Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crafting Revamp

Default Crafting Revamp

Sooo, I guess I will be the first to ask on the crafting forums.

When in the world is the new crafting system coming? Seriously speaking! It was told to be last December, then first of 2013, and now it's March of 2013 and word hasn't really spread.

I know that Funcom made moves etc, and I understand this. And I'm not expecting it to be next week. I'm just simply wanting to know a date for which it will be on TL and then implemented.

I talked to Craig via a live interview with some website. With that being said, he told the viewers that the crafting system was in it's final stages before being implemented. So whats the hold up now?
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

hopefully the reason why they are taking so long to implement the crafting revamp is that they are redesigning all the butt ugly burlap sack armor that is currently in game

Anyone have the link to the video where they showed the revamp?

I'm stock-piling Gold in anticipation ~ it's exciting because I thought I remember them saying you'll be able to craft PvP gear

Let the recipe runs begin !

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post

Let the recipe runs begin !
    There are no recepies in the new system.

The #ageofconan developer live stream hosted by @MMORPGcom is now available for steaming bit.ly/TsEU8i and bit.ly/TsEUVY
    Retired

thanks for the links vaere i finally got to see the revamp and it looks sweet!

So raid armor/weapons will be useless and only useful for raw ingredients?

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    So raid armor/weapons will be useless and only useful for raw ingredients?
    Nah, i guess if there is drop that nobody need than it wont go to waste but can be used as ingredient.
    I must admit that i look forward to this revamp but still have worm of doubt that it might turn into mindless grind for rare components.

So let me check my understanding of this. There won't be anymore making of a specific cultural weapon, such as an Acheronian Evening Star? Instead a player who has gathered the proper base ingredients and gems will combine them to make a 2HB with stats similar to an Acheronian Evening Star if they choose such.

Also, if you are currently an expert armor crafter will that translate to being an expert armor crafter in the new system? or will all players need to redevelop their crafting level? or will there just no longer be such a concept as crafting level period?

Quote Originally Posted by Radaghast123 View Post
    Also, if you are currently an expert armor crafter will that translate to being an expert armor crafter in the new system? or will all players need to redevelop their crafting level? or will there just no longer be such a concept as crafting level period?

There's 4 Tiers in the new crafting system I belive, starting at 20. The difference is that there is no quests or such things, you gain experience when you craft something and eventually level up.

They've said earlier that players who have trained in the old system will not end up at the bottom Tier in the new. Not sure if they will start at the top either.

Then there is the Critical success leveling, which still remains clouded, but is also based on how much you craft over time, so is probably also a Exp leveling system.

Exactly how the Economy is going to work remains to be seen. In TSW for example everyone can craft everything too, and there really is no crafting economy. You mostly loose money if you sell crafted items instead of components.

The main difference is that players can only craft so many items per day, and because of the critical system you may not want to spread crafting over many characters.

But how will it work when maybe 500 crafters on a server will craft all their crafting points every day to level up critical sucess?
    Last edited by paulson; 9th April 2013 at 06:13.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast