a channeled spell that affects people. You are better off looking at the constellation, just like I do in my youtube video, because the constellation appears approximately 5 seconds before any spell damage appears in the combat log from the emperor. I used to display pictures of the correct constellation but people didn't like it, so I removed it, and it's not really good because it's always 5 seconds after the constellation appears on the golden tree. You can see in my video where I look up at the tree, hear one of the callers call out the spell name, and then combat monitor calling it out 5 seconds later when the damage procs on people.

Zodiac onwards are disabled in the free version, however you can see most of the Combat Monitor functionality of those bosses in the video I made.
    Last edited by Scaevacas; 31st December 2013 at 13:02.
    Can Devs please fix:

Tried this for fun in a Kylikki raid and it worked perfectely and was very easy to start up and use. That it also made me aware that people have specced in to goad mob and that some rogues uses finely honed in T1, is another matter.

Really, really great work Scaev and I look forward to being able to buy the premium version to give you something back.
    Retired

This is awesome, look forward to trying it out.

I'm getting tired of running multiple timers in our raids, using Custom UI flash timer and my G15 timer.....

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast