Thread: Hyborian tales & Savage coast of turan ~

Default Hyborian tales & Savage coast of turan ~

Do these packs provide anything worth spending the money? I own ROTG expac, but when I saw these two in the cash shop I kind of got confused ~ What exactly do you get from buying them? Thanks on beforehand~

Quote Originally Posted by retlig View Post
    Do these packs provide anything worth spending the money? I own ROTG expac, but when I saw these two in the cash shop I kind of got confused ~ What exactly do you get from buying them? Thanks on beforehand~
    Turan is nice for a new levelling zone (48+), if you are annoyed by the northern focus (fots, eiglo, ymir, atzel etc.). It also gives you a nice scaling solo instance where you later on can even earn rare tokens (dead man's hand, unchained) as well as isle of great iron apes statues, that can add to your daily income of rares too. The turan arena has a quest that rewards you with a nice purple weapon for lvl60s chars too. It also offers a new type of story arc and high difficulty raid, that might prepare you for t4+ raidtypes.

Can't say anything good about Vanaheim expansion, unless you want a bear mount.

You should definitely get the Turan pack, as far as I know it is the same price as Vanaheim but offers A LOT more content (T3,5 raid with new and in my opinion best looking armor sets and totally awesome weapons, 2 solo dungeons you can do in hardmode, 1 group dungeon and a well designed leveling area for 50 - 55).

Especially if you want to raid later in the game the T3,5 raid is a great choice to go since now after the nerf it's pretty easy and drops really good gear, the group dungeon Ardashir Fort is in my opinion by far the easiest way to get rares if you have a normal / good group that knows the fights, you can do that dungeon in 45 Minutes and get 10 rares (15 with premium since you get 50% more) as well as a lot of AA EXP, a epic helmet at last boss in HM and you can reset the dungeon, it has no cool down so you can do 3 or 4 runs in a row.
    The solo dungeons (Dead Man's Hand and Isle of Iron Statues) are Ok, DMH is more for story stuff ("open world" dungeon, a big isle you can explore and do quests starting at level 50) and on level 80 you can do unchained mode which is harder but rewards you with 3 rare tokens as well as some AA EXP. The Isle of Iron Statues is only for level 80, to unlock HM there you need to do a time run which rewards you with 4 - 5 rares each day. They are just to speed up the rare tokens gain (again, with premium you get 50% more) and can be done in around a 1 hour if you know what to do there.

Vanaheim on the other hand is completely solo content as far as I know, you can do the 3 man hardmode but I rarely see people searching players in global chat for this, maybe they do it in their guild or completely ignore this and just grind the faction up to rank 4 which costs a lot of time if you don't do it daily but you can buy expensive rings that are (for most classes) better than T4 rings, some bear mounts, some vanity stuff and some low level (you can buy it at rank 1 or 2 for level 39 chars) epic gear (which pretty much get's old after the next 10 levels). And what you need to keep in mind: the whole area is made out of recycled assets, you basically pay for a Atzel's Fortress #2.
    Last edited by xCodename; 17th July 2016 at 14:07.

Thanks for the quick and detailed answers ~ Gonna buy the turan pack and skip the other one for the time being. Im almost 80 with my HoX now, so expect seing me spamming global looking for group soon

As far as I noticed, the amount of Rare Tokens u gain from HMs stays the same. No + 50% for Subs.
    ~Zagham (BS)~ Nurdan (ToS)~ Zarracuda (HoX)~ Liebo (Guard)~ Ohala (Barb)

Quote Originally Posted by Spankmaster View Post
    As far as I noticed, the amount of Rare Tokens u gain from HMs stays the same. No + 50% for Subs.
    Well, thats weird... all other tokens seem to benefit from that 50% bonus (I am not premium but I heard it so far).
    Anyway, Turan pack is still a great source of rare tokens, especially if you are bored to death from Mona / Palace runs, Ardashir Fort is a great dungeon, fast with a good challange and repeatable (+ some nice blue items that look cool).

I have to say, Turan was enjoyable for me as a leveling zone. Even the dungeons and raid aren't half bad. Definitely worth the money.

Shadows of Vanaheim, I would not buy. To even price it as the same as Turan is ridiculous. It was rushed and poorly designed. It should be priced at 500-600 funcom points for the quality and amount of content it offers. The fact Funcom hasn't reduced the price (of Vanaheim) shows that they're pretty much intending to rip-off newcomers who haven't done their homework.

I've heard from random people that the forum is dead, but you guys havent dissapointed me yet ~ Gotta say I feel very well recieved as a beginner. Again thanks peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by retlig View Post
    I've heard from random people that the forum is dead, but you guys havent dissapointed me yet ~ Gotta say I feel very well recieved as a beginner. Again thanks peeps!
    Well, it depends on what you call "dead".
    Some people call a forum dead if there is no one posting anymore. Some call a forum dead if there is a small amount of players that are posting all the time with almost no new people joining.

In AoC's case it's the second one, you'll see alot of posts here but most of them are made by the same people all the time (mostly veterans with experience in almost everything). I wouldn't call it dead, I would say it's onesided since a lot of new players don't post here, mostly the veterans that are here since ages.

As a new player that is exactly the type of forum that is valuable to me, when I run around being clueless about stuff.