Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: best way to fix pve + pvp server

I myself have always played on Crom, so i've never encountered griefing and ganking, but the fact is that PvP in AoC is way too permissive.

The issue is not dying, which is irrelevant, the issue lies in the fact that the game allows really retarded people to unleash the worst aspect of their personnality on other players and ruin their gaming experience.

Just check most PvP'ers posting on those forums, they spit on new players and casuals like if it gave them some credibility or made them look better.
    Those people do not even comprehend how such behaviour is detrimental to the game as a whole and counter productive.

How can one expect such people to actually be just clever enough to see that griefing newbies is the best way to kill the future of their server.

Following this idea, Crom had been the most healthy server for ages because most people there were decent with new players, thus ensuring that those newbies would stick to the game a bit longer.

Some PvP'ers call cromies carebears, like if it was an insult.
    I really feel sorry for PvP'ers as a whole, but they ****ed their own servers up by their very own retarded behaviour, and i see no reason why Crom should be infected by it as a result.

Talking just for myself, i would like to be able to enjoy AoC for the time left without having to deal with weirdos, it's already annoying enough to read their offensive crap on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I myself have always played on Crom, so i've never encountered griefing and ganking, but the fact is that PvP in AoC is way too permissive.

The issue is not dying, which is irrelevant, the issue lies in the fact that the game allows really retarded people to unleash the worst aspect of their personnality on other players and ruin their gaming experience.

Just check most PvP'ers posting on those forums, they spit on new players and casuals like if it gave them some credibility or made them look better.
    Those people do not even comprehend how such behaviour is detrimental to the game as a whole and counter productive.

How can one expect such people to actually be just clever enough to see that griefing newbies is the best way to kill the future of their server.

Following this idea, Crom had been the most healthy server for ages because most people there were decent with new players, thus ensuring that those newbies would stick to the game a bit longer.

Some PvP'ers call cromies carebears, like if it was an insult.
    I really feel sorry for PvP'ers as a whole, but they ****ed their own servers up by their very own retarded behaviour, and i see no reason why Crom should be infected by it as a result.

Talking just for myself, i would like to be able to enjoy AoC for the time left without having to deal with weirdos, it's already annoying enough to read their offensive crap on forums.
    Most. Epic. Troll post... EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    Most. Epic. Troll post... EVER.
    LETS SEE>>>THIS IS FROM YOU ON ANOTHER POST. Proves his point about behavior and treatment of others and your opinion of Crom I think.

Pretty much this.

Most of the population on Crom are players who are either terrible at the game, or players who just log on for raids and disappear until the next one... or both.
    Last edited by sugarspice; 4th April 2014 at 08:13.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    Proves his point about behavior and treatment of others
    It was a flame post, Sugar, it didn't have a point.

and your opinion of Crom
    You've expressed similar sentiment in a post while discussing how difficult it is to get anyone in your hideous guild to do anything else but log on for raids:

I see folks that just won't log on unless we are running t4, no other loot or six man appeals to most folks in guild. (most have everything from all those anyway except those bypass toons mentioned) Getting folks to even show up for T3.5 is very difficult.
    Partially your opinion too, it seems.

I think.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    ohkay quote plz?

weirdos, it's already annoying enough to read their offensive crap on forums.
    quote it pal,i for myself have quoted bogus for his bogus on pvpers. tell me how we are weirdos, pvp is the most played game genre in mmos.
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 4th April 2014 at 09:34.

My POINT is we choose PVE for a reason, and some of the PVP'r attitude is part of that reason.
    It was a flame post, Sugar, it didn't have a point.

You've expressed similar sentiment in a post while discussing how difficult it is to get anyone in your hideous guild to do anything else but log on for raids:
    lol
    PVP events won't get my raiders to log on, but if open world comes to crom, PVP open world will cause most my raiders to never log on again. Crom players have not been exposed to pointless ganks, cheap shots, using NPC's to wipe your group when you have just pulled a bunch of NPC's, blocking entrance ways and farming folks on the rez pad and all the other little annoying things SOME PVP folks think are funny and good fun. I do know open world PVP can be fun for the folks who are killing everyone and I can see why you like it, but again my strong opinion is open world should only be allowed once a month on Crom in specific instances, no more than two zones. Part of what the hard core PVP folks think is that if more people were exposed to this rule set, more folks would pvp, I believe if more folks were forced into this rule set they just will quit logging on.
    Last edited by sugarspice; 4th April 2014 at 16:04.

AOC was my first MMO and I started this game on Tyranny. I played and stayed on the server because my friends were there. BUT my level 20 got ganked by roaming bands of 80's in wildlands, and in resource zones, while turning in quests, while mobs were attacking me and as I was almost done with my quest. I've been sent tells from 80 rangers that just tracked me from zone to zone because they thought it was funny killing a newb...it goes on and on the amount of crap that some will do in open world because they can and there is no consequences. I KNOW>>I know, all the hard core PVP'ers say so what..its PVP. I transferred to PVE because after a couple years I just didn't want to deal with that kinda crap anymore. MY TOS alone had over 1000 deaths from GANKERS before she even hit 80 and most of those were cheap shots from higher level players or roaming groups of asshats. To expect folks who left those servers to go back to those days is just beyond belief because my comments are just the tip of the iceberg on the behavior that was Tyranny. I know that's really the stuff that makes PVP'ers happy and that is why you have your own server and that is why PVE has its own server. If that kind of rule set comes to CROM..you will see players leave this game in droves.

A PVP event on the PVE server in just one or two zones for one week a month would be acceptable because a pure PVE player can just choose to not go to those zones for that week.
    Sad story, I mean this. But thats not the way players interact as usual where I played mmos since 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    Sad story, I mean this. But thats not the way players interact as usual where I played mmos since 1997.
    Maybe Tyranny was different from the other PVP servers in this game, but on Tyranny this kind of behavior was all the time and these are just a few examples, and not taking into consideration the global trash talk. Anything possible that could happen did happen, kill to death was important for some so farming lowbies on your 80 was common practice by tons of folks.

it goes on and on the amount of crap that some will do in open world because they can and there is no consequences.
    open world pvp doesnt work without a functional system, consequence system is part of it

My POINT is we choose PVE for a reason, and some of the PVP'r attitude is part of that reason.

PVP events won't get my raiders to log on, but if open world comes to crom, PVP open world will cause most my raiders to never log on again. Crom players have not been exposed to pointless ganks, cheap shots, using NPC's to wipe your group when you have just pulled a bunch of NPC's, blocking entrance ways and farming folks on the rez pad and all the other little annoying things SOME PVP folks think are funny and good fun. I do know open world PVP can be fun for the folks who are killing everyone and I can see why you like it, but again my strong opinion is open world should only be allowed once a month on Crom in specific instances, no more than two zones. Part of what the hard core PVP folks think is that if more people were exposed to this rule set, more folks would pvp, I believe if more folks were forced into this rule set they just will quit logging on.
    So much QQ... so little bandwidth...

Edit: TBH, merging all the servers under a PvP rule-set would be so awesome, all the PvE'ers wouldn't be able to talk sh!t or flame global without getting their raids ganked.
    Last edited by -Syd-; 5th April 2014 at 10:50.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast