Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: we need t5 cetriss NOW!!!

It is actually very much on topic if you read the last GD letter which stated;

''Obviously 4.2 has a lot of PvP focus and one of the things we discussed during our meetings was the key improvements we need to make to the game to ensure that we cater to all of our players. This means we have prioritized issues like class and gear balance and you will see more of these initiatives in the coming updates.''

I am saying that I don't agree with the order of these priorities. Right now this game needs a lot of things and in a perfect world Funcom could finish content like that in a month. Reality however is that the devtime can only be spend once and there is not a lot of it.

Saying I do not enjoy (most) pvp content does not mean I can't see how much it is needed. The majority of players are not exclusively PvE or PvP players and enjoy both, but many are leaving because their PvE ambitions can't be developed anymore with new and harder challenges. This eventually is also bad for PvP and I don't think people realize that. PvP and PvE are not opposite interests but can support each other.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 13th April 2014 at 17:41.

It's not lack of content or progressions. It's killing some gilds that aspire to beat everything new and have best possible gear. But let's be fair. Lot of people haven't clear T4, Lurker ir Erlik, and if they have best possible gear it's only because of Lost Dream farm (same with some pvpers and lvls 10 due to Borii). All post Khitai raids were aimed towards very thin group and we as a players made it even more elitist. And now where there is no more mid range guilds to cannibalize we all have to fall. It's circle of life.
    Some sooner, some later. But fall in the end. There was too much spilt blood in stupid flame fights.

New content, even if would come tomorrow, won't change here anything.

It was nice 6 years ride but time to let it go apparently.
    Last edited by bogus; 13th April 2014 at 18:19.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

halp

i farmed mc on all my alts now i'm bored!

if you cant wait for T5 then program it youreself ....

I do believe the last active players in aoc will be pvp'ers since you can pvp quite a lot without a sub (and because of the unpredictable nature of pvp).

Pve, not so much unless you love T1 and old world stuff (not counting unchained modes).

Oh well. It is what it is.
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 14th April 2014 at 00:33.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    All post Khitai raids were aimed towards very thin group and we as a players made it even more elitist. And now where there is no more mid range guilds to cannibalize we all have to fall
    You're absolutely right, this elitism constantly sucks the talent out of guilds not quite ready for T4... but mid range guilds are still plentiful and are doing quite well now, due in part to help from a few elite guilds... TFB pugging out a few T4 spots (excellent experience for myself) & a few wonderful people from Ronin providing invaluable help to us over at KUSH are a few examples...
    If more do the same, the aoc population will remain healthy for much longer
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    halp

i farmed mc on all my alts now i'm bored!
    Gz, bullsh1tting at its best, Tomhet never did MC farm runs, and his post regarding Palace of Cetriss is spot on.

Now back on topic,
    There hasnt been any content addition that brought any kind if "meaningful" progression since T4 was released.

Honestly Palace of Cetriss or any other real content (not some number tweaking illusional content like class balance tweaks, or world bosses) is not coming any time soon.
    Last edited by Redd; 14th April 2014 at 01:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    The PvP content, as much as I think the PvP community deserves it, can wait: there has been no serious PvP addition for 4 years. The dedicated PvPers that are still left won't leave anytime soon for lack of PvP content.
    WOW OMFG LOL WUT????

every usa pvp focused guild on both crom and fury and rage has left since new years

u bet any wait in pvp content will deplete in a very few months the pvpers on every server in no time

wow seriously?

game is dead because of pve this pve that. pvp content is more important then pve content bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    With the difference that mine is quite logical and yours contradicts itself.

No PvP content for 4 years: all pvpers that expect regular updates left. Those that are still here are here for what AoC is, not for what it can be. They will stay until the plug gets pulled.

Regular(?) PvE updates over the last 4 years: PvE'ers have gotten used to a regular, albeit declining, amount of new content. If that stops most of the PvE community will leave like the demanding PvPers did back then.

Another argument would be that PvP has replay value on itself: if you play against other people you will never have to do exactly the same.

Besides that, PvP is all available F2P. It would be reasonable to let the voices of the paying customers weigh heaviest when deciding where to allocate your resources.

I'm not saying the new PvP changes should be trashed. They sound awesome imo. I just think a new (harder) raidboss is more needed right now to keep Crom from becoming a wasteland like Fury.
    didnt u guys just get a bunch of unchained dungeons a couple weeks ago. ONE pvp patch is gonna kill the whole aoc? gimme a break, if so u got one hell of a loyal customer base FC, u should definately waste all your resources on them!

I have no idea what we are arguing about. PvP content is in development and most likely will be out for may. No silly pve doom and gloom thread is going to change the development schedule that was set in stone probablly months ago.

If someone going to quit because they "need t5 cetriss NOW!!!" then you might quit right now because it is not coming any time soon.

If this going to shake the very fundations of Hyboria and bring Funcom to it's financial knees then be it. We will still have this thread to reminds us that we have been warned by PVE sages as the last FC dev pulls the plug on last half-working AOC server crying himself to sleep with "they need t5 cetriss NOW!!!, truely they did..."
    Retired

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast