Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: More hate decrease for hox?

Default More hate decrease for hox?

Well Hox is a great class and the damage isnt that bad though but what me rly bothers is that the hox doesnt have much hate decrease.

I can go to the general tree and specc the average hate decrease things but im loosing that way with avatar specc something between 50-100dps doesnt sound much but well hox doesnt have that much dps anyway - not bad but also not that good^^

If i loose 200+dps with my sin on hate decrease specc who cares the sin does enough damage.

Would it be such a problem to give the hox 5-10% hate decrease on avatar forms? or some opportunity to cover the bursts with some hate devrease? Because the burst spikes are sometime just crazy.

against good tanks you wont do enough to get aggro but often in raids and instances the tanks cant go full aggro or dont have the equipement/experience

I think its kinda unfair sin have countless hate decrease to go crazy even with not that good tanks - and i dont think die and rezz up is a good solution for hox^^

What do you think? sry for my bad english^^

There was a suggestion on test live ages ago that I really liked. It was to remove the self-res aspect of Red Shadows of Xotli and replace it with some hate decrease when transformed, to make Undying Glory of Xotli baseline with a 30 minute cooldown, and make the feat in Possession reduce that cooldown to 5 minutes.

Anyhow, aggro really becomes a nightmare as a hox once you get the t5 bonus and the extra magic damage from the t6 set. Ordinary pug tanks in less than full t4 can rarely keep aggro of you, and you even have to be careful with properly geared tanks in many situations. It's especially annoying in old content where the mage hate dump doesn't even work, i.e. more than half of the raid time trials in the game.

well the only way would be then to specc on hate decrease

hox is so much fun but as a burst class there must be some hate decrease

the only thing is to hope that there would be some deff who fall in love with the hox and will make them to that what the class deserve^^

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Hox has self rez's, that's your agro dump.
    Spending 5 seconds on a self-res being useless is not really viable when you're in a time trial and master requires you to kill the boss in 50 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Spending 5 seconds on a self-res being useless is not really viable when you're in a time trial and master requires you to kill the boss in 50 seconds.
    Well.. If you are doing time trials, 50 seconds that must be a raid boss.. Im 10000% sure a hox will not overaggro on such encounter.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Well.. If you are doing time trials, 50 seconds that must be a raid boss.. Im 10000% sure a hox will not overaggro on such encounter.
    Your guild's hoxes must not play their class to its potential then.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Your guild's hoxes must not play their class to its potential then.
    Surely it doesnt outdps a pom with holy clensing and two pet necros, am I wrong?
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

I think the threadmakers point is abit upside down to begin with, a hox doing good damage should take aggro from a "bad" tank, whatever reason bad is. A good hox rarely take aggro from a good tank. And I think we can all agree on, that even tho sins have more minus hate, its more often sins that die from aggro than hoxes.
    Last edited by magnum92; 5th April 2016 at 20:04.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Surely it doesnt outdps a pom with holy clensing and two pet necros, am I wrong?
    Poms frequently grab aggro during some trials as well, but they can usually handle it with a quick bubble and, eventually soul.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast