Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dt tanking quill of ibis gem?

Default dt tanking quill of ibis gem?

can anyone tell me what best gems should i use for tanking on a dt with my quill of ibis and how can i get them?

Quote Originally Posted by deinagon View Post
    can anyone tell me what best gems should i use for tanking on a dt with my quill of ibis and how can i get them?
    I don't think anyone will tell you what you should use. It's kind of personal decision what do you think is best for you taking in account gear you have. Basically you can put +crit gem and 2 magic dmg gems or +crit and magic dmg and bel's mirth. You can even switch +crit gem for one that procs armor but I wouldn't advise it :P

For your second question - there's this nice feature allowing you to trade with other players called "Trader" and there you can find plenty of different stuff to buy including gems :-) You can also ask some fellow gemcutter to make one for you.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

* (White) Austere Brilliant Diamond (Give u more crit rating, really important as dt with VoM.)

* (Blue) Moonstone of Bel's Mirth (Gives u spell penetration for 15 sec each 2 times per min, make your magic attacks do more damage.)
    * (Blue) Cabochon Azurite (Give you more magic damage.)

* (Yellow) Topaz of Divine Benediction (Can proc 2 times per min giving you a health buff, with correct VoM stacks its like extra big heal twice per min. And it can crit which is good to build more VoM stacks.)
    * (Yellow) Omnific Marquise Pushparagam (Gives more magic damage.)

There is only one White gem to consider as DT rest is crap. For the other two you have few options, but I whould choose the Bel's Mirith and Divine Benediction gems, since extra big heals is allways welcome when tanking and the extra things that can crit and proc VoM stacks, and the Spell penetration buff makes you hit harder and cause more dps, more aggro and more health taps.

Quote Originally Posted by -beawolf- View Post
    * (White) Austere Brilliant Diamond (Give u more crit rating, really important as dt with VoM.)

* (Blue) Moonstone of Bel's Mirth (Gives u spell penetration for 15 sec each 2 times per min, make your magic attacks do more damage.)
    * (Blue) Cabochon Azurite (Give you more magic damage.)

* (Yellow) Topaz of Divine Benediction (Can proc 2 times per min giving you a health buff, with correct VoM stacks its like extra big heal twice per min. And it can crit which is good to build more VoM stacks.)
    * (Yellow) Omnific Marquise Pushparagam (Gives more magic damage.)

There is only one White gem to consider as DT rest is crap. For the other two you have few options, but I whould choose the Bel's Mirith and Divine Benediction gems, since extra big heals is allways welcome when tanking and the extra things that can crit and proc VoM stacks, and the Spell penetration buff makes you hit harder and cause more dps, more aggro and more health taps.
    which white gems is the only good white gem that you are talking about??

Quote Originally Posted by deinagon View Post
    which white gems is the only good white gem that you are talking about??
    The first one he posted there....
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

For the blue slot you want the electrical protection gem. It gives about +150 electrical protection which is a huge bonus since electrical damage is the most common of the "magic" damages in both dungeons and raids. Bels mirth is overrated, 1400 spell penetration is maybe 25% magic damage bonus at best, who cares?

For the yellow slot I recommend the gem that gives you mana. Reason is simple. How many fights are you in where you end up completely drained of this wonderful blue liquid? In order for your shield to work you must max mana, end of story.

White slot NEEDS the evade rating gem. Why mitigate damage when you can just evade it completely?

Just as bels mirth is now overrated ( was freakin op )
    White evade ? NO do the math on evade and if that suits you over feeding vom procs.........then rethink the bels mirth statement

Quote Originally Posted by RawssGoredon View Post
    For the blue slot you want the electrical protection gem. It gives about +150 electrical protection which is a huge bonus since electrical damage is the most common of the "magic" damages in both dungeons and raids. Bels mirth is overrated, 1400 spell penetration is maybe 25% magic damage bonus at best, who cares?

For the yellow slot I recommend the gem that gives you mana. Reason is simple. How many fights are you in where you end up completely drained of this wonderful blue liquid? In order for your shield to work you must max mana, end of story.

White slot NEEDS the evade rating gem. Why mitigate damage when you can just evade it completely?
    this is a quite unorthodox approach, I must say

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    this is a quite unorthodox approach, I must say
    The guy is just trolling right? ...right???
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Yes, which is stupid.
    Misleading on purpose someone coming here with a genuine question is just retarded.

To the OP.
    Ibis can be your protection sword or your regular tanking one.

If you make it your regular tanking weapon, then :
    White slot : crit, or hit if you higher tiers.
    Yellow slot : unholy magical damage.
    Blue slot : magical damage all around or bel's mirth.

If you make it your protection sword :
    White slot : Protection all around.
    Yellow slot : unholy magical damage, or protection against unholy for lower tiers and holy for higher ones.
    Blue slot : Protection against fire/elec/cold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast