Thread: Spell - Gate of Hell

Default Spell - Gate of Hell

Question is simple - what is the precise effect of this spell and is it worth of those feat points? And if yes, in what situations (solo, pvp, raids/dungeons etc.)

"Gate of Hell"
    A spell that opens a portal to Hell, and summons a demonic servant that buffs the Demonologists damage by 25% and his pet's damage by 100% for a period of 20 seconds. Cooldown 3 minutes.

I wish.

Really, it's pretty crap and I can't see why you'd feat that over anything else.

Just +25% damage for 20 seconds at 5 featpoints spent on it? O.O

Lol,he said he wishes it was that .its a crap cc with crap cd ,crap cast time and above all the points spent to get it are all crap as well.In OLD days 2 pts in blessing of amher may have been worth it pve wise but thats not the case anymore.Just don't bother with that end feat line at all

Very viable cc for fire demo pvp specs, 1 feat is enough to get most out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    Very viable cc for fire demo pvp specs, 1 feat is enough to get most out of it
    Yeah, this. Cast time is a little high but still very useful and worth investing a point in when you go conflag spec.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Yeah, this. Cast time is a little high but still very useful and worth investing a point in when you go conflag spec.
    I need the bloody details What is casting time for it? If it's CC, what kind of CC and is it AOE or single-target? What's it's range and, if AOE, radius? How much damage it does? The in-game description is vague and says basically nothing about what this spell really is. That's why this topic was started - I haven't seen any details on this spell for all those years.

The description says what it is - a single target root. Cast time is 1.5s, CD 60s, duration I can't remember exactly - a few seconds. The fire damage is negligible (I never paid attention to it). Even with conflag spec in pvp I often use Bindings of the Skylord which shares a CD with the other root ability so Gates of Hell is a well spent point. Can't have too many CCs in pvp anyway.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.