Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idea for the 13th class

Funcom

We also still have our mo-cap studio. It's much faster for us to do human animations than it is to make monsters, for example.

That's could be an idea of upgraded combos/spells animations without having to upgrade the effect of spells. Some sort of "vanity" animations (or fatalities) rewarded in pve or pvp.

Any game that fails in creating natural looking animation puts me off instantly I tried eso beta for couple hours and I was done. Doesn't feel natural. One of the reasons among many others I got hooked to aoc was the brilliant mocaps they did.

Doing mocap alone is not enough, some studios just use one the dev team members to mocap animations the result ain't good fc hired pro people to mocap combat and dances just look at these guys how amazing they are doing their job.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/21236
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaceK1FN7eE

Quote Originally Posted by Vahush View Post
    Any game that fails in creating natural looking animation puts me off instantly I tried eso beta for couple hours and I was done. Doesn't feel natural. One of the reasons among many others I got hooked to aoc was the brilliant mocaps they did.
    I cant really grasp why Funcom havent used motion capture for TSW. That was a huge disappointment for me. Toons look like monkies while moving.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Agreed. I had to stop playing TSW myself, i just can't cope with the character design and combat animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    I cant really grasp why Funcom havent used motion capture for TSW. That was a huge disappointment for me. Toons look like monkies while moving.
    Yep, it really sucks how TSW was a major step BACK from AoC in terms of character models, face/body customization and animations, though it's obviously better looking when it comes to environments and texture size. I've heard an explanation though; apparently creating armor/clothing for AoC characters was a major pain, so they decided to make simpler, standarized models for TSW... sadly.

That said, people vastly exaggerate the issue. Most of the animations are actually pretty decent; the guns are pretty much as good as you can get in a MMO like TSW, magic seems to have been improved quite a lot, and most of the hammer/sword/fist/chaos builders do alternate between different animations.

The problem is the repetition of the same animations so many times, unlike in AoC where there's much more variation due to cooldowns etc. It doesn't help that many of the most used animations/effects are pretty bad AND don't loop through different animations, particularly aoe skills like Blade Torrent, the Assault Rifle aoe builder, and Escalation.

the motion cap is one of the reasons I love aoc so much. When your char is walking/running in other games, it is just like sliding. But in aoc you will feel you are really walking on ground, especially when you on a mount. All mounts in all other game are terrible sliding.
    GJ AOC
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Default aoc is the best for realy moveing

i have test eso and more mmo and i can write it : aoc have veri good moving for pvp and for pve aoc for me rest the best game atm and think i play it ever at last day! )

Default try eso?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Agreed. I had to stop playing TSW myself, i just can't cope with the character design and combat animations.
    hi m8 have try you play eso??
    if you try it you when jump is equal at fly and rest in combat or moving is realy ****,,,,,,,
    AOCs the best game guy

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    That said, people vastly exaggerate the issue. Most of the animations are actually pretty decent;
    Thats true of course. The game enviroment and hell even the character animations are way above standard. But as you have said ...you would expect an actual upgrade from the new cool game TSW surely is. Especially when they have basically removed any character physical appearance modifications during the creation process.
    ...I am using dual pistols and jumping while in combat stance just really looks sooo bad
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast