Thread: Barb or Sin ~

Default Barb or Sin ~

Hey everyone! I recently got my HoX to level 80 (first charcter) but I gotta say I'm looking for something with faster gameplay. I enjoyed leveling it but waiting for the slow swings of the sword is starting to become a drag ~

I am looking to level another character to main and the two obvious contenders are the sin and the barb. Which one of these two classes would you say provide the faster and more active gameplay in endgame?

Thanks on beforehand friends

*Disclaimer* - I know this is higly subjective ^^

Yes, this is highly subjective. The Herald of Xotli delivers so much AoE and pinpoint damage at some encounters that it is hard to compete with him.

The fastest is probably the ass class (assassin, though some call it "sin" for no apparent reason).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

it depends, barb has more aoe, more ccs (with 2h weapon), and has higher survivability, so it's a bit easier to level up and to play solo in general. sin has the best single target dps, but is a lot more squishy.

so, if the only reason why you don't like hox (which imo is the best class in the game) is that has slow combos, i'd try barb.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    The fastest is probably the ass class (assassin, though some call it "sin" for no apparent reason).
    i guess that nobody likes to be called "ass"...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Donkeys aren't that bad
    Short cuts make long delays.

The OP was complaining about slow swings! Barb is not so much better as the whole combos take ages. Therefore only sin is viable. They even have a combo called swift strikes Sin has the fastes gameplay - killing and dying