Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting 30-40 min really ?

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    When you've exhausted all your epics pets, you just farm a legendary until you're done, yep (first kill on epic pet gives more than 2nd+ kill of legendary, but I doubt anyone has enough pets to not kill duplicates).
    @ Rank3

Purple -- 1st Kill 16,666. Each additional kill 4166 (or something close to that)
    Gold/legenday -- 1st kill ~32K (someone can post exact number), each additional kill 7812

Which is why most arena fights are black dragons. every now and then you see magma dragon or other legendary, but its usually black dragon.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

So, is there anything FC is gonna say to this? Or will this waiting stay as a feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    When you've exhausted all your epics pets, you just farm a legendary until you're done, yep (first kill on epic pet gives more than 2nd+ kill of legendary, but I doubt anyone has enough pets to not kill duplicates).
    That's lame.

Luckily I had 60+ pets on my main and I'm stuck killing the same pet over and over partway into being rank 3, I can't imagine how brutal it is to level up the faction if you only have a handful of pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    That's lame.

Luckily I had 60+ pets on my main and I'm stuck killing the same pet over and over partway into being rank 3, I can't imagine how brutal it is to level up the faction if you only have a handful of pets.
    Yep it is a totally lame grind if you do it with only a few pets. Most people who have many pets on their main character don't need the necklace anyways since these players have better ones already / or almost similar items that make the grind not necessary, but if you want the necklace for a character (that is not your main character) that could actually need it you will be farming the same pet for around 200 kills until you reach rank 4.
    And then comes the wait issue... waiting around 30 Minutes for each fight. Good luck for the next 4 years... you could easily get a T4 necklace (or maybe even T5) on these characters.
    Last edited by xCodename; 19th April 2016 at 15:26.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Yep it is a totally lame grind if you do it with only a few pets. Most people who have many pets on their main character don't need the necklace anyways since these players have better ones already / or almost similar items that make the grind not necessary, but if you want the necklace for a character (that is not your main character) that could actually need it you will be farming the same pet for around 200 kills until you reach rank 4.
    And then comes the wait issue... waiting around 30 Minutes for each fight. Good luck for the next 4 years... you could easily get a T4 necklace (or maybe even T5) on these characters.
    Least they can do is to include all the pets in the fights. Most that you can buy from shop (chests) and ingame vendors are not even fightable. Yes, they can have a 50s to 1g tradeoff (ONCE!), so what?

Then reduce the waiting times by making rank 0-2 grind private and offer two seperate instances for pve and pvp (gladiator and sparring as now).

Thirdly let people fight all the pets still, even when past rank 2.

Without these changes the content fails already from the start. There might be other solutions to the second part, but the reduction of waiting time is imperative.

I was very excited for this update, it is a good idea, but didn't hit live servers with enough thought to give it a fighting chance.

A) I was under impression 3 arenas per instance. 1 Main large arena for pvp/legendary pets 2 small arenas 1 for nubcake pets other for nubcake pvp.

B) Gold rewards are really nice. Initial Faction rewards are very nice. Secondary Faction rewards send the message to me they want me to grind here a very VERY long time. I want to play arena because its fun, not because I must spend countless hours grinding. Make 2nd kill 50% of initial faction. Not 25% ish.

C) The wait times would not be so bad if ALL content mention would have been included. The problem is not the wait time til your fights....it's that you gave us NOTHING AT ALL to do while we wait. You mention betting on pvp or pet fights for starters.
    Give us things to do while we wait to distract us and this would have been much more enjoyable.

D)The actual ITEM rewards from the vendors are well done I thought overall....but I really wish you would have included some vanity items like with Vanaheim.

Z)I hope there are plans to incorporate more pets into the arena. As it stands I have about 15% of my pets I can't even fight. (including one I bought from store (rabbit) which really ticked me off)

X)Also a list of pets that are combatable in the achievement tab would be nice with some fancy title or cape or something if you manage to fight ALL PETS you possibly can.

I believe this content is a step in better direction, but Funcom still needs to take the broader picture into view.

Moar pets? good!
    Fight pets? good!
    Stand single file line with nothing to do while you wait 15-45 minutes? BAD! (single file optional at least)
    Last edited by Thunderclese; 19th April 2016 at 17:16.

The easiest way to reduce the wait time in PvE arena would be to make it seperate from the PvP arena and let only max. 3 - 4 players in one instance.
    You don't fight in a group -> so why wait with so many other player? Thats just nonsense. You can't do anything but waiting.

Imagine you would have to wait in a queue to enter the Isle of Ironstatues, it's basically the same -> you fight alone, so why wait as a group? Or the same for Mona / Palace, Raids or any other group content. Imagine you had to wait until the group before you had finished the dungeon. This is nothing but stretching of content.
    Last edited by xCodename; 19th April 2016 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    The easiest way to reduce the wait time in PvE arena would be to make it seperate from the PvP arena and let only max. 3 - 4 players in one instance.
    You don't fight in a group -> so why wait with so many other player? Thats just nonsense. You can't do anything but waiting.

Imagine you would have to wait in a queue to enter the Isle of Ironstatues, it's basically the same -> you fight alone, so why wait as a group? Or the same for Mona / Palace, Raids or any other group content. Imagine you had to wait until the group before you had finished the dungeon. This is nothing but stretching of content.

Another idea would be to expand the current zone to make it for 3-4 arenas that function at the same time. Keep the same size (max players) of the zones, but this allows multiple PVE/PVP whatever to happen.

More of a "spectator" thing also -- esp if you could target players/bosses inside.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    Another idea would be to expand the current zone to make it for 3-4 arenas that function at the same time. Keep the same size (max players) of the zones, but this allows multiple PVE/PVP whatever to happen.

More of a "spectator" thing also -- esp if you could target players/bosses inside.
    Yes that would be a solution too. It would keep the feeling of a populated arena if there are more than just one fight going on but there should be something else to do for the waiting players, betting would be something very funny in my opinion. This would maybe even keep players there that not fight but just want to make some quick money... with the chance of loosing everything you set as you bet. But then comes the issue of exploiting: 4 Players arrange to let one player loose (by simply doing nothing while his opponent kills him) while the 2 betting players set all their money on the winning one and then split the prize in 4 parts...

Default pit

Crom desperatly needs to get a pvp instance in the pit arena. It is overflowing with pet fighters. Its really boring to watch. I like to watch pvp duels and its not a problem to wait for your turn, but watching pve duels is really killing me atm
    [Group] [Invitmi]: HELP ME ****ING RETARDS [Group] [Demoterror]: I dont want to help u **** retards. that sounds disgusting

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast