Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you kidding me Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Krysthammer View Post
    how long did it take you to gear up in a top guild shax?...and joining a pug will gear new players/casuals up fast?
    Shax is our full epic khes demo it has taken us many many many months of wipe fest raids in epic khes to get him there
    Edit by Melcom: so not.

I'd prefer to get coin than potions or social consumables from boxes as trash. When the boxes have contained simple relics etc there is no coin. I get that you want every box to provide something to get your character gear faster and FOR YOU that does not include coin .... but they are not going to do that .... they never have.... So the lottery that the box may not contain anything "useful" for you is the same as in any non-raid finder raid that you attend.

Also, I know so many people who do not have the same view as you ..that if you want some coin you will spend 10mins doing a couple of faction quests...they find THAT a bore and tedious...they'd much rather spend 10minutes in RoF/Vortex than questing.

Quite frankly, I've found tanks tend to spend the most coin on gear as they usually need multiple sets to cover different types of fights ... so take that into account for a new player who has not accumulated hundreds in gold or a casual player who wants to raid most of the time and will earn very little (coppers usually from raid NPC trash bags) in most non-raid finder raids & instances.

So I look at it a different way - thank you Funcom for making one of the trash items coin ..... the 25 silver is helpful especially for those who will spend a lot of their game time in instances (6mans, normal raids or raid finder raids) which otherwise drop no or minimal coin. I think it's also helpful for a f2p person with a 10gold cap... they will spend half (5gold for T3) or 3/4 (7gold for T4) of their available coin on one piece of gear and then re-earn it whilst gathering relics for next piece....
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 17th July 2016 at 08:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    I don't agree. most of the time you can play with "world particles" on, and all spell particles on yourself only to save performance.
    My computer uses mostly 2010-2012 parts and i don't feel i need better one for this game
    I'm pretty sure around 25% of players have even worse hardware or need to play from time to time not from their gaming computer (the orignal game ran fine on far older machines, if you had a decent graphics card!!). Yes, you can do a lot by particle settings and it works fine for t1-t3 on raid&pvp settings. But i know for sure, some fights get a lot harder up to impossible if you do not activate all particles on high and enable world particles (and this is what slows it down a lot on older machines...try it out on world boss, if you do not believe me ). I already said last year, some weird behaviour by players (or wipes) could be connected to this too. Either they crash or simply can not see (and with raid finder hear, too) what is the problem.

from my experience, world particles are enough as spell particles are not needed in t1, not needed in t2, not needed in t3, not needed in t3.5, not needed in t4, not needed in t5, not needed in t6. what did I forget ?
    Last edited by Cappa; 17th July 2016 at 17:12.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Yeah, you don't need all particles for raids, but you do for some 6man dungeons. If you had to use all particles in a raid... good luck playing with 5-15 fps!

how long did it take you to gear up in a top guild shax?...and joining a pug will gear new players/casuals up fast?
    Well, been gearing up slowly since 25th of January, 2009, when I created the Demo. According to /played, I have 2116 hours and 21 minutes to Shax's name at this time. Thats more hours than I spend at work for a whole year. Tainted Souls became my home in september 2015, and I've done some 90-100 raids with the guild since then. I don't have the exact number since our old website and raid planner died. My Demo is missing 2 parts before full T6. I guesstimate around 400 hours logged in T6 incl. Testlive. So, roughly 1 piece of gear every 44 hours of effort, or around that.

If you are gonna play this game and worry about gear, gear, gear, gear, I pity you. Play this game for fun and personal chosen level of challenge, with people you enjoy hanging out with on Teamspeak or in guild chat.

The problem is not loot from RF, that can vary from 5 silver to a dragon's tear as i found out. Everything from T3-4 silver and rare relics t3-4 maybe even T5 stuff i dont know about that yet.

well, i needed 1 dragon tear on my pom, to buy a ring. i farmed the raid finder for just 2 evenings and i got it. to get it the normal way, most likely it would have taken at least a few weeks.

so, i don't see the reason to complain. of course to get a whole set of t4 gear it may take quite a long time, because you don't get any direct armor/weapon drop, but if you just need 1 or 2 pieces, i'd say that it's faster than normal raids.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

well, perhaps our definitions of "casual" differ...but id like to at least be able to jump into raids 3.5 and higher 3-4 days a week..a few hours each of those nights...and yea I'm talking about a tank
    Anyone who does several raids per week (and isn't just being carried) does not come anywhere near qualifying as "casual" in my opinion. That's a pretty hardcore raider as I see it.

Just remove all of the rewards from that World Boss v2 event.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast