Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: best way to fix pve + pvp server

Default best way to fix pve + pvp server

Take crom, as an example, and make one random zone pvp enabled each week. That means only one non-siege zone is pvp enabled the whole month.

Pvers would have 95% of the current server as pve, and pvpers wouldh have an active pvp zone. Maximun pop 24/7.

Many ways to go around pvp zone:

1. Go to another zone

2. Go to another instance of the zone

3. Get friends or guild to participate in open pvp zone

4. Play another char or even wait until the pvp is a different zone, max of a week

Pvers lost one zone, out of the many, a week, but still have 95% of the game as pvp free.

This is the best way to put everyone together and maximize gameplay of all types.

Pvpers lose all zones being pvp, but still have an active pvp zone.

Max pop and activity 24/7, evrybody wins.
    Last edited by Loaf-of-Evil; 3rd April 2014 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Take crom, as an example, and make one random zone pvp enabled each week. That means only one non-siege zone is pvp enabled the whole month.

Pvers would have 95% of the current server as pve, and pvpers wouldh have an active pvp zone. Maximun pop 24/7.

Many ways to go around pvp zone:

1. Go to another zone

2. Go to another instance of the zone

3. Get friends or guild to participate in open pvp zone

4. Play another char or even wait until the pvp is a different zone, max of a week

Pvers lost one zone, out of the many, a week, but still have 95% of the game as pvp free.

Pvpers lose all zones being pvp, but still have an active pvp zone.

Max pop and activity 24/7, evrybody wins.
    heh i really dont know. to put it bluntly, i couldnt play on this kind of server.

for me it would go: white sands, ach ruins, underhalls, conalls, wild lands, field of the dead, noble, egg mts, kesh and khitai

but in all seriousness? id like that there be no pve instance, hub cities included. hub cities would simply have plenty of guards and very harsh murder consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    heh i really dont know. to put it bluntly, i couldnt play on this kind of server.

for me it would go: white sands, ach ruins, underhalls, conalls, wild lands, field of the dead, noble, egg mts, kesh and khitai

but in all seriousness? id like that there be no pve instance, hub cities included. hub cities would simply have plenty of guards and very harsh murder consequences.
    My idea is that everyone gives up a little, to get max pop 24/7.

There will still be sieges, minis, and an open pvp zone, plus you can quest 95% of the world gank free.

This is the best way to put everyone together and maximize gameplay of all types.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    My idea is that everyone gives up a little, to get max pop 24/7.

There will still be sieges, minis, and an open pvp zone, plus you can quest 95% of the world gank free.

max pop for how long? i just dont think this is sustainable

I hope sooner or later both servers get merged into one with a middle ground for both pvers and pvpers.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    middle ground
    middle ground = compromise

compromise=a part of what it could be

a part of what it could be= fails on a competitive mmo market

REALLY not the way to go imo

a bit like high ping affecting the sixe of the russian pvp player base: they got more players to play with but had to secrifice performance. the result was that most of them left even tho they made a huge part of the actual player base.

max pop for how long? i just dont think this is sustainable

Swallow our pride, and give up a little to keep aoc going, or shut it down.

Easy choice.

invest resources on promo

or

invest resources on gimping both pve and pvp playstyles knowing its spelling the end of aoc on the long run
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 3rd April 2014 at 17:26.

invest resources on gimping both pve and pvp playstyles
    I will disagree on that because as far as I can tell people from fury will benefit since there are many people who will like to be able to find groups in a matter of minutes for any pve instance and there are are many people on crom who will benefit from pvp activities since you can tell that there is a nice interest in pvp by minis poping all day long.

But on promotion I will agree that they need to invest resources no matter what route they will follow.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    I will disagree on that because as far as I can tell people from fury will benefit since there are many people who will like to be able to find groups in a matter of minutes for any pve instance and there are are many people on crom who will benefit from pvp activities since you can tell that there is a nice interest in pvp by minis poping all day long.

But on promotion I will agree that they need to invest resources no matter what route they will follow.
    meh i checked yesterday crom vs fury minis at 2 different times of the day, more minis were popping on fury. and doing worst then fury, without open world pvp with the size of Crom population, thats pretty sad. come cetriss, Crom will be all about that new raid, all the same u will have 2 small pvp sommunities spread out on 2 different servers, i really dont see it.

edit* more minis right now on fury then crom as well

therefore, come new raid, pvp will not be the main interest: not something i want to be a part of, 1 week of sparse controlled pvp
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 3rd April 2014 at 18:00.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast