Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga server !

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Timaras View Post
    T6 weap. + neckl sounds interesting for me. sadly i play most on fury. sry that i dont read through all but i have some questions:

- Can i claim these items on my main on fury? if not, most furians even have no reason to join pve server.
    Saga characters will keep the rewards they gain, but you will receive a duplicate claim of each reward to claim on other characters. This will mean that if you choose to claim any given item on your Fury character you can.

- if i roll a Dark Templar on SAGA - but want to claim T6 items on anoter char on "crom" like a conqueror or a BS, is that possible or is the T6 loot bound to Dark templar class?
    No, the weapon is given in the form of a scroll. This scroll will give you a quest based on your class, and this quest will instantly resolve so that you can choose which weapon for your class you want. To allow this, in some cases weapon sets (2 1h weapons, sword/shield) are given in a bag with a detailed description of what it contains.

- why there is no option to choose between crom or fury? can we get a free transfer to crom or fury on registration page or somewhere else?
    As this is a PvE focused server we're merging the characters with the server of a similar ruleset.

- RF is disabled at start - why? or why not complete disabled?- i promise RF will break the feeling of making real raids or dungeons fast...
    RF shouldn't be populated enough to be an enjoyable queue experience for the first few weeks, and this gives people some extra time to catch up with people leveling really fast so they can be present for the opening. Since the last saga tier has people going to traditional raids, people should be motivated enough to do those as well. The last saga tier is not completable by killing the RF versions of raid bosses.

- Whats meant by "classical raid progression" ? T1 - T6? just a minority of players on crom can clear T6 and i think most people able clearing T6 are bored of T6 farming or the rewards im interested in... and the rest even CANT clear t5 or t6. Hmm...
    The last raid tier tasks you with killing Leviathus, Thoth-Amon, the Bat of Nergal, and Yah-Chieng. Again, RF versions of these bosses won't count.

- Raids are locked till next tuesday like other servers? would be a fail for a temp. server and most people having a RealLife. Even AA point farming takes weeks.
    Raid locking works the same, but we've changed the membership bonus for tokens to give much, much more.

- What about ingame T3 armor and or other things? still buyable in itemshop?
    Originally we were going to just leave the Item Shop as is, but we've disabled the T2 PvP cache and T3 PvE cache due to feedback from you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    The biggest question I have out of your set is whether the stuff you get on your saga character only transfers with your saga character : i.e. I thought that we would get the option to put the saga gear equivalent on a regular server character

Its going to make a big difference in what I take to saga since I don't need t6 on bear or demo...

and do you get to pick the neck/weapon?

And when is funcom going to put the t5 and t6 weapon vendors in game?
    I think most of these questions were answered above. No current plans to put weapon vendors in, but I've gotten a lot of feedback about it and it might be something we do in the future. No promises at this point, though.

Quote Originally Posted by hepp View Post
    Did anyone mention if the xp gains is normal?
    There's no direct XP buff, but the fatality buff does provide additional XP and we've changed this so it affects melee fatalities as well. We'll be monitoring progress and feedback on everything, but definitely this specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    Anyone notice the wording "first Saga server"?
    This is rather experimental, so we want to see how the saga server does to gauge interest. If the server is successful, we'd like to experiment with the formula and change rulesets up a bit. This first saga server is aimed at a more traditional experience, but I would personally love to see more feedback on what people would want to see from saga servers if we're able to do more in the future.
    FuncomMussagana
    Designer
    Twitter: @Mussagana

Age of Conan Website

- if i roll a Dark Templar on SAGA - but want to claim T6 items on anoter char on "crom" like a conqueror or a BS, is that possible or is the T6 loot bound to Dark templar class?
    No, the weapon is given in the form of a scroll. This scroll will give you a quest based on your class, and this quest will instantly resolve so that you can choose which weapon for your class you want. To allow this, in some cases weapon sets (2 1h weapons, sword/shield) are given in a bag with a detailed description of what it contains.

No to what? If I roll a necro on Saga, I am locked to only a necro on Crom getting a scroll? Or are all your toons on Crom getting a scroll? Or is it only the Saga toon when transferred to Crom gets the scroll?

2 things:

1) It was repeated often, but I have to repeat it again, as SOOO many here dont realize this (and still get a new disappointment after another): There are only like 2 (literally) ppl working on Age of Conan anymore. Even if they would work 24/7 and would really be the best, they can't produce any new content anymore. That's been the case since about 3 years. All new content in that phase was old material, developed in the better times of Age of Conan, but not finished/published yet:
    a) T6
    b) Slithering Chaos
    c) Vanaheim (that was actually developed in like 2008 and didnt pass the quality test, but a few years later they didnt care anymore and released it)
    d) All new gear, pets and what not is just with new colours, no more new models whatssoever.

--> There will never be any new content anymore for AoC

2) I have no idea how to do T6 in that short amount of time. Its maybe possible if a whole guild who knows each other very well decides that they all have no job or family anyway, so they can play AoC 10h+ a day. Then the way might look like: Get fast to lvl 80, powerlvl guildies, farm RF (but who drags the blue geared?? well you get RF buff, but still) and T4 regular raid for like 80% T4 gear and then try T6 idk.

Nothing for anyone with job or family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post

Raid locking works the same, but we've changed the membership bonus for tokens to give much, much more
    so to have a chance of succeeding you must be subbed. but even with a higher token gain you still need tears, shards etc to buy main gear pieces.
    that sounds like a tough challenge for hardcore players only

Not to mention nothing for a pvp player. I could care less for a t6 weapon that is useless in pvp.

Not even any incentive for costumes since this is the only game that does not allow it in pvp. So no point in customizing how you look.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post

No to what? If I roll a necro on Saga, I am locked to only a necro on Crom getting a scroll? Or are all your toons on Crom getting a scroll? Or is it only the Saga toon when transferred to Crom gets the scroll?
    He just said you can claim the scroll on class you want (on crom) and the reward will be for the proper class
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by Demofyre View Post
    so to have a chance of succeeding you must be subbed. but even with a higher token gain you still need tears, shards etc to buy main gear pieces.
    that sounds like a tough challenge for hardcore players only
    Depends what you feel is 'succeeding'. The quest with the mentioned power rewards ends with T4 Yah-Chieng. With T3.5 and T4 nerfed into oblivion this really isn't very hard.

If you want to go for the vanity and bragging rights you would have to go T6 but I doubt any raidforce with a chance of succeeding there will bother.

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    He just said you can claim the scroll on class you want (on crom) and the reward will be for the proper class
    So it will be a 1 time scroll in your claims, claimable by any toon on your account?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    So it will be a 1 time scroll in your claims, claimable by any toon on your account?
    Exactly
    Victory or Death

Say I roll a necro on Saga server, then later realize a tank is needed. Can I delete the necro and re-roll a tank?