Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Khitai Faction Recommendations

Default Khitai Faction Recommendations

For the benefit of new/returning HoXes, this is the combination of Khitai factions that most Heralds seem to pick. HoX veterans, post your own choices and reasoning.

Recommendations (bolded)

• Brittle Blade vs Shadows of Jade: BB has the most popular set of raid armor. Shadows have a regen-focused set of HoX armor and +fatality pet.
    • Hyrkanians vs Wolves of the Steppes: Hyrkanians have one of the best HoX swords in the game. Also, mounts. Wolves have wolf mounts/pets and a popular set of high-survivability Avatar armor.
    • Last Legion vs Scarlet Circle: Both factions have HoX-friendly capes, but LL's (magic oriented) is considered better, esp for raiding.
    • Children of Yag-kosha vs Yellow Priests of Yun: Children have a decent ring. Yellow Priests have a decent raid-DPS potion and good combat pet selection.
    • Tamarin's Tigers vs Scholars of Cheng-Ho: Tigers have a good necklace. Also, the tiger mounts/pets. Scholars have a less-popular Possession-focused HoX armor set.

FAQ:

Where do I join a faction? (check out maps showing some camps here)
    • Brittle Blade: southwest corner of Northern Grasslands[/URL]
    • Shadow of Jade: north central Northern Grasslands
    • Hyrkanians: northwest Northern Grasslands
    • Wolves of the Steppes: northeast Northern Grasslands
    • Last Legion: Pin-Pin (town in center of Northern Grasslands)
    • Scarlet Circle: Pin-Pin (town in center of Northern Grasslands)
    • Children of Yag-kosha: Chow (up the stairs just down the road from the entrance to Northern Grasslands)
    • Yellow Priests of Yun: Chow (up the stairs just down the road from the entrance to Northern Grasslands)
    • Tamarin's Tigers: Shaulun (town in central-east of Chosain Province, the zone to the right/east of Northern Grasslands)
    • Scholars of Cheng-Ho: (town in central-east of Chosain Province, the zone to the right/east of Northern Grasslands)
    Where can I see the faction gear online?

Where can I view and buy the faction gear in-game?

Is this faction gear "best-in-slot"?

Anything else to think about in choosing a faction?
    • Faction pets. See post below: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...56#post2038256
    • If RP/story/tone/immersion is a factor for you, know that Brittle Blade, Wolves of Steppes, Scarlet Circle, Yellow Priests of Yun, and Tamarin's Tigers tend to be markedly more dark, cruel, or crude than their counterparts. As a HoX, you should be right at home with the dark factions! ... but if not, keep all this in mind before choosing, as you will be attempting to earn their good graces by actively aiding their causes (and can even lose minor faction points by not choosing dialogue choices that they prefer). Some of the storylines are quite intense: cannibalism, preying on sick/simple, etc. (although you can ignore quests here and there and still reach Tier4 in a faction).
    Last edited by Prima; 3rd July 2013 at 19:25.

Why scarlet circle cape over the LL one?

Edit: isn't intel better than CR?
    Last edited by MisterClean; 14th March 2013 at 19:24.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Why scarlet circle cape over the LL one?

Edit: isn't intel better than CR?
    That is an excellent question. Your intelligence might not scale your BTD-dot further but it will still add to all your other spells most importantly HFB, TOX, Chains, Inferno and Flamelash.

The BEST HoX accessories are actually blues.

For PvE:

Rings: Dreamer's Keepsakes/Ring of Scalding
    Necklace: Lacunal Nexus or Mysterious Necklace
    Cape: Cloak of Wakening Nightmares

For PvP:

Rings: Highlord's Bands of Power/Coil of the Jiang-Shi/Death's Ward/Devourer's Ring of the Abyss
    Necklace: Highlord's Pendant of Shielding
    Back: Highlord's Cloak OR Wings of Salvation
    Last edited by Ruhenous; 11th May 2013 at 11:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    The BEST HoX accessories are actually blues.

For PvE:

Rings: Dreamer's Keepsakes
    Necklace: Lacunal Nexus or Mysterious Necklace
    Cape: Cloak of Wakening Nightmares

For PvP:

Rings: Highlord's Bands of Power
    Necklace: Highlord's Pendant of Shielding
    Back: Highlord's Cloak OR Wings of Salvation
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Though the T4 stuff is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Azanath1979 View Post
    That is an excellent question. Your intelligence might not scale your BTD-dot further but it will still add to all your other spells most importantly HFB, TOX, Chains, Inferno and Flamelash.
    I wasn't really going for anything from either, but if I had to, as an Avatar HoX without Chains/ToX, SC's cape seemed like it'd parse out on top, but it's totally possible I'm wrong. If most people go LL now, I'll change it in the OP to avoid confusion?
    Last edited by Prima; 14th March 2013 at 20:05.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    I wasn't really going for anything from either, but if I had to, as an Avatar HoX without Chains/ToX, SC's cape seemed like it'd parse out on top, but it's totally possible I'm wrong. If most people go LL now, I'll change it in the OP to avoid confusion?
    Intel will still probably parse higher. Plus intel is always in higher increments than strength, so you will get more critical bonus damage because of the Will of the Sublime AA.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Though the T4 stuff is pretty nice.
    Get out of here.^^ Just started raiding tier 4. Need more minus hate items so badly...

Quote Originally Posted by Azanath1979 View Post
    Get out of here.^^ Just started raiding tier 4. Need more minus hate items so badly...
    -hate for hox? totally overrated u've got 2 100% deaggro skills xD

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVernia View Post
    Intel will still probably parse higher. Plus intel is always in higher increments than strength, so you will get more critical bonus damage because of the Will of the Sublime AA.
    Logical! Updated.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast