Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dual wield classes

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    You're plainly wrong. Demos, necros and sins outdps barbs, hoxes and rangers in almost any scenario in the game, regardless of trash. This is especially apparent in stawman parsing, where top-geared demos, necros and sins can easily surpass 2000 dps whereas most other classes struggle to reach it. That's without mentioning that many fights in the game favour ranged dps.

It's not like it matters, but there is a noticeable difference in the damage the different classes output.

Oh, and having played since 2008 isn't particularly relevant when it comes to evaluating class/dps performance in the current game considering every single class has gone through enormous changes since then. Having raided T3-T4 for 5 months several times a week in multiple guilds is.

Lmao straw man parses mean squat buddy. And while I've not raided in a fair while I know plenty of barbs and hox's who still kick demos in raid parses as they are the only parses that count and these guys clear t4 daily with alts hell I've played my poorly speed poorly geared dt and topped parses in pug T3 raids so if you know what you are doing how the mechanics of the class and the fight work most good barbs and I'm talking people who have raided since 08 will beat any demo you put in front of them dps wise.
    Demo necro and sin are easy classes to play and get good figures with cause they are very forgiving classes and have a very low skill ceiling but the rest take skill to play well.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Lmao straw man parses mean squat buddy. And while I've not raided in a fair while I know plenty of barbs and hox's who still kick demos in raid parses as they are the only parses that count and these guys clear t4 daily with alts hell I've played my poorly speed poorly geared dt and topped parses in pug T3 raids so if you know what you are doing how the mechanics of the class and the fight work most good barbs and I'm talking people who have raided since 08 will beat any demo you put in front of them dps wise.
    Demo necro and sin are easy classes to play and get good figures with cause they are very forgiving classes and have a very low skill ceiling but the rest take skill to play well.
    Dream on buddy. I'd rather trust my logs in T3-T4 from three separate guilds, as well as numerous T3 and MC pugs over 5 months, not to mention the consensus of just about anyone on these forums, over your anecdotes about "really experienced people". You can add a bunch of dps to the parse by being more experienced, using more potions, knowing the fight better, just trying a lot harder etc than the other dps, but in the end dps comes from how much damage the ideal rotation of a class outputs, and that damage is higher with demos, sins and necros than with hoxes, barbs and rangers. Not gonna get into soldiers since they're gonna get nerfed, but it's certainly true that dts can output some ridiculous dps with an exceedingly simple rotation at the moment.

Your anecdotes about these mysterious people who really know their class unlike just about everyone else are about as worthless as those about "that one time, remember, when that pom topped the parse" or "2 years ago, Lurvi did 2000 dps".

Well I Certainly don't claim to be pro or anything. but I do 1400 dps on my barb in a Zodiac fight (very barb friendly fight, I know , I've been told that the best barbs can do 1800+ on Zodiac.

Point is, I'm doing all right as dps, ofc certain fights are less barb friendly (dps wise), but then a barb might sometimes be used as a cc machine and thus less dps while being useful.

Also, I often see players posting parsers that are not very accurate. It's amazing how the parse of zodiac fight can differ once you you filter out the crap, and show the direct dam.

All in all I am happy with my barb's performance in raids and 6man's
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Dream on buddy. I'd rather trust my logs in T3-T4 from three separate guilds, as well as numerous T3 and MC pugs over 5 months, not to mention the consensus of just about anyone on these forums, over your anecdotes about "really experienced people". You can add a bunch of dps to the parse by being more experienced, using more potions, knowing the fight better, just trying a lot harder etc than the other dps, but in the end dps comes from how much damage the ideal rotation of a class outputs, and that damage is higher with demos, sins and necros than with hoxes, barbs and rangers. Not gonna get into soldiers since they're gonna get nerfed, but it's certainly true that dts can output some ridiculous dps with an exceedingly simple rotation at the moment.

Your anecdotes about these mysterious people who really know their class unlike just about everyone else are about as worthless as those about "that one time, remember, when that pom topped the parse" or "2 years ago, Lurvi did 2000 dps".
    Lmao you have been through 3 guilds in 5 months damn you must be so pro I must listen and agree with you on everything.

And if you want a parse war I got 25000000 dps on vistrix on a ranger I 1 shotted it so does that mean rangers are all imba?
    Last edited by blynd; 28th April 2014 at 14:52.

Technology is might

Lmao you have been through 3 guilds in 5 months damn you must be so pro I must listen and agree with you on everything.

And if you want a parse war I got 25000000 dps on vistrix on a ranger I 1 shotted it so does that mean rangers are all imba?

i doubt this is possible with a caster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNlO...B_YtePbCn1PamA
    rofl at that video. "Not possible with a caster"? What's not possible with a caster? Tanking Olik? Obviously, and I never said anything about dt dps - I consider the nerf deserved, if possibly too severe. Also, they 3-man Olik with a necro instead of a sin (and notice that I consider sin to be among the top dps) in about the same time here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IivzqGnschQ

And fyi, the dps in all those speed runs posted on that channel is either sin or necro, including the T'ian'an run where they go with 2 necro and a sin. If anything, that video channel supports my argument.

...Demo necro and sin are easy classes to play and get good figures with cause they are very forgiving classes and have a very low skill ceiling but the rest take skill to play well.
    I assume you're talking PVE....
    Saying "very low skill ceiling" is OK for demo and necro (or rangers for that matter), which can be played successfully whist watching your fav reality TV show.... but NEVER include sin with demo, necro or ranger for that matter - when talking skill or how forgiving/easy a class is to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecata View Post
    I assume you're talking PVE....
    Saying "very low skill ceiling" is OK for demo and necro (or rangers for that matter), which can be played successfully whist watching your fav reality TV show.... but NEVER include sin with demo, necro or ranger for that matter - when talking skill or how forgiving/easy a class is to play.
    yeah current ranger sucks wish old xbow worriors were brought back. And while i agree in part the skill cieling of a sin is much higher then a demo/necro, any muppet with a keyboard can get massive dps figures its how not to get killed that is the skill for a pve sin

Technology is might

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123