Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual wielding questions

Default Dual wielding questions

Hey, been a while since I played, I was looking for details on dual wield mechanics.

About all I remembered or could find is that there is a % chance to swing offhand with each attack

Do left (up left and down left) strikes use the offhand for damage? What about combos that hit those directions? For multi hit combos, does the offhand chance apply to each hit individually or just the last combo step?

Ty in advance

- It works exactly as what you remember, there's not much else to it.
    - All your attacks use your main hand weapon regardless of left or right attacks, offhand weapon DPS only counts for offhand attacks.
    - You only get one offhand hit per combo finisher, but offhands that proc from combo finishers hit much harder than offhands from white hits (scales based on either the time taken to execute the combo or the overall combo damage, I can't remember which one), so, the tip if you're playing a barbarian is to use Impale on your longest combo finisher (which is typically Upheaval) to force that to offhand for superior damage.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by glorystain View Post
    Any idea what the base % is?
    It should show on your charsheet under combat (if in doubt, try a "naked" char and look). It is class-dependant, around 20% i think, for rangers still bugged (0%).

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    offhand weapon DPS only counts for offhand attacks.
    Does it really? I mean as you are Evito I tend to believe you^^ But no one yet gave me clear answer - So for the offhand weapon not only the other stats, but also the offhand weapon dps is important?

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    Does it really? I mean as you are Evito I tend to believe you^^ But no one yet gave me clear answer - So for the offhand weapon not only the other stats, but also the offhand weapon dps is important?
    Well "important". You would take a higher base dps weapon in your offhand if you can get one. But the highest base dps regardless of other stats should be on your main hand. What is usually picked as offhand has decent hit, crit, combat rating, and maybe some hate decrease or something. For Barbarians I could think of examples like Tigerswipe and for Assassins the Knife of Crawling Chaos. And then obviously raid weapons like Erliks Blade of Widows and Erliks Knife of the Afterlife, with West Cleave in main hand for Barbs and Shiv in main hand for Assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    Yes, but I'd say it's a secondary stat rather than one to be overly concerned with. For example an Ibis (116dps) with DPS gems in your offhand destroys the T4 West Cleave (128dps) for overall DPS.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Yes, but I'd say it's a secondary stat rather than one to be overly concerned with. For example an Ibis (116dps) with DPS gems in your offhand destroys the T4 West Cleave (128dps) for overall DPS.
    I remember seeing research on this forum from a few years ago suggesting the base dps of your offhand is 100% insignificant. I wish I could find that little info...

But even if it does have some importance, it's too little to care about. You'll have more luck focusing on the other stats, like ombat rating, crit, hit, offhand, etc. These at least affect all of your hits, rather than just the lucky few.
    Last edited by lexconan; 5th September 2016 at 12:58.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast