Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Something MUST happen

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    One should never indulge dumb trolls but

is the single most stupid thing that has ever been posted on these forums. If Funcom shuts down, AoC (along with all other FC MMOs) is gone for good. There's no universe in which AoC will continue to exist after FC is gone.
    dumb troll posting dumb sh*t ya?

for all i know ur crossing the guidelines mate. i dunno if ur some kind of employee or maybe owner or maybe mod, but get real

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    What must happen is this: You stop wasting bandwidth here and start playing first/third person shooters, fighting games or the newfangled arena battle games. Those are actual pvp games. MMOs as a rule utterly fail at pvp because "progression" and "balance" are fundamentally opposite concepts that will never ever play nice together.
    PVE forums is in the other section.

In the expansion someone thought wide open playfields(craig) were a great idea. It's terrible for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    In the expansion someone thought wide open playfields(craig) were a great idea. It's terrible for pvp
    The problem was never the wide open areas.

The problem was FFA pvp with gear based progression and absolutely no pvp systems whatsoever. OW Pvp that is player regulated without any structure or consequence, it just doesnt work. Any one of these will cause your pvp game to fail but funcom managed to put all these awesome features in one game.

Funcom! FFA pvp does not work. Self regulating consequence systems do not work. Lazy development hidden behind words like "hardcore pvp" or "unchained" is still lazy development. The key do success in pvp has always been structure. Take a look at any good pvp game out there and you will see that they are all structured. FFA pvp does not work and has never worked. EVER.

And then they wonder why pvp tanked.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    The problem was never the wide open areas.

The problem was FFA pvp with gear based progression and absolutely no pvp systems whatsoever. OW Pvp that is player regulated without any structure or consequence, it just doesnt work. Any one of these will cause your pvp game to fail but funcom managed to put all these awesome features in one game.

Funcom! FFA pvp does not work. Self regulating consequence systems do not work. Lazy development hidden behind words like "hardcore pvp" or "unchained" is still lazy development. The key do success in pvp has always been structure. Take a look at any good pvp game out there and you will see that they are all structured. FFA pvp does not work and has never worked. EVER.

And then they wonder why pvp tanked.

open pvp did work back in the days when 40 level dude can take out two 80's same time, or then guy alone vs five alone, sure no prob if u know what u doing, but nowdays.. hell u need a raid to kill even noob conq or he got time to run water
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    No, when there was guild rivalry. That player based content was enough to sustain the open-world fights. Petty ganking at quest givers has never been what open-world is about. Nor was it where most kills were done. But it's what players not participating in it complain about because it's the only thing they see.
    That was the good aspect, but as you say, it was player generated AND only works with enough population. When you have different factions in a zone fighting or trying to evade each other and friends online to call for help, it is totally different, than a scenario where you only have the choice to get farmed or evade and you are easily tracked down just by player search without any risk to the strong.

It just proves, that open world pvp without a solid boundary system or a self-regulating ruleset is bound to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    open pvp did work back in the days when 40 level dude can take out two 80's same time, or then guy alone vs five alone, sure no prob if u know what u doing, but nowdays.. hell u need a raid to kill even noob conq or he got time to run water
    Truth be told

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    So I decided to do some comparing. I resubbed my WoW account and started play GW2 pvp.

Before everyone freaks out about how bad and kid friendly WoW is, let me tell you about the pvp. There are arena's 2,3,5 and rated battle grounds 10 - 15 players. I jump in 2's and get geared out very quickly. If you wear pve gear in pvp you **** wrecked, but it isn't a large task to get pvp gear.

GW2...1v1, customize pvp matches, tournament mode, WvW...INSTANT equal footing. Amazing progression latter...there is no waiting only playing and developing skill.

I will mention Rift, I have a level 25 person that leveled just by pvping. When I started it is completely equal.

I sign up for a mini today in sag, I bring my pvp 2 pom to the mini. I have store bought pvp main pieces and weapons, so I have to pay out of pocket to get beginning pvp gear. I go in and people that spend hours and hours raiding run around and wreck everyone. A t4 pom goes 27-2, all he has to do to get a kill is cast 1 mitra searing eye. I spend the entire match running, trying to evade attacks because Im the pvp 2 crap gear pom that everyone wants to kill because it's easier than killing pve players.

Something needs to be done about this. I don't understand it. Nothing else should matter. Not crafting, pve 6 mans, NOTHING. PVP needs to catch up to pve. It is simple.
    out of all those games what would you say is the best? Jw i stop playing aoc and messing with other games none of those tho
    Tyranny -PvP

Raiding is the new smoking just kills your life

Rakdos - [Yuisoku]: we care about pvp, but not hardcore pvp. we like relaxed world vs world pvp etc.... not elitism deathmatch

If you only like minis, just play SMITE. Arena based pvp with the God of your choice, based on skill not gear. Matches pop all the time and puts AoC minis to shame when it comes to stats. I've canceled my sub that I've had since launch because I've finally given up on Funcom because they don't listen to their customers when it comes to PvP.
    z0MbiE eLVis

\_______/
    (òó)
    \/
    Join the
    MURDER HERD
    or get
    MURDERED TO DEATH
    [Artorosos]: VAI TE FUDER.... WHAT DO YOU GAIN WITH THIS MTF FILHA DA PUTA I WILL KILL ALL YOUR MINIONS!
    [Lapdance]: thats how much of a baddie you are ganking lowbies in kesh .. u guys are pussies
    [Dezacrator]: hey mr murder hardon, you really that desperate for a kill?
    [Dhuriel]: thx for your mother suck so very well ganker
    [Verdigo]: u have no ballz lol go try to gank some

Quote Originally Posted by Zombielvis View Post
    If you only like minis, just play SMITE. Arena based pvp with the God of your choice, based on skill not gear. Matches pop all the time and puts AoC minis to shame when it comes to stats. I've canceled my sub that I've had since launch because I've finally given up on Funcom because they don't listen to their customers when it comes to PvP.
    This game is an obvious alternative to AOC in both style and graphics.

I am rolling closest thing to assassin which is this https://account.hirezstudios.com/smi...ods.aspx#Cupid
    Last edited by Slith; 28th November 2013 at 16:23.
    Retired

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast