Thread: game client continually crashing while trying to get a yeti kill in

Default game client continually crashing while trying to get a yeti kill in

why is the game client continually crashing if you try to do the yeti world boss? oh yeah its because everyone and their granny is in the same instance, fix it so that the world boss spawns every 2 hours in all the instanceses at the same time, that way everyone has a chance to get a kill in.

Sounds like you need a new rig.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by tyrusaran View Post
    why is the game client continually crashing if you try to do the yeti world boss? oh yeah its because everyone and their granny is in the same instance, fix it so that the world boss spawns every 2 hours in all the instanceses at the same time, that way everyone has a chance to get a kill in.
    Would that actually help though? Sure, having them all spawn at the same time would mean you could get into a lower pop instance - but you'll take way longer to kill him. The full instances will smoke him then come pouring into your instance anyway. Are you crashing in both zones? I've found conells better than atzels.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrusaran View Post
    More likely a problem with your box than with the game. I've done quite a few Yeti's and Dragons, and sure, there are times where the instance will crash, but I've never had AoC hard crash on me during these events.

Seen the odd hardcrash other places completely randomly, but that's about it.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

I had problems with the yeti boss crashing early on -- turning off player nametags and floating damage numbers, and turning particles off or only to myself stopped that.

here is a script that will do the above

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    To compensate for most of the lag when there are 50+ players/necro pets on the screen at the same time, you can remove their name tags/details using this script (and enable them again after).

Right click save this file, then put it in your age of conan\scripts folder.

http://software.requiemnex.com/scripts/fps.txt

Once it's in the right folder, in the chat window type /fps.txt

To Funcom, are you aware that when someone tries to zone into an instance that is "full", their game client crashes (gets permanently stuck) on the load screen/generating content?

Steps to reproduce:
    1) group with a friend that is in the full zone
    2) zone into same playfield
    3) press YES to the box that pops up to join your friend
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly