Thread: raid gear

Default raid gear

What is the difference between normal gear and raid gear. Can raid gear also be used outside raids and it it better armor then normal armor?

I don't understand since i never raided before :0)

Edit: Nvm, i asked in global chat and now i know raid gear is better then normal gear.
    Last edited by wooteknoot; 19th August 2016 at 16:23. Reason: question answered

Level 78-79 crafted gear is better than T1-T2 gear sometimes. The question has not been answered for you.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by wooteknoot View Post

Edit: Nvm, i asked in global chat and now i know raid gear is better then normal gear.
    Not necessarily. Many Khitai blues will be better than T1-T2-T3 gear and for the most part, Khitai purples will be better than T3 raid gear. Next in power would be T4, then T5, then T6.

Ok thanks guys :-).

I keep dying in Khitai with my green and blue gear. 2 lvl 85's and im dead meat. I know it has been 7 years since i last played by ranger so i must be rusty and undergeared.

I started 2 new toons though. Hopefully I will pick up how to play the game ( i also finally beat the grim grey god or something after 7 years haha. I logged out near Kalanthe who gave that final quest so that was about time i did it)

lvl 85 means you are trying to quest in paikang... it's going to be very hard to do it with green gear!

i'd suggest you to stay in northern grasslands for some time, to get some moas. then go to chosain, get tamarin tigers faction, and buy some blue gear from them.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Ok thanks guys :-).

I keep dying in Khitai with my green and blue gear. 2 lvl 85's and im dead meat. I know it has been 7 years since i last played by ranger so i must be rusty and undergeared.

I started 2 new toons though. Hopefully I will pick up how to play the game ( i also finally beat the grim grey god or something after 7 years haha. I logged out near Kalanthe who gave that final quest so that was about time i did it)
    you can easly gear T1-2 now, there is bonus on token, if you do one full sweep T1 you gain as 13 token T1 (if i remember right), T1 cost 6 big items, 4 little. This mean if you not win nothing in 3 raids (it is hard) you can buy two bigs (chest+pants for example) or you should do quest in NG and chosain and start to complete your blue + boots/wrist epic tiger.
    Try follow the plot and the normal progress of game ... it drive you and it is funny if you not skip part of game!
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    lvl 85 means you are trying to quest in paikang... it's going to be very hard to do it with green gear!

i'd suggest you to stay in northern grasslands for some time, to get some moas. then go to chosain, get tamarin tigers faction, and buy some blue gear from them.
    I am somewhere called Dragon spine or something. I

I'll try to find NG (whats that?) and cosain for quests. Thanks for the help :-)

Edit:
    Ah, NG is northern grass lands. I don't have the expansion to go there but guess that's what I will buy then :0)
    Last edited by wooteknoot; 20th August 2016 at 11:35. Reason: found answer

I am somewhere called Dragon spine or something.
    dragonspine is not trivial even in full epic gear, so it's not surprising that you're having a hard time in greens...

I'll try to find NG (whats that?) and cosain for quests. Thanks for the help :-)

Edit:
    Ah, NG is northern grass lands. I don't have the expansion to go there but guess that's what I will buy then :0)
    yes, you need the godslayer expansion. the order of the areas is: northern grasslands -> chosain -> kara korum -> paikang

enjoy!
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)