Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crafting: A new game barrier ?

I am looking forward to crafting revamp, specially as i am strictly pvp player and dont have access to any pve gear that is sadly better than pvp one.
    I just hope it wont turn into mindless grind to get that rare mats.

And to the people that are afraid their t4 gear wont be uber anymore, and they wont have edge over people that dont raid. Well it should be like that in pvp, pvers should not have edge.
    But I'm afraid it wont be so easy or even possible to craft better or even same gear as t4 for long time to come

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Players that had those recepies got compensation via the amount of gold they made. Isn't that enough ? Not to mention the current available recepies are pretty useless for most of it.
    To answer that question no it's not, not in the least. The compensation and exchange best be on a extremely fare basis or I believe FC will see anger like they haven't seen in a long time.

+Once things get onto test live 70% of the system is pretty much set in stone. Hence why they did a 1 hour in depth live interview for crafting.... to gauge player reaction.

+Crafting will/should be more (much more potentially) powerful then T4... otherwise the entire system will be a waste and no one will do it(I know I certainly wont)other then for vanity weapons. This is because you will not only need the super secret recipe(and the immense amount of mats that go along with it) but the raid materials from t4/3.5 etc. I suspect to get 1 top crafted gear will take 3-4 times the effort to get 1 tier 4 gear.

+The recipes once discovered will trigger a TIMER. Something you may not all know. This is actually a very innovative solution by FC to A.) stop hoarding B.) destroy the in game economy C.) stop gold spammers D.) encourage teamwork(gonna need a team to get a whole bunch of raid items together in one place in a limited amount of time) E.) Stop these super powerful item recipes from becoming common knowledge... Once the timer expires (a few days maybe 1 week?) The recipe for that item scrambles up again ready to be found by another crafter.

+Crafting will and should change how people will play the game. No more rot items, you could entirely gear up with never having to go raiding(some people JUST can't raid due to schedules).It will probably(if done right) be one of the final and major revamps for the game. It really HAS TO BE perfect.

+ I vote to delay crafting until its absolutely perfect and bug free. The people who will quit and unsub will do so anyhow and are already f2p now. Let's make crafting perfect so revenue will be stronger in the longer term.

Unlikely. I for one spent lots of time chasing recipes the last 4 years, and yet i couldn't care less about the crafting revamp wiping it all.

The fact that the old recipes will allow us to have more choices between gear skins is already awesome.

I really don't understand people whining all the time for the most insignificant concerns.

as long as they nerf the pve when they put it on testlive im cool with anything

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post

+Crafting will/should be more (much more potentially) powerful then T4... otherwise the entire system will be a waste and no one will do it(I know I certainly wont)other then for vanity weapons. This is because you will not only need the super secret recipe(and the immense amount of mats that go along with it) but the raid materials from t4/3.5 etc. I suspect to get 1 top crafted gear will take 3-4 times the effort to get 1 tier 4 gear.
    That would be utterly stupid. The game would become easy mode pretty much every where if there were gear more powerful than t4. I doubt that's funcoms plan, if they in fact have one.

A serious craft over hall is what is needed!

The economy in the game is broken to all hell atm, armor isn't going to sell because you can simply go out and get some superior khatia gear in a matter of a few min-hours. Why spend that time gathering mats?

The only thing selling on the trader are shards, and the ring from Amp if your lucky enough to get one. This isn't good! I have numerous friends all the time asking me for gold, and I don't mind helping. But the fact is, this shouldn't be the state of the game. Alot of people are broke out their, and can't get gold. Unless they want to lead a wing 1, of which in the U.S. side of the house is annoying since 90% of the people can't even click the damn bowls correctly.

Simply put, AOC needs an economy for everyone to enjoy the game better. I want to see an updated crafted system sooner than later. As far as addressing bugs and such etc, before the craft update. Funcom has done a decent job at correcting most serious problems, yes some still exist etc. I know this! But honestly, crafting "I believe" is more important than if a mount is invisible while you ride it.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    But they HAVE said that, in fact they have said many times that long time crafters and mat gatherers will be compensated.
    Yes, but the problem is how...a compensation can be onetime wortwhile, a onetime useless one, a bad conversion, a good conversion or something giving an unfair edge for special receipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    But, shard hoarders will have their shards still. And i think that is really the only resource worth worrying about as it is the one thing the entire game economics revolves around. (Which sadly means that the gold spammers will still be in business. FC should just sell the shards in the in game shop, or even frigging Ibis swords, maybe then they would be out of commission finally. :P )

Lets panic when we know what to panic about.
    That is what i mean with respect. Those that farmed, exploited and grinded get rewarded, while those who started the quests and collected what they could as well as done crafting (often at expense) are ignored or belittled.

If they manage to convert everything in the old system somehow to the new, so there is no loss (or no great loss that is compensated by a new fun system) for the crafters than there is no reason to panic at all But how do you know that? Is the shard farmer with resources spending one or two hours per day more important than the other player bashing nodes to craft that low level armor for alts or friends (though both spent maybe the same time ingame)?

A positive point as you said, might be more variety in end game weapons. some craftable alternative to ibis would be nice...

@Vehl: The gold is no compensation at all, if you take a look at the individual prices, the effort needed to get the receipe, the effort needed to get the ingredients (without bots) and the power of more easily obtained items.

@Mellaus: Stating that the concerns are insignificant i find rather insulting, since in every crpg and mmo, crafting, collecting and buying/selling is an essential part of the whole thing. Again, the impact would not be "whining" but rather positive feedback (especially the skin part you mentioned) probably, if funcom would communicate the changes and conversion rules. THis is basically the main concern...and imo not too much to ask, if they have concrete plans and some idealism and belief in what they do, so they can backup the plans by more than "trust us, it will be awesome".

@Kenny...: I agree with most points...but that makes the whole thing even more important and critical not to mess up! On the old forums there have been really nice ideas since 2008 to make crafting better and many ideas in the new system "sound" good too...then why not make an open discussion, to avoid alienating a whole type of loyal player (some did not much else for years than collecting and finding stuff and the mats to craft (not just shards!)) when the compensation turns out badly or useless and individual effort is not rewarded in the new system (which is a very valid concern imo)?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 5th April 2013 at 13:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    That would be utterly stupid. The game would become easy mode pretty much every where if there were gear more powerful than t4. I doubt that's funcoms plan, if they in fact have one.
    How would it become ez mode? If you need 2 or 3 t4 pieces and 6 rares and 18 shards AND discover the super secret recipe then it would be ten times HARDER to get 1 super weapon.

I think there's a lot of people here who have finished off their t4 sets and are kinda miffed that there's potentially something better on the horizon. Well... let me tell you.

There's only a handful of guilds that does t4 and their main groups are filled most are f2p now because they are pretty much "finished" with the game. This ruins the game because it caters to the hardcore. If you haven't heard the news ..this game has only a couple thousand people subbed up in the u.s. WoW has millions. And if you say "well this isn't WoW.. OK ..that's cool man.. this also isn't a charity.."

We can't cater to only the super elite who happen to have that perfect schedule.We definitely should make content for them and I'm a big advocate for that but for people who want to get elite gear but don't have a good schedule on primetime or don't have long stretches of time, crafting is an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by TBird69 View Post
    To answer that question no it's not, not in the least. The compensation and exchange best be on a extremely fare basis or I believe FC will see anger like they haven't seen in a long time.
    Most of the things you can craft are useless now except a couple of rings, necklace and cheap weapons for beginners. Thus compensating those recepies that have grown to be useless with looks seems rather fair.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast