Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: downtime 5/4/13

Quote Originally Posted by fleshhunter View Post
    Dont turn it this way. People are asking for long term fix to lag and technical issues, most players have been waiting years for improvement that could have waited 2 hours until EU Primetime is over.
    And in 2 hours US prime time starts. So if the EU players aren't complaining, the US ones are...
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Well its back up now
    The Covenant of Hoisting Social Rejects

http://www.twitch.tv/nukeyys

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    'OMG why now!? WAIT til I'm done playing!'
    Exactely this.
    Last edited by Maark; 5th April 2013 at 21:53.
    Retired

Exclamation

I understand that it's EU prime time for raiding right now, but you guys are truly surprising me.

So many posts about 'we need fixes, we need updates, we need answers NOW!!' and then when something happens you guys get upset and say 'OMG why now!? WAIT til I'm done playing!'

Funcom just can't win no matter which way you look...

Edit - the US servers were down a half hour. 30 minutes. That does not destroy your whole night. For those of you guilds that are raiding, sure it's a bit of a hastle, but you can reform the raid and get right back in there, just may need to clear some trash over again.
    this surprises me.. this is a friday evening in europe and its prime time for most people who has work.. can it not wait until atleast the morning? and as a moderator i would assume your a employee of fc? this is not good the way you handle this situation. ofcourse people want fix but i doubt anyone with a logical mind wants it on a friday evening after along week at work.

Well, i have been advocating for this game for 4+ years, and im a adult. Patching or downtime on friday night in main playtime? its like closing the pub in the weekend.
    Koraile, dark templar.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroen View Post
    Ya'll just got Funcomed KAPAAAAUUUW
    Are you a troll Heroen???

I understand that it's EU prime time for raiding right now, but you guys are truly surprising me.

So many posts about 'we need fixes, we need updates, we need answers NOW!!' and then when something happens you guys get upset and say 'OMG why now!? WAIT til I'm done playing!'

Funcom just can't win no matter which way you look...

Edit - the US servers were down a half hour. 30 minutes. That does not destroy your whole night. For those of you guilds that are raiding, sure it's a bit of a hastle, but you can reform the raid and get right back in there, just may need to clear some trash over again.
    Funcom can easily win by using common sense and one shred of organization.

Example: "Hmmm Friday night primetime is probably just about the worst possible time to bring down servers, let's wait until 1:00AM CET so that at least most of the prime time raids will have been concluded by then. Also that way we can give a 3 hour warning instead of one hour" (which got shortened by 10 minutes btw, even cheating on timers....)

See? It isn't THAT difficult.

Also, no, we cannot reform the raid. Scheduled raid time was 20:30-23:30 CET. You shut down the servers at 23:00, I can't ask people to stay available for what MIGHT or MIGHT NOT be a shorter downtime for the last half hour of the raid. And in case you're wondering: yes, that last half hour IS a big deal for us, we could have killed one more boss which would have allowed us a better chance at progression on Monday.

So don't assume you're screwing your customers just a bit, because the simple truth is, you don't know how much you're screwing them. Be smart and play safe, especially when it's so easy to do.

[EDIT] And for the love of god don't pull the "then we screw US" card. If that's the problem, you shut them down at 7AM CET = 1 AM EST. I'm pretty sure you won't have all that many players in EU playing at 7 in the morning.
    Last edited by MagnusLL; 5th April 2013 at 21:20.

And in 2 hours US prime time starts. So if the EU players aren't complaining, the US ones are...
    Well I heard US servers are even more dead than EU ones, if anything can be more dead than dead, so yea bad time for a restart, I want to complain, I have to. . . complain complain complain. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffneck View Post
    this surprises me.. this is a friday evening in europe and its prime time for most people who has work.. can it not wait until atleast the morning? and as a moderator i would assume your a employee of fc? this is not good the way you handle this situation. ofcourse people want fix but i doubt anyone with a logical mind wants it on a friday evening after along week at work.
    I am not a Funcom employee. I am a volunteer - unpaid - player exactly like all of you.

I know it's not ideal. But would it really have been better for them to go the whole weekend without anything, and allow the crashes/lag/what have you continue throughout everyone's time off of work?
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffneck View Post
    Mods are not employees of FC they are randoms volunteers that try to handle the forums as much as they can. Now they just wont admit it but this time is bad time for a restart only few will say else.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast