Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: End pug-only minis now and forever!

I hate other peoples kids, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    I hate other peoples kids, I really do.
    This is not the right place to have this discussion. Like tomhet, you need to go vent your rage elsewhere.

It's fun to see you call other people trolls though
    Last edited by kalston; 15th June 2014 at 06:20.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    for years they have been poluting forum with claims that shrines of bori is good content, pug minigames are a necessity, pvp power gear is a must else they will unsub.

you honestly and wholeheartedly disgust me you can keep your bori and pug minigames and your pvp power progression gear all that radioactive trash and eat it.

you and your friends love it so much eat it.
    When people whine about the "immense" gear gap, some people try to nuance it because they believe it's blown out of proportions. And these people get labled as power gear lovers...

When people whine about Bori it's usually because they care too mucch about XP and rewards. It's normal that players, who couldn't care less about XP and simply enjoy the fights they often had there, have an other opinion.

As for PuG minis. I remember Fury when it was premades vs PuGs. If you were in a small guild or a social PvE guild you could spend evennings signing up for premades and surprisingly not get farmed... because players would leave before the game even started. Awesome fun.
    Signing with 2 or 3 is a diffrent story and everyone agrees on it. It leaves more room for noobs / casuals / begginers, solo players or in not efficience driven guilds, than premade vs pug. Because yes... good players tend to stack up in the same few guilds.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    When people whine about the "immense" gear gap, some people try to nuance it because they believe it's blown out of proportions. And these people get labled as power gear lovers...

When people whine about Bori it's usually because they care too mucch about XP and rewards. It's normal that players, who couldn't care less about XP and simply enjoy the fights they often had there, have an other opinion.

As for PuG minis. I remember Fury when it was premades vs PuGs. If you were in a small guild or a social PvE guild you could spend evennings signing up for premades and surprisingly not get farmed... because players would leave before the game even started. Awesome fun.
    Signing with 2 or 3 is a diffrent story and everyone agrees on it. It leaves more room for noobs / casuals / begginers, solo players or in not efficience driven guilds, than premade vs pug. Because yes... good players tend to stack up in the same few guilds.
    Totally agree...
    Doomsayer 2008

Morphs had asked me to post this for him, so here it goes.

As it stands right now, there should not be a group sign-up for pug mini's, this would result in pug stomping and create nothing but head aches for the players who are casual and just want to jump in to a game and play for fun. There needs to be a fine line for people to play with their guild mates or their friends in mini's without having to sign up as a premade. The solution to that is allowing for players to sign up with a single friend only. This would not break pug mini's, simply because there would be a vast majority of pairs of 2 in the mini game to allow for better team work and organized play, all the while getting to play with their friends.

As for gear progression, I believe some gear should always exist, not because "I" myself believe gear is a good thing, because I personally come from games where skill is the only factor that matters and gear is just a way for another bad player to be carried, but because I know in MMO's, a vast majority of the players enjoy progression and like the aspect of gear. So to keep these players to sign up for mini-games, there needs to be a carrot at the end of the stick.

I do however, believe that the gear grind is too much and needs to be reduced by 50% and PVP levels need to be removed completely. What good is being PVP level 8 with 60 mini game tokens when you can't even purchase the gear? The token system needs a revamp based on how much a person plays and how effective they're at winning in the game. The more you win, the more tokens you are granted to purchase the gear you want. AA is already a huge grind in itself, people should not also be hindered by gear. This obviously needs a change and it should be done along side with class balance and the mini-game ELO system that is being implemented.

There are countless players that actually believe they're decent or above average at this game, purely because of their AA and gear and as I progress my toons I see myself dominating them more and more each day. I can't even imagine how easy this game is going to get when I hit pvp 10. I have been critting players at pvp 8 and half AA for 4k+ on their PVP 10 toons. What kind of damage will I be doing at PVP 10? It seems to be absurd that gear and AA means that much and it requires SO much time and effort that is CAPPED deliberately by Funcom to keep us at a steady pace for months on end.

I would like to roll multiple toons and play them over the course of 2 years as opposed to just one toon. Being able to swap out effective classes in PVP is always a good thing and keeps the game refreshed.

As for Synnove saying he enjoys Bori... If that is true, you have some issues. The Bori system needs to be wiped from the game completely, it's beyond broken and it's for PVE players who never want to touch PVP. That's what PVE content is for, it needs removal.

I think this thread has gone on too long. It has deteriorated into a flamefest and is closed.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617