Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappeared mail

Trader issues have two main reasons, first of all every item for sale on trader before merge does not show and has to be reupped, means stop sellling it and put it up again to make it show in search results!
    second and most likey the main reason why trader is so slow, a huge amount of players sate their curiosity and search fo some on trader. those of you who were there from the start and in the first few months should remember this. server isnt idle anymore, its running close to its limits with so many ppl oinline on one server. trader is simply lagging a bit

it was clearly stated in the server merge FAQ from GM letter from August, that mail will not be moved, and therfor lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    it was clearly stated in the server merge FAQ from GM letter from August, that mail will not be moved, and therfor lost.
    Utterly wrong.

FAQ: "Will all the items and messages stored in the bank also be moved automatically to the new server with the server merge?

Yes, all items and messages (including items attached to messages) will be moved."

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=184889
    Last edited by ConanLogan; 11th September 2013 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    Yes, that must be why they especially underlined and emphasized the "character transfer" and "server merge" here:

Will our mail, guild and city also be transferred with the character transfer?

Your mail is not transferred to the new server, be sure to empty it before transferring. Your guild and city are also not transferred to the new server.
    Will all the items and messages stored in the bank also be moved automatically to the new server with the server merge?

Yes, all items and messages (including items attached to messages) will be moved.
    @TribunLeader:
    Yes, that is why i was waiting and checking multiple chars before posting...will check again on more chars, though. But "lagging" for 15 minutes on every char...sounds a bit too much for me.

@ConanLogan: Seems you posted a bit faster than me
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th September 2013 at 17:12.

Just a heads up, I've spoken with Community Management and this is an issue they're currently looking into. Per the FAQ (already linked 2 posts above) mail items should not have gone missing from the server merge. When more info is available, I'll see about getting it out to you all.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Yeah, I have the same issue.I logged with one of my chars and saw that 2 of my items were missing at the trader ( were sold ) but I haven't received any coins for them, nor have I gotten any email stating which items I have sold.
    All I got was this " retrieving messages " which lasts for like forever and changes quickly to " no messages " right after switching trader tabs back and forth.

I hope it's something that can be fixed because otherwise we're gonna be screwed.

P.S. Great, now even the search function is bugged and not working.I can't find a single item at the trader and every time I reenter it, I keep receiving the " retrieving messages " which changes to " no message " as soon as I change a tab for a second.
    Last edited by Ald-Daedroth; 11th September 2013 at 19:32.

Checked again with 5 more chars. All mails gone.
    When checking first, the trader seems stuck on "retrieving messages". Then comes "no messages".
    Again, waiting did not help...kept the trader window open for lots of minutes.
    When i send a new mail, it works (tried with one fresh logged and one already logged char).
    Sadly, i can not give any specific items that were lost from sales, but i can confirm that those chars who are likely to have sold something, show empty spaces where the sold items have been.
    Items not sold are still there, of course (can't say for sure, if blue and still for sale or reset to normal storage though).

The "not finding items" via search might be linked to a trader reset.
    When i searched for tradeskills earlier, there were some for sale (one from an eu player (known name) and others from us players probably (unknown name)). But maybe they put them up after the merge.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th September 2013 at 20:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Just a heads up, I've spoken with Community Management and this is an issue they're currently looking into. Per the FAQ (already linked 2 posts above) mail items should not have gone missing from the server merge. When more info is available, I'll see about getting it out to you all.
    Thank you Arisanya, good to have some feedback

Apparently, the character IDs were changed, i. e. the number identifying the character. I guess this is a fix to the problem that slowed down the merges; probably the same number system was used for EU and US servers, i. e. you would have had two characters for the same ID number.

The mail system apparently didn't adjust for that with existing mail. For new mail... don't know. Didn't get two mails I sent to an alt today, but others arrived perfectly fine. Maybe you've got to log in with that character before getting mail, that seems to be critical to the ID switch being correctly applied.

It would be interesting to know if somebody (probably US players) got mail that wasn't meant for them... but they might not tell us.

Ok, WTH is wrong here? I've just sent a decent amount of gold to one of my chars, to which I logged in right after.I got that money and then I sent it to yet another char on the same account.I logged into that char and the money is nowhere to be found! It's disappeared.It happened 20 minutes ago, so server merge isn't an excuse in this case.Both characters were logged in yesterday after the merge as well.
    It was the kind of amount you really work hard to obtain so to say I'm really fed up right now is to say it gently.
    First I loose all the money from the items that I sold before the merge.Now I loose even the money which I sent over AFTER the merge.

I'm just lacking words...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast