Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quest incentive for dungeon runs

Bibik has a point. I've only tried 3 unchained instances before i went back to kk/flame vortex palace farm. They are simply not popular due to the lack of experience some people have.

I'd like to do more old content instances. Eventhough i've done it a thousand times i'd like to see new players easier getting into groups. I saw 2 IT groups, 1 xiba and no Crow's nest last week.

What should be done is to make a similar quest to unchained just in Khitai, that would reward you with an epic chest at the end of the run completing all the required instances. It should have a chance to drop khitai dungeon loot like hands, legs, belts, sholders... The parts that are usually very annoying to get due to a fact that you are forced to grind one single instance depending on a dumb luck.

This way there would still be a luck factor but it would break the monotony and be there as an encouragement for ppl to do other instances than flame/vortex/palace.

Quests should be like:

Master The Northern Grasslands: Full Monastery > Pagoda > Pillars (kill all bosses, maybe if possible revert back old versons)
    Master The Chosain Mines: Den of Crowman > Jade Dugout > Abyss
    Master The Paikang Districts: Tianan > Ai

Eventhough people wouldn't make or join more often, it would be nice with a reward. I'd prefer these chests to contain rares, moas and some rare blue items. This is to make the grind faster and with more variation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Cause it's very hard to pug thems. Period.
    Adding loots won't solve this, only guilds-groups and guilds+friends groups will complete this, so it wont be an improvement for 90% of the population.
    Why does they need to be more rewarded ? They are already nicely rewarded. I don't think it will work, people runs Yag HM/Mona palace cause they are really fast + easy to pug. Looking for a pair of tanks able to do districts or knowing what to do in Jade Dugout can take hours, or even be impossible at some hours.
    If an instance is not fast and easy, it should either be fun or rewarding. Both are subjective, but boosting a bit the popularity of old world (without having to completely revamp and take risks this way) can't hurt. Token rewards do not hurt either...and it would be an alternative to the solo rare grind/ploit, which btw is done, because the prices in rares are really high, if you are not into a grindy chain.
    And when people have faction gear from rare tokens, the pug unfriendly instances would not be so unfriendly maybe OR at least there is a chance for more tanks in the endgame.

Many of the dungeons are difficult, but not more so than t3 or yag. Yes, it's a matter of experience. But with the right reward people will do it.

Yag was concidered to be extremely difficult and the place and tactics was very confusing in the beginning. T3 took ages before people got used to tactics and fights. People powered through to receive the rewards, and still do. Sadly, for most there is no real purpose to doing Jade dougout, abyss of kun whu, ai district etc.

Here's another idea:
    - Complete all khitai dungeons (or a selection of say.. 6 difficult ones.
    Reward #1: 1 gold, 200 mark of acclaim bla bla bla
    Reward #2: 24 hours buff received from a faction (not ticking offline). "Glory of Khitai" - 150 hit rating, 500 combat rating, 300 heal rating, 100 critical rating, 100 critical damage rating, 400 critigation

I remember I used to run a dungeon in Anarchy Online just to receive a 12 hour buff.
    Its just a matter of being creative and smart with the rewards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12