Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 153

Thread: State of Funcom? Aoc?

  1. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Just to be sure: By "devs" you do not mean the developers working on the game? Because I am pretty sure that they are only employees.
    And I am pretty sure there are no devs on AoC.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

  2. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mazzem View Post
    The game is free to play. Nobody is forcing you to pay for sub. They are a business and they need to make money. Would you rather see them shut down the game?
    Apparently you either wanted to miss the point or I am talking in a different language.
    I didn't say one is forced to pay for any **** in this game .

    That they keep it running just doesn't have anything at all to do with them being nice.
    And personally I don't care if they shut it down or not , not doing anything besides some minis every few weeks, and the Worldboss-gimpfinder euphoria completely failed to infect me.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

    Yes the new store still blows

  3. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Apparently you either wanted to miss the point or I am talking in a different language.
    I didn't say one is forced to pay for any **** in this game .

    That they keep it running just doesn't have anything at all to do with them being nice.
    And personally I don't care if they shut it down or not , not doing anything besides some minis every few weeks, and the Worldboss-gimpfinder euphoria completely failed to infect me.
    Your argument was so poorly constructed that I had to assume that you are talking about their main source of revenue, which is, the subscriptions. Yes, it would be sad to see the game shutdown, but you should be grateful and appreciative for all the years of support since the release of the game, and even more so considering the bumpy and foolish mistakes they've been making over the years. I'm quite sure you value your money, which is perfectly understandable, but a few hundred/thousand sub is not enough to warrant to keep operation/development cost running as I am quite sure you already know, cost money, a lot of money.

    Let's put it this way: Age of Conan hasn't been doing fantastically well from a profit standpoint (go see their annual report). Funcom would be bankrupt by now if it wasn't from the involvement of the Norwegian government by giving them money every year so they can stay afloat, so that people like you can still play this game.

    So spare me the ''cry me a river'' argument and try to be realistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    Sure, they are a business, but originally videogames were designed as entertainment, and in the process the developers earned money. In this case, and others before it, entertainment is shadowed by the pure profit for the devs. It's technically F2P, but in reality it's P2W. If you had played before the shop revamp and many other shameful changes, you would know, or how all the revenue from AoC has gone exclusively into TSW development, while they abandoned AoC, covering it up with shallow updates, for a very long time.

    Instead of taking care of their playerbase, they squeeze their wallets, and smile at the cameras. These devs would make good politicians. I never thought anyone could beat Electronic Arts or Ubisoft, but they did.

    I played way before the introduction of the P2W as you like to describe it. In fact, I still remember the early days of the game before its introduction to the F2P market. I have not missed the point at all, it is, in my humble opinion time for Age of Conan to retire which is why I think its still nice to see Funcom support the game after so many years.

    I would rather see Funcom spend our hard earned money in a new project (they are working on 2 new conan titles may I remind you) rather than spending it on band-aid and quick half done patches on a old aging product. They are in the business of making money by providing entertainment as you just described it. They have no obligation to you, or anyone else for that matter but to their shareholders. Profit is the only way, they ''Funcom'' can provide you some happy fun time dank dodo kills in the World of Age of Conan while you drink your coca cola inbetween two chocolat cookies. If you can't understand this simple concept, then take an economy/business class.
    Last edited by mazzem; 24th March 2017 at 19:26.

  4. #114

    Thumbs down Broken Game

    T6 Cetriss gets killed- whole Raid gets disconnected. Obvious Bug- GMs are not interested, no refunds - nothing.
    Why should anyone pay for this junk? I'll never get anything from FC again.

  5. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mazzem View Post
    ......
    Sorry my fault , when talking to someone i am usually assuming thats its not a person who needs a slow, extra explanation , maybe i should start to [assume this]

    and yea that "about development" paragraph is nice of you , but completely irrelevant , regarding to what i said [see first post of mine , in this thread]
    Last edited by slackjoint; 24th March 2017 at 07:03.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

    Yes the new store still blows

  6. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mazzem View Post
    ...
    I think that the most recent games innovations are aimed at ensuring to newcomers should be easy to adapt in the game and quickly reach veterans power level.

    However, ignoring the interests of veterans is a big mistake. We live in the era of information technology. And Veterans dissatisfaction literally flooded the Internet. It has a powerful anti-advertisement that discourage new players to join the game and causing the Fancom company losses.
    Last edited by Ernests; 24th March 2017 at 06:53.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

  7. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I think that the most recent games innovations are aimed at ensuring to newcomers should be easy to adapt in the game and quickly reach veterans power level.

    However, ignoring the interests of veterans is a big mistake. We live in the era of information technology. And Veterans dissatisfaction literally flooded the Internet. It has a powerful anti-advertisement that discourage new players to join the game and causing the Fancom company losses.
    If you look at success of CE this is simply not true. Despite all that how they treated AoC, it had no negative impact on their next Conan IP game. So, from their point of view, this strategy to ignore AoC and keep it in current mode is perfectly working and there are no reasons anything change.

    Moreover, I would speculate that CE brings some new players into AoC spending some money. It is question how many veterans left and mow many of these new players will stay for a longer time, but i will speculate again it will be enough to keep AoC running and somehow profitable.
    Last edited by elsunga; 24th March 2017 at 14:23.

  8. #118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I think that the most recent games innovations are aimed at ensuring to newcomers should be easy to adapt in the game and quickly reach veterans power level.

    However, ignoring the interests of veterans is a big mistake. We live in the era of information technology. And Veterans dissatisfaction literally flooded the Internet. It has a powerful anti-advertisement that discourage new players to join the game and causing the Fancom company losses.
    Except veterans are merely a small minority and do not represent enough of a large margin of profit to warrant further development.

    Quote Originally Posted by elsunga View Post
    If you look at success of CE this is simply not true. Despite all that how they treated AoC, it had no negative impact on their next Conan IP game. So, from their point of view, this strategy to ignore AoC and keep it in current mode is perfectly working and there are no reasons anything change.

    Moreover, I would speculate that CE brings some new players into AoC spending some money. It is question how many veterans left and mow many of these new players will stay for a longer time, but i will speculate again it will be enough to keep AoC running and somehow profitable.
    Of course and I would argue that Age of Conan was probably responsible for the huge success of Conan Exiles, add that to the steam platform and 13 daily million users, its no surprise. If Age of Conan had launched earlier on steam it would have been a different story for the development of this game.

    They'd have to spend a significant large portion of their income on the game to pull back high numbers to make it profitable. That's just not feasible and unrealistic when they could just focus on making a new up-to-date product.
    Last edited by mazzem; 24th March 2017 at 19:34.

  9. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mazzem View Post
    Except veterans are merely a small minority and do not represent enough of a large margin of profit to warrant further development.
    Maybe it's "small minority", but it is quite an influential part. They are so angry that public space is filled with poisonous comments that undermine Fancom reputation. And, indeed, for this reason, a bunch of thousands of players do not choose Fancom output. If you do not believe, then you can enter the favorite sites of games, and read the comments, and also about CE by the way

    The moral is that with the fans need to live amicably, rather than anger and ignore them for a long period.
    Last edited by Ernests; 24th March 2017 at 20:54.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

  10. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Maybe it's "small minority", but it is quite an influential part. They are so angry that public space is filled with poisonous comments that undermine Fancom reputation. And, indeed, for this reason, a bunch of thousands of players do not choose Fancom output. If you do not believe, then you can enter the favorite sites of games, and read the comments, and also about CE by the way

    The moral is that with the fans need to live amicably, rather than anger and ignore them for a long period.
    If you look at sales of CE they are not influential.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •