Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Flag capping avoid pvp playstyle on Fury

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    The few games I played I received 0 heals despite having 3 healers on the team.
    Well did you RP for them???
    Satet-ka High Priest of Set

Sadly, the real culprit here is Funcom.

The only PvP statistics we have here are W/L and K/D. Sure some people emphasize K/D more, while some think W/L is more important - though you sort of expect any decent player to be able to do both. But the real problem is that there are only these four statistical factors to reflect one's prowess at PvP, and to make it worse you think PvP would be designed to complement these statistics. Nope. With the way objectives are designed if you focus on W/L it will often get in the way of K/D and vice versa. Ignore all stats.. not such a bad idea, whatever rocks your boat, but I sure like some indication of how I'm doing.

Roles in PvP? Everyone is DPS. And because of the way kills are credited, all that really matters is the burst damage you can do... or play a necro and steal everyone else's kill. Tanking role doesn't even exist in PvP. Healing? Pfft. No statistic for that.. how important can it possibly be. Sarcasm aside - healing is important enough that I've often won 3-4 games in a row simply because I'm the sole healer in the entire game. Not to mention how disappointing it must be to realize no one wanted to play a healer in all those games, or how the opposition would simply give up from the lack of one on their team.

Social aspect in PvP? Sorry, you can't pair up with your friend this mini-game.. may be next one, please try again.

Ranking and ladders? You're kidding, right?

Class/gear/AA balance? Oh look.. squirrel!

PvP in AoC has fallen sooo far behind in terms of where other modern/updated MMOs are today I have no hope for it. Had it been different, my emphasis today would still include a healthy dose of PvP. When I started to learn PvP a few players took me under their wing to help me improve, but one by one they all left in disgust. After that I still had fun getting to PvP 7 from mini games alone. I'm glad to say I still play this game - only that I don't PvP much at all these days.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Spart, you must spend more time in the forums than in game. Give it a rest. Bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydon View Post
    Spart, you must spend more time in the forums than in game. Give it a rest. Bored.
    +1
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    Sadly, the real culprit here is Funcom.

The only PvP statistics we have here are W/L and K/D. Sure some people emphasize K/D more, while some think W/L is more important - though you sort of expect any decent player to be able to do both. But the real problem is that there are only these four statistical factors to reflect one's prowess at PvP, and to make it worse you think PvP would be designed to complement these statistics. Nope. With the way objectives are designed if you focus on W/L it will often get in the way of K/D and vice versa. Ignore all stats.. not such a bad idea, whatever rocks your boat, but I sure like some indication of how I'm doing.

Roles in PvP? Everyone is DPS. And because of the way kills are credited, all that really matters is the burst damage you can do... or play a necro and steal everyone else's kill. Tanking role doesn't even exist in PvP. Healing? Pfft. No statistic for that.. how important can it possibly be. Sarcasm aside - healing is important enough that I've often won 3-4 games in a row simply because I'm the sole healer in the entire game. Not to mention how disappointing it must be to realize no one wanted to play a healer in all those games, or how the opposition would simply give up from the lack of one on their team.

Social aspect in PvP? Sorry, you can't pair up with your friend this mini-game.. may be next one, please try again.

Ranking and ladders? You're kidding, right?

Class/gear/AA balance? Oh look.. squirrel!

PvP in AoC has fallen sooo far behind in terms of where other modern/updated MMOs are today I have no hope for it. Had it been different, my emphasis today would still include a healthy dose of PvP. When I started to learn PvP a few players took me under their wing to help me improve, but one by one they all left in disgust. After that I still had fun getting to PvP 7 from mini games alone. I'm glad to say I still play this game - only that I don't PvP much at all these days.
    This sums it about right...but again, there is no way it's going to ever get better, so only way to fix pvp for us is to use our brains...
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Each mini has an objective. The goal is to complete the objective and win the tokens. That's it.

Kill the totem, kill the enemy team = win
    Capture the flag 3 times = win
    Hold more capture points, time out the enemy team on JS = win

Those are the objectives. Nowhere in there is there a Deathmatch objective, we dont have that minigame type yet in AOC.

Farming undergeard low pvp levels is just padding your stats not true pvp. If you want true pvp and a deathmatch minigame then ask Funcom to have forced armour sets for each class (I hope they do this with unchained minis) and then ask them for a Deathmatch map.

No offense but complaining that the EU players play for the intended objective of the minigame is kind of stupid.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Why in the world do you players who defend objective pvp use the " farm lowbie/new players with no gear" argument?

You have got to be kidding me if you think deathmatch its about farming the lowbie with no gear no skill and new to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    Why in the world do you players who defend objective pvp use the " farm lowbie/new players with no gear" argument?

You have got to be kidding me if you think deathmatch its about farming the lowbie with no gear no skill and new to the game.
    You asked me to join premade deathmatches with you, i joined. It was fun and took skill. But that could never happen in pugs, because there is almost always 12 people who all think, take flag and cap it.

Full deathmatches can only happen in premades

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    You asked me to join premade deathmatches with you, i joined. It was fun and took skill. But that could never happen in pugs, because there is almost always 12 people who all think, take flag and cap it.

Full deathmatches can only happen in premades
    I asked you to join premade?
    Who is this arabbear?

But yes there can't be full on deathmatch in pugs, but still possible if players participated. It can either be full objective or full deathmatch.. a mix of both would work only if the team/skill are balanced.

Deathmatch or CTF it's pretty much ends up the same way when the teams aren't balanced. Near ones rezpad killing trying not to be killed.

I'd rather play CTF than deathmatchs though. I enjoy PvP more when there's a purpose to the killing. This is PuG wise. In Premades i find it more challenging to play the objectives, even in TT, but all in all it's okay to go Deathmatch if it's agreed upon.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast