Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling it now - we'll be fighting World Bosses on the rez pads.

Default Calling it now - we'll be fighting World Bosses on the rez pads.

WORLD BOSSES

Players now need to be within 70m of a boss when it dies to receive loot and have their quest updated.
    Players need to be alive and within 30m of the boss when it dies to be eligible for the chance at one of the guaranteed Epic loot boxes.
    I bet this happens.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

the chance at one of the guaranteed Epic loot boxes.
    ...Also this makes no sense at all
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

I'm not sure if this will bring more or less slackers. Will see. But Happy to see you are at least trying to do something.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

indeed bosses will be dragged to rez pads and even more farmed for epic loot wich should not be there lol.
    dumb gets dumber...epic.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

No need to drag bosses to respad,funcom just need to make sure they spawn at respads haha

On the plus side, bosses will die quicker - as the dps that's usually lost by people legging it at 10% won't disappear. The boss will be on the rez pad 100% of the fight.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Oh nice, all my wb kitting xp will be rewarded and considered by the community !

So now people can run up to the boss, hit it once, and then go afk while hoping the boss doesn't get moved. EPIC! Almost as good as the old Stamina fix.

Can you folks at fucom PLEASE make one of the world boss one big treasure chest with slobbery mashing fangs and makes a sound like "Nom nom nom" as it chomps at players. But the boss must drop nothing but items like wine and cheese. You know, stuff that is useless. Because I know everyone loves waiting around for cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    I'm not sure if this will bring more or less slackers. Will see. But Happy to see you are at least trying to do something.
    World bosses are slacker and afk content by design (lottery). If you want active people, add a short cooldown and make them worthy opponents and not hitpointmountains (timesinks) and maybe add some tokens for player chooseable guaranteed rewards (or give choices for quest step rewards per boss ONCE).

I don't think these changes will work for the better, especially on pvp servers. It is also a slap in the face to people already struggling with hardware and connection problems.
    Why change a running system? Because some "important" people could not wait a few more seconds to get to a ress pad? Or because of afk people the fight on Crom took 15 minutes per boss instead of 10???
    You just created more "lockout" content on Fury especially
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th June 2014 at 13:50.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast