Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 5.1: Slithering Chaos Consolidated Feedback & Known Issues thread

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    It has been a really long time since I've played with gem slots in gear. If you place an epic gem in a slot, and then later get a legendary you want to replace it with, can you just place it in to override, or do you have to remove the old gem first?
    You can destroy a gem in the ring with tainted alkahest and place a new one of your choosing in there. I did it twice with 'placeholder' gems I have in my ring until I get the one I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Silent Mist - Hate increase + Hate Decrease.
    Epic.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Epic.
    No. Legendary.

5g sales price on epic rings seems like it's just begging for ninjalooting.
    Echotun - DT

My feedback after two evenings with the dungeon:

1/5 Production quality and graphics
    - The dungeon is a retrofit of Sepulcher of the Wyrm. Not that terrible in by itself, but there would have been better looking / designed dungeons. "Dragon spine ruins" is not AoC's best texture set imho, just brown grayish objects on a brownish gray background.
    - Several items float in the air.
    - Textures don't correspond with the collision boxes. That would be annoying just by itself, but with boss mechanics that mainly revolve around running around, it's aggravating.
    - Animations, cast bars and effects seem to run out of synch.
    - Effect areas may be bugged, too: We often got hit by boss abilities despite being in cover or at the correct position. Hard to judge if everything works as intended.
    - The client seems to lose targets and the targets' cast bars more often than elsewhere. Possible related to incorrect hit boxes.
    - Teammates that die to some boss abilities count as PvE kills for other players.

1/5 Boss Mechanics
    - Run right. Run left. Jump up. Sit down. This isn't Mario Brothers - or shouldn't be. Annoying with the lag situation.
    - Bosses seem a bit boring - not boring as in not challenging, but boring as in repetetive and lacking innovation.
    - Personally, I prefer encounters that challenge character control, not movement or knowing boss mechanics.
    - Requires a lot of learning - not suited for random/casual groups. Nice for some guilds to play, but I guess not appealing for most players (as in 99% of your customers).

2/5 Itemization
    - Random gems may be a good idea, as it forces raiders to visit 6-mans again. The randomness might poison it, though. Hard to say if it'll work in the long run.
    - Only really works in synergy with the raid finder. Not everybody likes the raid finder. Dungeon is not really attractive to them. Seems like a dangerous idea to bundle content like that.
    - Possibly makes Vanaheim rings obsolete, which might be counterproductive business-wise.

1/5 Fun
    - Will probably not play again.

It's nice that something "new" came out after such a long time. Some things - i. e. the loot - makes me think that somebody at Funcom is starting to use the awesome power of the human brain and actually thinks about itemization in a perspective other than "moar power!!11". Doubtful if it's appealing to more than a tiny minority of players, though.

Adding unchained modes of Iron Tower, Xibaluku, Black Castle and Atzel's Fortress would have been more productive in my opinion - those are relatively well designed dungeons that have lost pretty much all purpose since the introduction of Kithai.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 24th October 2016 at 05:59.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

- Requires a lot of learning - not suited for random/casual groups. Nice for some guilds to play, but I guess not appealing for most players (as in 99% of your customers).
    I would strongly disagree with that back in 2009-2013, defending the opposite point of view (that requiring a lot of learning is the best that could be done) with blood and frenzy; but now, I agree. A lot of veterans, as I see on this forum, were spat upon by Funcom and driven out of the game. While I really love the title and the universe and cannot name anything better, I can tell that the game is an ADHD-oriented sad parody of its former self ("casual" would be a misnomer here). What is Funcom trying to do is to unite ADHD, casual, and hardcore players with these changes. Yet, it seems not to work anymore. Once you enter a diluting element into something, it no longer appeals to the other crowds. As in, would professional soccer players enjoy playing the game if the players were asked to run no longer to get more relaxed players into the game?
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 24th October 2016 at 05:59.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

2/5 Itemization
    - Only really works in synergy with the raid finder. Not everybody likes the raid finder. Dungeon is not really attractive to them. Seems like a dangerous idea to bundle content like that.
    - Possibly makes Vanaheim rings obsolete, which might be counterproductive business-wise.
    Epic rings with gem slot in the Dungeons - so you dont need the rf rings if you hate the raidfinder

- So farming a fun boss is bad but make the boring as **** Vanaheim rings a gem slot would be a better option - i dont think so

-----------------

In my opinion Bosses are a lot of fun. And there wasnt a boss with that much movement before, so for me its refreshing.

And wiping because of bugs/lags is often a lot of fun^^ But i guess people will wipe and than just blame funcom and the lags for everything^^

Of course at the moment its hard for random groups but thats how it is people have to learn first. Make the dungeon easier wont change anything

Quote Originally Posted by Mirosch View Post
    In my opinion Bosses are a lot of fun. And there wasnt a boss with that much movement before, so for me its refreshing.
    To each his own, but...

AI district: General of many colors
    Iron Tower: Pillar of many colors
    Caravan Hideout: Sarcophagi of many colors
    Uban Kathingy: Disco of many colors

Now:

Slithering Chaos: Jumping on stones without any colors.

Yay, excitement...!
    Make Hyboria raid again!

To each his own, but...

AI district: General of many colors
    Iron Tower: Pillar of many colors
    Caravan Hideout: Sarcophagi of many colors
    Uban Kathingy: Disco of many colors

Now:

Slithering Chaos: Jumping on stones without any colors.

Yay, excitement...!
    colors are bad for the colorblind
    meh...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast