Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Content Roadmap

Default Future Content Roadmap

With Slithering Chaos released and being the last content mentioned by Funcom that they were working on, what is planned for the future, if anything?

Or is it now "Game Over"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

My bet is the next 'content/anything' will be the vanity bonuses to tie in to Conan Exiles. I don't really expect Funcom to do anything more after that. Possibly make a few vague promises of something new and awesome which keeps getting delayed a few years before being 'canceled' (not even started).

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    My bet is the next 'content/anything' will be the vanity bonuses to tie in to Conan Exiles. I don't really expect Funcom to do anything more after that. Possibly make a few vague promises of something new and awesome which keeps getting delayed a few years before being 'canceled' (not even started).
    Tilty mentioned revamp of Onyx Chambers if I remember correctly, but after that I am pessimist. I think all energy and resources will go to Exiles with few vanity items in AoC to lure AoC players buy Exiles.

Btw in last TSW stream they mentioned there will be Exiles streams. Quite sad if you look how they treat AoC.

EDIT: I forgot Tilty mentioned Unchained mode for the rest of old dungeons.
    Last edited by elsunga; 25th October 2016 at 11:29.

probably, but look at AO, they were forgotten long time ago and they still play that game
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    probably, but look at AO, they were forgotten long time ago and they still play that game
    Maintenance mode. Imho AoC will end like that soon. I would really wish there would be AoC devs team but I dont believe that.

Anyway apart of negatity what would you wish in AoC if situation would be better?

For me:

1. one big issue dealing with bugs, object collisions and textures, changes in loot tables to make some older stuff more in balance with new one, UI fixes, more items and options for subscribers to make subscriptions more attractive...
    2. crafting revamp
    3. that dungeon in NE(?) corner of Ymirr's Pass
    4. some pvp dungeon similar to Tortage underground for 80+ characters.
    5. new zone (but I know, this is pure sci-fi).

Reality check.

Some :scenario: stuff like Vanaheim with ctrlc/ctrlv design is more likely.
    Last edited by elsunga; 24th October 2016 at 23:06.

Quote Originally Posted by elsunga View Post
    3. that dungeon in NE(?) corner of Ymirr's Pass.
    That is House of Crom. They changed the location, and changed a bit about what they originally said about the dungeon by the time they finished it.

Raid progression thred is a good way to watch the drastic decline of old and active raiding guilds .
    Cross server technology would be the only thing to "save" this game and keep people attracted.
    This and increasing the diificulty of dungeons and proper raid by a great level , Plus adjusting the quality of the drops. (especially Unchained and DS gear)

Current way of getting (almost) top gear has the same difficulty as a dinner with grandma
    Last edited by slackjoint; 25th October 2016 at 09:27.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Social fairy dust would be a brilliant addition.
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    Social fairy dust would be a brilliant addition.
    Do you want some vampire-player than? :P

Apart from that, i will look forward for some new content.
    We had the Arena, then Raid Finder and now Slithering Chaos dungeon. It seems a little sign of the game is not still death, even if for some players RF it has been a bad move (all that free relics don't help people to learn better their toon class mechanics in real dungeons for examples... but may see other cons.)
    Well, the fact is that this things now are online, so we may hope in something more... SC was a cut-and-paste of scenery with some new mechanics in (i liked a lot to go with guildies and try to learn their secrects by ourselves), maybe some other come in the next future... I'm particulary thinking of the empty slot that remains in RF rings (Chaos, Eldritch are now fillable), maybe some other dungeon will help us to fill that slot, too

My personal 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Malagrazia View Post
    We had the Arena, then Raid Finder and now Slithering Chaos dungeon. It seems a little sign of the game is not still death, even if for some players RF it has been a bad move (all that free relics don't help people to learn better their toon class mechanics in real dungeons for examples... but may see other cons.)
    Arena got released in a fail state and despite the tons of feedback the professional developer"s" never made any change to it to make it a really succesfull update. Raid finder made 95% of the game obsolete which decrease the quality of players drastically since everyone and their mothers instead of learning to play and follow a progression route while making contacts, making friends, joining guilds (Things that are a signature of an mmo) they just blindly joining raid finder getting t4 gear which is still even better than t5 in many cases and not doing anything else but playing solo. Then lets not forget about the item shop change which was purely an insult. And slithering chaos which came in a copy-paste area with objects floating around and tbh mechanic wise its not interested at all.

And for future updates I know for sure they will start fixing bugs, give maybe something to PvP players or some challenge to PvE players who refuse to play solo. Bah who am I kidding? For future updates I guess until next summer they can nerf more content and release some more solo stuff because apparently an mmo is supposed to be played as solo with zero difficulty.
    Last edited by zeuss; 25th October 2016 at 11:44.
    IVORY TOWER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast