Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: No GD letter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    ...and you guys are wondering why GD appearances are rarer here than on TSW forums.
    Yeah, but you know its sad when every GD letter is nearly a copy/paste from last month and half the community can predict the rest down to the punctuation.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Yes, i was also disappointed by the last letter (one of the reason i'm in f2p atm). Doesn't mean i like being sarcastic or ironic about the next one. We should criticize things after reading, not before.

And tbh, most of the things from players i've readed here are also the same months after months. Even in this thread, there was like 3 posts the same thing about how letter might be.. ok the first one was kinda amusing i admit, but let's avoid the bored tone and the sarcastic/moronic ambiant air. This game and is community doesn't need that.

Funcom

It's a bit of a catch 22 though isn't it?

I mean, if I don't mention some things like the raid status or the crafting system, there is always *somebody* who goes nutshit that there was no update on it.

Here is perhaps a more constructive way of doing it then - what would you guys like to hear about in the GD letter this month. It can't be new features - we've already spoken about what we are working on and I don't want people to start expecting stuff that is a long way off in the pipeline.

So tell me what you'd like the hear about? I am sitting here writing it - so let me know!

(Honestly, giving up my weekends to be ridiculed! I'd like to know one other game that provides a monthly letter after 6 years!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post

I mean, if I don't mention some things like the raid status or the crafting system, there is always *somebody* who goes nutshit that there was no update on it.

Here is perhaps a more constructive way of doing it then - what would you guys like to hear about in the GD letter this month. It can't be new features - we've already spoken about what we are working on and I don't want people to start expecting stuff that is a long way off in the pipeline.

So tell me what you'd like the hear about? I am sitting here writing it - so let me know!

(Honestly, giving up my weekends to be ridiculed! I'd like to know one other game that provides a monthly letter after 6 years!)
    Talk a bit about the raid with more in depth details if you could such as raid size, 12 man or keep 24? Possibility of both 12 and 24? Power of the new gear, better than t4? On par with t4? Different stats? What's the intention of this raid in difficulty? Harder than Jade Citadel or Harder than Temple of Erlik?

Set bonuses? I was browsing through some files and saw testsetbonus items. They must had been worked on, you said in the past they never mentioned it but clearly it was being worked on as there was test item.

New t4 pvp gear, how to obtain it, talk about the new minigame map, what rules would it be? capture the skull, last man standing, call of jhebbal? 6v6 12v12 24v24?

The new pvp quests we tested on TL, possiblity of impleting such on pve servers? What's the boundaries? I guess the ffa arena is farily possible but the others?

"single server tech"? Scrapped or still worked on? Many been QQing about it.

Anniversary coming up fast, any cool events or nothing planned?

(Dont want to write letters? Then dont, no one is forcing you to as long as you give clear statements. I dont care if you change it into making it when there actually is something worth to write about - inform about. Lately most letters have contained same information, do em each 3rd month instead)

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post

Dont want to write letters? Then dont, no one is forcing you to as long as you give clear statements. I dont care if you change it into making it when there actually is something worth to write about - inform about. Lately most letters have contained same information, do em each 3rd month instead
    Hah, you are wrong about nobody forcing me! Just not players!

I can talk about some of the things you mentioned, but not all. I will add them to my list.

Set bonuses I won't talk about in the letter because it is a bit specific for a letter that is aimed at general community (the letters are not about informing hardcore players, they are general information for all players).

We did an investigation in the set bonuses and zero code work was done, just some test items were made from the systems team. We also did a test for set bonuses for the expansion many years ago, so you could also be looking at those test items in your datamining.

Without significant UI and code work, set bonuses won't happen, and right now that doesn't put them high on the list.
    Last edited by Nusquam; 29th March 2014 at 19:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    (Dont want to write letters? Then dont, no one is forcing you to as long as you give clear statements. I dont care if you change it into making it when there actually is something worth to write about - inform about. Lately most letters have contained same information, do em each 3rd month instead)
    Maybe you don't care but the letters are good for having free news on MMO generalist sites (to illustrate, 3 sites spread thoses only for the almost dead french community), which makes almost free advertizing to gamers, especially thoses who follow AoC but don't (or stopped) playing it. It's a good process and I personnaly want to keep thoses letters coming, even if their monthly rate makes it hard to tease fresh infos each time.

Don't forget also that many many players, not like you and me, keeps tracking the evolution of their game with thoses letters and are not following Test Live or Devtracker option.
    Last edited by Bibik; 29th March 2014 at 19:43.

tell to the people on top, who force you to post monthly vague letters, that if they think the 'general' population to whom they are addressed will start pouring in their sub money, they should change jobs.
    the game is on life support by a small compared to other MMOs dedicated hardcore base ,they continue to pay and ask some small upfront fishbait...a screenshot,a texture,a small video something,dont think is too difficult to include those on the monthly letters
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Don't forget also that many many players, not like you and me, keeps tracking the evolution of their game with thoses letters and are not following Test Live or Devtracker option.
    Totally, that's maybe the main reason to keep those monthly letters going on.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Why don't you guys stop investing money in little things that truly don't matter and build on a better infrastructure for the pvp community.

Make PVP free 2 play with all gear, AA and mini games unlocked and have people pay for cosmetics and attach a website for teams, ratings and statistics. I am not downloading 32 gigs to play some pve garbage that steered away your mass community to begin with.

The code isn't that much work and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    Make PVP free 2 play with all gear, AA and mini games unlocked and have people pay for cosmetics and attach a website for teams, ratings and statistics. I am not downloading 32 gigs to play some pve garbage that steered away your mass community to begin with.
    so pvp for free and pve for 14 euro per month? sounds fair.. lol

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast