Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Conan Exiles Bonuses for Age of Conan

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    How did the forum feedback indicate that?
    Forum feedback clearly indicated the rune's effects were badly overpowered. Odonoptera claims feedback indicated the effects were in line with other, similar runes.
    Conclusion: The other similar runes must also be badly overpowered.

Question: How does Funcom intend to address these overpowered runes?

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Forum feedback clearly indicated the rune's effects were badly overpowered. Odonoptera claims feedback indicated the effects were in line with other, similar runes.

By leaving them as they are until some players get pissed off and leave and the rest suck it up and buy more power as usual

as long as ppl still buy this ****, nothing will happen. As long customers dont stop buying and playing, nothing happens. sadly funcoms seems to understand only this ultimate feedback at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Feedback gleaned from players both on the forums and in-game indicated the rune's effects were in line with other, similar power runes' effects over time. Thanks
    Two words here: Over time.

Over a lengthy bossfight, or a long series of cleave encounters? Sure, I'm sure it's in line with other similar power runes.

However the game features this thing called PvP. You might not be aware of it cause FC hasn't paid it any attention in years, but it's there, and in PvP burst is a big deal. This is a burst rune. Other runes aren't burst runes. In PvE I'm sure your metrics say it performs on par with others, but in PvP it's stupid.

By adding more powerful runes to the Item Shop.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    By adding more powerful runes to the Item Shop.
    Now don't give them ideas.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Or perhaps a rune that procs a more powerful item shop.

How do I link my account to the Exiles? I don't care about rune all that matters is my new savage vanity Rhino mount that I can use in a siege to single handily take battle keeps.
    Cropt - Conq : Drighten - DT : Raquelx - Necro : Shockubad - Tos
    Stabubad - Sin : Fatpom - Pom : Isoldethora - Rangernoez
    Burnthecross - Hox : Ragnarvor - Barb

Just a few quotes before I add mine:

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    please tell me that buff is 30 critical damage rating, not 30% critical damage bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    [...] Anyway , something like that is pure p2win
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    [...] But now seriously now, who came up with this abomination of a rune? Why don't you give people some pets or mounts or armour based on Exiles models? But I guess it fits the pattern: starting with Vanaheim, FC rewarded us for playing solo rather than multiplayer content. Now, they reward us for playing another game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Direwolfe View Post
    This buff needs to go and most definetely should not work in PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    If there are no negative pvp stats it will be extremely broken in pvp. [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyall View Post
    pay-to-win
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    obviously pay2win this time ! it's not even balanced for the 12 classes we have in game :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    [...] The rune itself is totally wrong. And it should of course not work in pvp.
    1098 critical damage rating buff... it's just gonna break necro/demo and sin/conq with their insane critchances. this is double the amount of crit damage given by the sins soul destruction feat for the bomb! so much crit damage on already high damage sources... in the downtime between skirmishes, the 25 sec internal cooldown will go off CD, out of hide guaranteed crit, and it's gonna be +30% crit damage to facestab or bomb every time

this has to be changed asap before people start buying it! just remove it... or, nerf it to the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by miksen View Post
    This is absolutely unacceptable in pvp. Gigantic exodus of pvp focused players will be imminent if it stays.

There is already a huge gap between new and veteran pvp players, this new rune will only further the gap, introducing pay to win mechanic as well. Can you simply imagine a complete newcomer in a minigame? It's horrendous already with full AA pvp 10 and pve gems etc. running around, add this rune and it's getting hilarious. [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    This rune will destroy not only PvP balance but PvE balance too, it will completely wreck it into the ground. Seriously, who thought that a +30% crit damage buff would be a good idea? The RF rings are already ridiculous in terms of critical hitrating and damage increasement. [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    Funcom, DON'T do it. DON'T make AoC pay to win. Just don't. Don't. You do it anyways? Ok, then max. 5%.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    You... what?
    Funcom's corruptness (or lack of understanding for the game) at its best
    What the actual f*ck?!

30% critical bonus damage by a paid rune?! Did anyone of the devs actually reflect about what this means for the game? This is one hell of an overpowered piece of junk that's messing up the game on both sides but especially on the PvP side. Lately I saw heavy and medium classes - including myself - getting fatalatized with like 5.000 to 6.000 health points left. I've seen clothies getting finished at around 75% of their health bar. It's so broken that I actually can't even imagine how anyone - and especially a developer - that has at least some kind of understanding of how the games works and how game mechanics relate to each other could even think of such an extreme buff could be a good idea!

This abomination of a rune - as Rathothis strikingly called it - has to be fixed immediately! 3% Crit damage at maximum - not 30%... Jeez!

Or add exp. boosts, add vanity stuff, add mounts and pets, add things that improve mobility between playfields, but DON'T mess with the game mechanics in such an extreme way!
    Last edited by Dengel; 5th March 2017 at 15:23.

The problem can easily be remedied. Just give players a chance to get 30% crit rune by playing game. For example for 5000 Achievements points or something else (but please not RF).
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo