Thread: Unable to enter the same instance as party members.

Default Unable to enter the same instance as party members.

Hi. It's been a looooong time since I played AoC. In fact, I pre-ordered it when it first came out back in '08 and played a few months then, but haven't gone back since. Last week, two of my friends and I started characters on a PvP server. I was party leader & my two friends were both in the group. We were running around Tortage having a grand ol' time when we got the quest to collect 45 venoms from creatures inside the coastal cave. We headed over and went in. The first time we entered, it was just myself and friend 1 in the cave with friend 2 alone in his own instance. We couldn't change instances inside the cave, saying we were too far from a spawn point. When we exit the cave, we're all back together standing outside of it and there are no extra instances to pick from. We tried entering again and now all three of us were alone in individual instances,(same deal, we can't change instances). That's how it was from then on. We experienced the same thing with the Mausoleum on White Sands Isle. Eventually we got frustrated and moved over to a different game for the rest of the day. I would really like to get them back on board to play more, but if we can't reliably enter the same dungeon, it's not going to last very long.

So what's the deal here?

Some instances like these two are bound to one person only. For group instances, you can find Bubshur's House in Khospepf Province or some other areas that offer "Normal" and "Epic" instances upon entering them. The first true group instance is Black Castle (level 27 and up).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 13th February 2017 at 07:24.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

There are some solo dungeons: I don't remember if those two are single only and you got two in by accident. White sands and Underhalls are group instances though.

There are some places that years ago used to allow people to enter as a group..then suddenly these places suddenly became solo...
    I'm not sure that players asked Funcom at the time....I don't remember forums posts about it and we've lost the old forums from the times the changes were made for me to go back and check that Funcom actually did announce it.
    Both Coastal Cave and Mausoleum were two of the "group allowed" instances that suddenly became solo instances...I don't think that there are that many more..

I hope that this doesn't put you and your friends off too much. There are many other group-allowed areas in Tortage that you can play in as Anubium said. And for the times when you all can't play together these solo instances, like your destiny quests can be finished off. Alternatively you could make completion of the quests inside those areas into a friendly competition with a reward to the one who zones out first with quests completed...to the one who died the least inside or the most etc ...rather than see it as a barrier to playing together ...
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 13th February 2017 at 09:11.