Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ComboJump BUG

Quote Originally Posted by Blackyyy View Post
    They are/were both ok. And i don´t see the reason to bring up comboskipping since it was removed from the game a long time ago.

I agree with slackjoint, either learn it or live with it. It might never be fixed, and i hope it won´t.
    They will not fix anything anymore, they got enough work doing useless fixes in Conan Exiles.

Most people that have a problem with it are keyboard turners too stubborn to remap A & D as strafe and relearn how to move and actually do it. As stated above, it's a gameplay element that adds no real advantage unlike combo skipping that allowed you to cancel the combo at different intervals and still receive the full damage effect of the combo. This topic has been beaten to death in the past. If anything needs to be fixed it's the comber crap going on.

For the people claiming it requires "skill" to do the combojump just lol. It requires zero skill to click finisher and jump at the same time That's just hilarious. ahahaha

It is not a disadvantage to anyone really except classes that have a small hit box, like DT or Sin when facing an opponent that has larger hit box. A lot of people just macro it in so it takes even less effort. The "bunny hop" warrior takes a little away from the immersion of the game but it certainly doesn't break it or give too large of an advantage to anyone in my opinion.

I used to just macro it in because it was tedious with my setup to perform, even so i found it gave no real advantage and even messed me up in places like connals valley where the terrain is uneven and you end up jumping over a drop in elevation only to stagger yourself. It doesn't make you any harder to hit.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Unless it's an accelerated sin or barb with am up that can really create some distance with the jump, bunny hoppers are doing you a favor. They're basically TELLING you where they're going to be in the next fraction of a second when they land.
    Last edited by Direwolfe; 16th February 2017 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    I used to just macro it in because it was tedious with my setup to perform, even so i found it gave no real advantage and even messed me up in places like connals valley where the terrain is uneven and you end up jumping over a drop in elevation only to stagger yourself. It doesn't make you any harder to hit.

Since I'm restricted to Crom these awesome open world elements and terrain don't really matter unless it is the pvp event. I quit wow and went back to aoc. One shot macros are bad.
    Cropt - Conq : Drighten - DT : Raquelx - Necro : Shockubad - Tos
    Stabubad - Sin : Fatpom - Pom : Isoldethora - Rangernoez
    Burnthecross - Hox : Ragnarvor - Barb

That combojumping is easy to do is true, doing it well and effectively is a whole other matter though.

And about comboskipping makes harder to hit or not I guess that depends on your ping, with high ping and expecially combined with a speedbuff will make u teleport all over the place.

So the biggest exploit in AoC is having low ping imo...
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    That combojumping is easy to do is true, doing it well and effectively is a whole other matter though.

And about comboskipping makes harder to hit or not I guess that depends on your ping, with high ping and expecially combined with a speedbuff will make u teleport all over the place.

So the biggest exploit in AoC is having low ping imo...
    America strikes again.
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Quote Originally Posted by Direwolfe View Post
    Unless it's an accelerated sin or barb with am up that can really create some distance with the jump, bunny hoppers are doing you a favor. They're basically TELLING you where they're going to be in the next fraction of a second when they land.
    that may be the case with a badly timed combojump, but if you time it correctly you add movement to the animation. that makes it the opposite of what you claim it to be here.

I see many people focus so hard on combojumping they forget to maximize damage, so yeah.

but use it well (angle camera correctly + sprint diagonally, while hitting) and with some classes, and US ping... takes it a bit further!

I'm in the States so must be immune. :P

Except in the case of the super speedsters that I described I've always felt it was easier to hit jumpers. Especially in duels.
    I'm a constant jumper myself but that's more attributed to a.d.d. and caffeine!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12