Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where's the T5?

Does anyone remember last Anniversary events?

Huge boss, no tactic, lot of random players, some equiped with blue items others with T4, unbalance between clases... and it was fun. How such a sloppy fight can be fun?

Open world pvp fights. Two enemy groups meet: one with 3 T4 equiped players, 5 T3 and 7 T2. The other one 24 with T2 equipement. Lot of inbalance? Who cares, that is fun. And veterans can fight alongside newcomers because every sword adds up.

As said many times before:

PVE is limited. Once you complete T4 you will ask for T5, and after that T6, and so on. Funcom with limited resources can deliver that content?

PVP is endless. Open world pvp guild competition is easy to implement and gives the game huge longevity (remember Conan is an eternal archetype with more than 80 years of life, and will be revisited by each generation in the future).

The question is, why since lauch developement has only been focused in pve while population and fun were reduced in same measure?

I see a PVE developer activity like that one of a film director or book author. They feed the amusement to the customer right into their mouths.

To be a PVP developer gives no credit. They are not the amusement god-givers. Their job is to create prizes worth of fighting for and allow players evolve by themselves.

So has Funcom any PVP developer at all?

Last edited by nikepilas; 1st August 2013 at 10:14.

We need 12 man raids. yes, go and slaughter me verbally, but the fact is that most people will never see the end of t4/3.5/Lurker unless they watch it on youtube.

Atm I'm frustrated that I can't get into some 3.5/Lurker raiding because noone is doing them because too many people are too loot focused, instead of enjoying a nice challenge and the story (I love the HOC/Dragon's spine stuff).

So make future raids 12 man and make them as hard as FC wants to. Atm we have nice raiding content sitting there unused also because it's almost impossible to find 23 other players that wants to go there for the all the wipes required for solving the encounters and not just for the bloody loot!

12 man raids would also give small/casual guilds a better chance to actually get those raid groups going. If they manage to succeed in killing the hard bosses is less important! At least they can ejoy the content.

Remember, We are a small community compared to stuff like wow. same goes for secret world, but that does not have to be a bad thing, just make the content fit for smaller groups, then go nuts on the difficulty scale if FC feels the need
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

we've already got about 50 characters full T4 in Requiem Nex. I'd hazard a rough guess that another 50 characters are over half T4 geared. Working on getting 3rd and 4th alts through T4 is incredibly boring when we'd love to be playing new content that gives us a better upgrade on our favourite main characters instead.

My suggestion is to make the new dragonspine raid T4 or T4.5, with gear that has more interesting stats.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Agree with AngryBarb, 12-man raids is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Agree with AngryBarb, 12-man raids is the way to go
    I'd go for this, much more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post

That said, why is Funcom so adamant on not adding any raids above Jade Citadel? I might not be one of them and I might think they're silly for chasing carrots on grindmills, but telling the hardcore raiders (one of the most diehard fan groups left in AoC) that "progression has ended two years ago" is just insane. Now they have nothing at all to look forward to. Once he gets the T4 stuff, the carrot chaser can't even hope that there'll be something else to get one day because he's been told that T4 is the end.

If it's not because of these two reasons, then why? Why is FC refusing the carrot chasers to even have a hope? Even if FC has zero intention of ever making a T5, I don't understand the reasoning behind flatout saying "this is where PvE ends". What's up with that, could we possibly get an official answer to it?
    Funcom reps have actually said the above somewhere? They've been adamant that there is nothing above T4? That it's the end? I've never heard anything like that.

Only thing I've heard about the new raid was Craig Morrison said it might be a 12 man and might be 3.5 tier, but haven't heard anything from the new team.

If the new raid isn't T5, I'm probably out, and so will be most of the raiders I play with. The "most players don't do T4!!!!111" excuses from players enjoying their 1,000th yakmar is nonsense. There are 8-10 guilds doing T4 on Set, and many more on Euro servers. That's a huge % of AOC's active population.

No T5, many of those players will start leaving in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfRez View Post
    I think because a game always needs something that has not been achieved yet by someone.
    That is true, but instead they could create new pvp objectives because they last longer.
    Minigames are most popular content in AoC since campaign badges were introduced

Here we go again.

I'm amazed how you know 12-man will be more accessible than 24. It's plain wishful thinking without any rational arguments behind it.

Difficulty has nothing to do with group size. One thing that changes is just fight complexity and that increases possible ways to wipe, but not increase overall difficulty. We have already few 6-man fights that are harder (or with lower error margin) than any 24 fight. And in more complex fight - you know for tank-spank tactics there is t2, not t5 - in 12 man raid is less space for people you could carry through.

And there is things that blocks 12 man raid well. Those are 12 classes, where 6 are pure dpsers only.
    And healing system, with low single HP output from single healer compared to mobs DPS.
    And 95% population of rangers or hoxes (there is few good players who do good enough to not drop them) will be left behind.
    Together with all tanks whou can't hold proper dps - can't tank at least 1.5k dps? Bye, Bye.
    Or dps'ers and healers who can't dps - are you heal bot or can't do hight dps while focusing also on other tasks? Fired!

If Funcom would try introduce 12 man raids balanced for 12 callas raids, tactics become dull (no more splitting or if everything has to be possible to solo tank & heal) or will be raiding will be even more elite it is now.

Dummies.

Unless you want t2 fights with t4/5 loot, but then why are you not asking for 12 man raid instead of nerf hammer. It's too mainstream already? Or would put you in line with those who can't play.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Here we go again.

I'm amazed how you know 12-man will be more accessible than 24. It's plain wishful thinking without any rational arguments behind it.

Difficulty has nothing to do with group size. One thing that changes is just fight complexity and that increases possible ways to wipe, but not increase overall difficulty. We have already few 6-man fights that are harder (or with lower error margin) than any 24 fight. And in more complex fight - you know for tank-spank tactics there is t2, not t5 - in 12 man raid is less space for people you could carry through.

And there is things that blocks 12 man raid well. Those are 12 classes, where 6 are pure dpsers only.
    And healing system, with low single HP output from single healer compared to mobs DPS.
    And 95% population of rangers or hoxes (there is few good players who do good enough to not drop them) will be left behind.
    Together with all tanks whou can't hold proper dps - can't tank at least 1.5k dps? Bye, Bye.
    Or dps'ers and healers who can't dps - are you heal bot or can't do hight dps while focusing also on other tasks? Fired!

If Funcom would try introduce 12 man raids balanced for 12 callas raids, tactics become dull (no more splitting or if everything has to be possible to solo tank & heal) or will be raiding will be even more elite it is now.

Dummies.

Unless you want t2 fights with t4/5 loot, but then why are you not asking for 12 man raid instead of nerf hammer. It's too mainstream already? Or would put you in line with those who can't play.
    Difficulty has nothing to do with group size = agree. By your own admission then the size of the raid is irrelevant in this regard to you.

But then you go on and list why it will be harder as if rushing to contradict yourself. A good number of the reasons you give are actually great reasons for why we need more content with less than 24 players. It's T5, it's meant to be hard!

If you have tanks that can't hold 1500 DPS, good, they shouldn't be in T5.
    If you have healers who can't DPS whatsoever, good, they shouldn't be in T5.
    If you play a DPS class such as a HOX or Ranger and can't do decent DPS... more of the same.

If it's going to be T5, it should be the hardest content in the game and specifically designed not to be getting carried through. Isn't that the whole purpose?

A few other points: Can you rephrase what you mean with your healing thing? The way you have written it suggests that there's some kind of black hole of imbalance for healing when you have more people than 6 but less people than 24, ignoring that this is frequently the case when you have to split a raid between multiple objectives? I don't know what you are meaning and I just have to disagree at this stage.

FC should upgrade T3,5 to T5. T3,5 is harder then T4 anyway (and very view play it). Just adjust T3,5 a bit , give T5 Token und change the loot to be slightly better then T4 (or even better - nerf T4).

With the very limited ressources FC has it would give the best ROI for them and a lot to do for all full T4 chars. It is a shame how Turan was wasted because of the wrong loot level...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast