Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting 30-40 min really ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthor View Post
    Crom desperatly needs to get a pvp instance in the pit arena. It is overflowing with pet fighters. Its really boring to watch. I like to watch pvp duels and its not a problem to wait for your turn, but watching pve duels is really killing me atm
    Well it is a PVE server? And I could say watching pvp duels is killing me atm
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    Well it is a PVE server? And I could say watching pvp duels is killing me atm
    Does that mean you're on the same page? Since a pvp instance would save both your lifes? Haha
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Does that mean you're on the same page? Since a pvp instance would save both your lifes? Haha
    I would say that's the same meaning.

1. Pvper dislikes to watch pvers. Want seperate instances to avoid watching pve.
    2. Pver dislikes to watch pvpers. Want seperate instances to avoid watching pvp.

Just because the server got a pve tag on it doesnt mean it's only allowed for pve activities.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Well, I'm a PvE'er and I don't want to watch random PvE'ers fight in the arena either (or PvP either for that matter).
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

This whole Arena add-on wouldn't even be an issue if we weren't all starving for content. We're tearing into a scrap bone trying to find the gristle.

I figure I will chime in too. I'm a pver who doesn't mind watching both PvP and PvE fights. Though it is easy for all instances to fill up to uncomfortable levels in the Main Arena. The idea of multiple arenas in the same instance is great, but unlikely due to there being no space. That would require a major change to the zone. They would be better off stealing an outdoor playfield and dropping in some big circle like arenas next to each other, like in the last outdoor instance of Vanaheim with that pit arena. But that too would take more work than they likely would want to spend.

Another problem with a shared queue is the potential lockout. For pve you can grind for yourself and it is in worst case long waiting times. In pvp you need to keep at least 2 people in the instance motivated to fight. This works maybe for one fight, but since human attention span varies, it is unlikely to stay for more (at current settings on crom)...especially when one side is significantly stronger and in worst case socially challenged. In PvP you can not script the fights like in pve, you need to take player control, consent and motivation into account, else a group of strong farming handholders can take over the whole content easily. Here you could have the lower ranks in private instances like Khemi and Kheshatta as well or in smaller superviseable side arenas.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 20th April 2016 at 06:15.

So, will Funcom reply in any form? Or will this content stay like it is even though there are so many complaints?
    Or will it be like Vanaheim? As I read from CM letters it was a huge success and everyone was happy...

I'm not sure why we have to be in the arena at all while we wait. Why wasn't it implemented that we just queue up for it just like we do for PvP mini-games?
    Aldryc - Demo, Alremyr - PoM, Almyra - ToS, Almyr - Necro, Almuryc - Guard

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    So, will Funcom reply in any form? Or will this content stay like it is even though there are so many complaints?
    Or will it be like Vanaheim? As I read from CM letters it was a huge success and everyone was happy...
    Im not sure what u expect from funcom at this stage, all their important decisions are taken by their management and that has nothing to do with you petty customers, unless you have a direct talk with the only shared tsw developper dropping some of their spare time for aoc.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast