Thread: Newstart Server ?

Question Newstart Server ?

Hi @ll,

Archeage did it (and this server is overrun), so my wish for christmas this year is, that funcom starts a new server for
    a new beginning in age of conan.

I own a few level 80 chars on crom, but i didn't play a long time so i think it would be funny to perform a new start at level zero.

Yes sure, i can do this on fury or crom too, but

1) i think it is hard to find any ppl there who would do this
    2) on the new server, there is no grinding through high lvl player
    -> no boosts for the new char through money or items from a high lvl char

What do you think ?

Greetings

Akashya

Quote Originally Posted by Akashya View Post
    Hi @ll,

Archeage did it (and this server is overrun), so my wish for christmas this year is, that funcom starts a new server for

I own a few level 80 chars on crom, but i didn't play a long time so i think it would be funny to perform a new start at level zero.

What do you think ?

Greetings

Akashya
    In case you didn't noticed it: Funcom abandoned this game a few months ago, they do not even have the "resources" to come up with new subscription prices.

Why make a new server when the only two at the moment are lagging most of the time?

Age of Conan has been through many server merges, it wouldn't make a sense to create a new one now. We want the servers crowded for grouping and raiding, which we have and works well.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Going to be a dead server. In case you haven't noticed this game is extremely niche
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

14 out of the 19 people who'd bother to play on it will buy level 80s with T3 gear from the item shop, and then queue raid finder for days.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

It was done. Rage & Deathwish. They both died out in months. A lot of people temporarily came back, even guilds from launch such as murder herd, anvil of crom, snowhawk clan, etc. but once they saw that Funcom never really fixed any of the major underlying issues (ie: AA gap in PvP, PvE/PvP gear gap [which was fixed by Cirithgor years later], lack of PvP content outside the minimaps, etc.) They all left.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashya View Post
    Hi @ll,

What do you think ?

Greetings

Akashya
    I Cannot understand how this solution could help.
    Funcom should fill servers we have raise awareness through advertising, banners, websites, etc. servers we already have and the quality of this game, and not split more the population in more servers.
    One new server try was done, Funcom created and rented one new server to Aeria Games http://www.aeriagames.com/press_rele...n_Aeria_Ignite
    We are speaking about Aeria, that is quiet popular like publisher, experiment was a fail, server almost empty, 30-40 people run away to 80 and left the game, for every new player in, there was one 80 lefting and server is death in really few time, Aeria closed it!
    Last edited by zujilin; 25th December 2016 at 18:49.
    Victory or Death