Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyclone to weak

Default Cyclone to weak

The snare is to weak on the cyclone for being a END feat. Joke, must change it. I keep using it and hope that someday it may work.

it works fine and its quiet well balanced now i fail to see the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    Cyclone spell is not too week, as maybe a mid-feat spell. As an end feat spell it is no where close to Aura, Bubble, and Puppets. Not a bad spell, but I do agree for an end feat it is kinda of a waste and I use LS specs a good amount of the time.

Cyclone produces a small chance of slow, hits for about 100-200 per tick (debuffed more), and the best part is that it increases the chance of the sparks spell (quick cast) by a decent amount. By itself the spell pretty much sucks, but with a very specific situation - applying debuffs, cyclone and then rotation for LS its decent.

The cyclone spell has never really been a good ability, just slightly changed over time.

Please tell me what you think works fine. Well balanced? It have many elements in itself but its to complicated. Lightning tree is designed for pvp and the cyclone as a endfeat must deliver some fear around. Hinder movement at 6 sek is fine but the snare is damn weak. If i put the thing up on bridge in jhebbal i see players run just through. Or is it the barbs and sins imune to -hinder movement?

Quote Originally Posted by poke101 View Post
    Please tell me what you think works fine. Well balanced? It have many elements in itself but its to complicated. Lightning tree is designed for pvp and the cyclone as a endfeat must deliver some fear around. Hinder movement at 6 sek is fine but the snare is damn weak. If i put the thing up on bridge in jhebbal i see players run just through. Or is it the barbs and sins imune to -hinder movement?
    Lightning tree is designed for pvp?? where did you get this information from? both trees are made for both pve and pvp. As for the snares with the amount of speed buffs, snare immunity and cc immunity ability's its not really surprising same for snare on the silence spell most of the time people have immunity to it already there is so many snares in game. i personally only use lightning tree for pve its to boring and not team focused for pvp, play a demo if you want to pew pew lighting strike from the back tos need to be up front healing.

Lightning tree is designed for pvp?? where did you get this information from? both trees are made for both pve and pvp. As for the snares with the amount of speed buffs, snare immunity and cc immunity ability's its not really surprising same for snare on the silence spell most of the time people have immunity to it already there is so many snares in game. i personally only use lightning tree for pve its to boring and not team focused for pvp, play a demo if you want to pew pew lighting strike from the back tos need to be up front healing.
    From my experience, its not the spec with ToS that helps the team more or less and heals better or worse but the play-style of the player. I have seen LS spec ToS that do much better with helping a team than AOE spec... simply due to them knowing what they are doing and when to push. LS spec is really good for pvp due to brain spasms, fangs, and puppets. CC and anti cc is very useful for the ToS and team; I understand you can also get fangs in a AOE build... I wouldn't due to how unreliable it is becoming; partly due to people noticing it and having higher hit chance.

If all you do is sit in the back with an LS spec and just use LS you are wrong lol. There is way more to the spec than that... just like saying in AOE to use SF and chase the other team. Are you going to be in the back sometimes, well yes, and from the back you can provide a lot more cc control for the team. Once again its the player to be able to pay attention, position and help the team.

At last some brain here.

From update 3.8.8
    "The Thunder tree is strongly oriented towards AoE damage and healing, the play style of a Tempest of Set specialized in Thunder should not be affected dramatically with these changes. However, several core feats supporting this play style were moved over from the Lightning tree and others tweaked, all with the goal of improving the gameplay experience by making the class more mobile and engaging.

The Lightning tree is oriented towards a support dps-healer role and/or pvp play. This tree focuses more on range and burst damage with the Spark Storm effect as one of the core mechanics. The Spark Storm effect reduces the casting and channeling time of the ranged single target spell Lightning Sparks. The tree provides unique crowd control utilities like Cyclone of Set, Fangs of Set, Brain Spasms and Puppets of Set, furthermore it offers the Tempest and their allies new armor and spell penetration buffs like Force of Lightning and Lightning Storm Nimbus."

Storm Nimbus buff is very usefull for team aswell.

Descriptions from the failrevamp aren't very reliable source, I guess. Especially on the part when they qualify Spark Storm effect as a "burst".
    On the thread, no, it don't do much damage, but it does not mean it is weak. It does 3 effects while being a pet. And i don't remember the cd but i'm pretty sure it's less than Aura or Bubble. So if you expect a change to this, try to suggest to trade-off something to buff an other ability : i.e snare can be better but damage-component is removed, or better damage, but no spark storm effect or ask for a serious cd increase to have better stats on it.

But saying "Cyclone too weak" and not suggesting anything may have no effect on the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Descriptions from the failrevamp aren't very reliable source, I guess. Especially on the part when they qualify Spark Storm effect as a "burst".
    On the thread, no, it don't do much damage, but it does not mean it is weak. It does 3 effects while being a pet. And i don't remember the cd but i'm pretty sure it's less than Aura or Bubble. So if you expect a change to this, try to suggest to trade-off something to buff an other ability : i.e snare can be better but damage-component is removed, or better damage, but no spark storm effect or ask for a serious cd increase to have better stats on it.

But saying "Cyclone too weak" and not suggesting anything may have no effect on the devs.
    If devs took away the damage from the cyclone, extended the radius of the "slow" effect (not the chance) and increase the chance of sparks by a good amount. Other suggestion is to remove the damage, increase the slow chance a little and 100% chance of sparks. I am much more toward the 100% chance of sparks... and remember this is an end feat.

My decision about the damage was based on the LS spec, since I have seen no one using it with SF. When you use the cyclone, the damage even on a debuffed target, is so minor and has no real impact. The most it could do (while using sparks debuff and ToS normal debuff) is to negate a heal (with the ticks of damage).

When you use the cyclone you almost always either use it to slow a target or chance of sparks. Think of this ability right now of having 3 minor abilities.... I rather see 2 decent to good abilities instead. All this would change is for a better spell utility (to sparks) and if used right can make the LS game play better. The 100% chance for sparks would make the ability actually good (better than it is now) and would be the best change IMO.

I want to mention that the spark effect (reduced tick time) under most or all cases will not activate the proc unless you hit the target with LS, or the other spells that can proc the ability as well (cant remember off the top of my head). So with the 100% it would actually proc the ability when cyclone affects another player and change the use of sparks in a much better way. Instead of landing cyclone and then hitting the target with spells "hoping" it will proc; the proc will be immediate and then become "dependable". All the other 3 end feats are 100% dependable... AURA will always work, Bubble will always work (when used in the absence of a combat animation that will hit no matter what) and Puppets will always work (the spell will always cast... may not stun due to current immunities).

The other 3 end feats are cast to get the desired effect. Cyclone is a spell that when cast has a small CHANCE of getting 2-3 effects.
    Last edited by Mjames215; 28th September 2014 at 23:27.

I feel that the devs at the time makes a good spell but dident give it strong enough stats. First of then you see a cyclon you must no that if you enter there will be some trouble for 6 sek. as it is now the penalty for going in is to laughable. Cobra, quicksand, brain spasm, fangs are good Tools and suits the playstyle but You would want a better bubble at the end that gives you the same time as a pom to live a Little longer against sins. POMs are imune to dull pain also. My suggestion is 100% spark storm as that is the core thing one route you go all the way up to the cyclon. I would love better chances to snare up this sins that have to big advantage on you then you dont have staggering voice and 3sek bigbubble. Remember that they have LO and Dull pain against you. That is the main thing with LS build you have crappy defense against sins, no bubble and no staggering voice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast