Thread: "The update process did not complete successfully"

Angry "The update process did not complete successfully"

I have been wrestling with an AoC related problem lately. The gist of it is that it does not work.

I first had a steam version that bit the pork chop, that's fine, Steam is like that. I uninstalled it in three stages first Steam (delete local content) Control panel, the deleted what was left.

I decided to resurrect my old download from my Age of Conan account page (one that Funcom owns)

It will go past downloading the patcher (two 17.9mb downloads, it does it twice, then gives the punchline ""The update process did not complete successfully".

I have noticed a quite marked decrease in my enjoyment of AoC since this issue popped up. I hesitate to use the "Ive played this game since 2009 and pay Funcom an annual subscription etc" but its getting close.

It seems like an unreasonable transaction that I pay for a game I cannot play.

I think it likely that there is an issue here and would like this issue resolved so I can get back to levelling my Barb

I'm having the same problem too, did you find a way to finally get back into the game? It's not letting me play...

Edit 1: This http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?p=2090404 didn't work

Edit 2: But THIS WORKED! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/92750...tures/43737345
    If the link is broken it says
    "Go to your AoC folder, then to the RDB folder.

Scroll down to the bottom and delete the file named "RDBHashIndex" then try updating again"
    Last edited by Mystievel; 19th April 2014 at 16:47.

I have the same issue the above fix didnt work.

Same here as well. This is pretty annoying .

Yeah the error came back for me as well & what used to fix it...now doesn't...

At what, or after what patching stage does the error come up? Try running Patchersetup.exe as administrator and turning off crap antivirus.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Yep problem was antivirus for me too. it works normally after disable the antivirus or give permisson those aoc files caught by antivirus.
    Last edited by unmastered; 17th May 2014 at 07:51.

I have the same problem with patching, but i havent any antivirus and i turn off my firewall. Ofc i deleted RDBhash... files. Why not running my conan please?

Quote Originally Posted by Midar666 View Post
    I have the same problem with patching, but i havent any antivirus and i turn off my firewall. Ofc i deleted RDBhash... files. Why not running my conan please?
    Hell if I know. I can't mind read your computer.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Hell if I know. I can't mind read your computer.
    i dont understand you, what are you need from me? i was playing yesterday but today i cant playing coz patchfailure and i done each step from forum in tech. issues.
    Do you need to knows my pc parameters?