Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Barb pve dps

funny how my t1 geared conq in pvp weapons and most of gear is blue (pvp 5 conq)

i topped parcel in raid.. did actually more dmg than t3 sin and t4 barb .. but it was on crom, they were clicking combos which made me lot faster doing dmg ofc

oh and raid was yakhmar, next raid yaremka, did top 6 dmg with brute spec as MT
    The Law

highest crit combo i had on a t4 raid boss with the barb was this one:

Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 3033.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 2037.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 1909.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 1206.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 1555.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 1285.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 1479.

and it is possible to increase it even more because i dont have the highest gear yet (half t4, half tamarin) and getting luck in team buffs that increase even more damage

on mobs in t2 (lower armor than bosses, specially compared to t4) its possible to do that same hit and damage goes higher than 15k crit, i have done it before but didnt saved it (it is not easy to pull it, depends alot on team buffs to get that high)

barb damage is NOT low:
    - lower than sin, yes, but isnt supposed to be like that!?
    - lower than conq, yes by a bit, but that's funcom fault, not the skills of the players
    - lower than other mages, cant tell for sure, most of the times im higher, but when a mage is higher than my barb, it is by a lot
    Last edited by PutchPT; 9th November 2013 at 00:35.
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

When should i use impale? Atm it just does like 3 offhand attacks in a combo starter, can i make it procc in an upheavel?

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    highest crit combo i had on a t4 raid boss with the barb was this one:

Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 3033.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 2037.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 1909.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 1206.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 1555.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 1285.
    Your Whirlwind V critically slashes Lu Zhi for 1479.
    That's great, but you forgot to say that WW on barb has 45sec (25 sec feated +AA ?) cooldown ^^

@CueQue : read the description.
    Impale is 2 dots, one you apply with basic hit, and the other with offhand attacks, but Impale also give you +100% offhand attack on next hit, so the best is to use it on opener, but you can use it during a combo too, the offhand dot will proc on your next white hit/opener^^

1870 on Saddur (so 100% single target) without pots and with my crap gear, wtf?

Bone shatter + upheaval, screenshot when I get back home later. Hope I kept the parse too.

Lucky crits maybe but I've seen such weird parses lately (also my parses looked radically different compared to someone else's on the exact same encounter and using the same parser) I'm thinking they might just not be reliable at all. Coming from this game I wouldn't be surprised though.

And WW sucks, I never use it for single target dpsing. It can crit high if you're lucky but it doesn't have any bonus crit chance so upheaval and cyclone of steel end up critting way more often and doing much more damage. Not to mention they have 3 secs cooldown lol
    Last edited by kalston; 13th November 2013 at 13:20.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Barbs in our raids average 1650-1700 dps on Saddur, not sure how close thats to their max... I'd say 1870 dps is pretty good and you must have had a good group too. Now thats said, I did 2305 dps on the same parse on Demo.

General parse : http://i.imgur.com/58caqWz.png

2nd on parse is demo then 3 sins then 2 demos etc.

Details : http://i.imgur.com/V8NvNIR.png

I usually do 1500-1600 on Saddur so this leaves me really puzzled. 17% crits overall seems accurate since I have 18% crit chance And this wasn't even an "optimal" run since I was experimenting with different combo rotations etc.

Gear :
    Blue shoulders (Tigers) + Yag Kosha epic wrists, Rest is epic Tigers + Ardashir head.
    Rings : Tiger Strike + A Father's wrath
    Weapons : main hand = AoK 1HE, offhand = Yag Kosha 1HB.
    Accessories : blue neck (Forgotten City), blue dps cloak (Yag one)

So nothing to write home about ^^
    Last edited by kalston; 13th November 2013 at 17:18.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I see I parsed wrong, there was some dps on Pillager involved in the parse I had where I mentioned 2305 dps.

http://i.imgur.com/ABvVyxR.jpg

Thats the correct one. My Demo is 1st, number 2 and 4 are Barbarians.
    Last edited by Zoeri; 13th November 2013 at 18:54. Reason: Removed player names from the image

im gonna go against saddur today with my barb, ill post latter the total parse of it

@Greshakei

i know WW has high CD and i dont decrease it in feat (aa is fulled), i just wait for the right moment to use it if i want to get a higher burst, otherwise i use whenever i can since its feated for +25% damage, depends on the fights and most of the fights on high tiers its better to use anytime instead of saving for a big hit (for Lu Zhi its mainly tank/spank so it can be saved for a big burst)
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Wow fail even cyclone can do 3k opener. If u doing 1600 dps on Saddur then you need help. My barb did over 2k on sadur.
    Last edited by armatur; 31st December 2013 at 22:02.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast