Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choosing The class - tank

There are times you might feel jealousy for what DTs can do, but then again a retarded monkey at the keyboard can achieve most of these things with a DT. A good DT still stands out, but the rest are usually trash carried by a broken class.

Guard and Conq are genuinely fun classes to play, I just feel Guard is from a different era and its damage is too low. It's a one trick pony for being tough and sadly that's all it does.

I will stay conq. Can I use this guide is it current?
    https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...ow-to-PVE-CONQ ?

maybe you can offer something more current?
    Last edited by M3xes; 28th December 2017 at 09:47.

That's a great guide, somewhere in there I post my thoughts but it is very solid 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    There are times you might feel jealousy for what DTs can do, but then again a retarded monkey at the keyboard can achieve most of these things with a DT. A good DT still stands out, but the rest are usually trash carried by a broken class.

Guard and Conq are genuinely fun classes to play, I just feel Guard is from a different era and its damage is too low. It's a one trick pony for being tough and sadly that's all it does.
    That's exactly what I think about DTs, you can play this class with 3 combos max (and 2 instant spells). And there are still people out there who think DT is balanced.

Guard and Conq are a whole lot more fun, @M3xes stay with your Conq, all classes are playable and completely viable it's just fact that DT is a broken-ass overpowered class that can gain the upper hand in a lot of cases simply because of insane lucky crits without taking into account the actual skill of the player.

Sometimes I really miss the good old pre-VoM days. Since VoM, DT has become less fun to play (on the PVE side of things). Not that the class was in a great state back then – hell, most ppl didn't even consider DT as a main tank class and would look upon you with suspicion if there was no guard in the group. You really had to be skilled and work your ass in order to compete with guards – but once mastered... aaah, joy. ****, I'm getting sentimental.

The only drawback with conqs is the gear needed. Physical tanking is fine with average gear, prot tanking requires a lot of gear (and its best done in carnage). On the plus side if you're in groups that out gear you and you can't contribute as a tank you can do really high DPS in DPS spec even in blue gear.

Sadly with how overpowered the gear got at the top end of t6, conqs are now capable of doing the same OP things DTs can but I don't really recommend it, brute is the way to go for the fun of the playstyle.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

I think I can summarize everything

guarda is not interested for me. thanks for the description about him.

DT is easy class to play and at the beginning 80lv does not require special gear and skill for dps or tank. so it does not require that much time. Perfect on pvp after mastering the sword's distance <-> opponent. on end game does not have complicated rotation and has no fun from play. DT is the largest dps even on the basic gear from warriors class And he dont a resurrection?

Conq. Hard to control, difficult rotation. It takes a lot of time to collect the gear without it does not count - tank. good dps on basic equipment. pleasant on pvp. he has a resurrection. after mastering the game is fun.
    Last edited by M3xes; 29th December 2017 at 11:03.

Quote Originally Posted by M3xes View Post
    I think I can summarize everything

DT is easy class to play and at the beginning does not require special gear and skill for dps or tank. so it does not require that much time.
    Works well on pvp after mastering the sword's distance <-> opponent. on end game does not have complicated rotation and has no fun from play. DT is the largest dps even on the basic gear. he have a resurrection?

You are a bit wrong there ,dt is totally gear dependent and until you get to that point that you have enough gear you will suck ,especially as an inexperienced player.
    Sinqq - Elitist QQer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12