Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New characters vs. Old characters

I recently levelled a character and selected weapon damage as a destiny quest reward, I am 95% sure it was 1% weapon damage.

Yea destiny quest buff does play into it. The diff between new and old is only noticeable if you actually look for it. Bolas is right in regards to movement speeds. My 2008 toons, some do differ vs newer.

Never thought it was a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    I've heard about 3 aggrodiffrences between tanks.

1: Female vs Male (Diffrent timings on combofinishers, got fixed.)

2: Tanks irritates bugging out after 1.5(?) patch, which made tanks created after that patch more powerfull (Fixed)

3: Tanks created within the first year being abit worse than newer tanks aggrowise (No clue if fixed or not).
    3: you playing corteez' guard and the aggro was higher with less gear, that's not just a bit worse

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    my Natural health regen just disaperes from time to time..
    This happens to me also.

So if I get this correctly then all of you are just saying that it is because of the destiny quest choices. I thought those only made a marginal difference...

From what people tell me the difference is quite huge.

Full T4/Full AA old char Vs. Khitai(blues sometimes)/T3 and the aggro is the same or even slightly better on new characters.

Nobody answered my original question however: is there any data/evidence to prove this? Delred says protection is the same on his new DT with less AA but that is a bit unlikely I think.

Did anyone perhaps do some testing?

I agree about destiny quest choices and I'm pretty sure most of us made a mistake on their first character having no idea about the game back then. As Tura said it really makes a noticeable difference, so would be nice if FC can reset it so we can chose rewards again somehow.

Although I have't noteaced any really aggro issues on my guard, sometimes I have really strange bug where my guard takes a lot more physical damage then it is supposed to despite being full T4/AA... Like there is an armor bug or something? A friend of mine had the same experience on his guard.

Apparently (although not confirmed) the fix for that is to go out and take off all of your weapons and armor and re enter the instance.
    Last edited by Redd; 3rd November 2013 at 12:51.

I choosed stamina regen...I'm sad now.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    I agree about destiny quest choices and I'm pretty sure most of us made a mistake on their first character having no idea about the game back then. As Tura said it really makes a noticeable difference, so would be nice if FC can reset it so we can chose rewards again somehow.

Although I have't noteaced any really aggro issues on my guard, sometimes I have really strange bug where my guard takes a lot more physical damage then it is supposed to despite being full T4/AA... Like there is an armor bug or something? A friend of mine had the same experience on his guard.

Apparently (although not confirmed) the fix for that is to go out and take off all of your weapons and armor and re enter the instance.
    That's a guardbug I think, re-entering area, or full relogs fix this indeed. Stupid thing is that your armor does show correctly..

Hmm Am old player all my chars created at release. wondering i should
    come back. but not sure what you all are talking about? have dyslexia
    so abit hard for me. if somone could explain this abit more detail
    or more easy.

Thanks
    No Guts No Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Although I have't noteaced any really aggro issues on my guard.
    Have you got a 2nd new guard?

I dunno, I heard about this long time ago, so now when I got the chance to try it (with corteez guard), It really felt like that guardians aggrotools reacted better, BUT! I do suspect it was Placebo, too much factors is in action cant tell after just one run :P
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast