Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Started a new BS (lvl15) and man do I feel weak. Any advice?

Default Started a new BS (lvl15) and man do I feel weak. Any advice?

Does it get better? For leveling and no intention to do groups should I put all my points into Wrath?

Any advice for leveling?

Do people still visit this forum?!?

The forums are not very active, esp class forums. Reason being is that classes really haven't changed all that much since launch, and Funcom doesn't have the resources to make any significant changes, so there's no point in really having discussions.

All classes are viable at endgame. Imo, Bear Shaman is one of the more difficult classes to play. It has a lot more keybinds and micromanagement. It will keep you involved.

Bear Shaman are great and easy to play in my opinion. They can solo pretty well in most circumstances unless your goal is to kite and kill with dots / pets. Read up on the forums. There are some good guides that you should look at to get an idea how to play the class.

Quote Originally Posted by habskilla View Post
    Does it get better? For leveling and no intention to do groups should I put all my points into Wrath?

Any advice for leveling?

Do people still visit this forum?!?

Bear Shaman is actually great from the start if you know how to play it. Does require a lot of micro-management though, but is one of the more fun classes to play in my opinion.

For feats, start by putting points into the Spirit tree until you have finished Empowered Renwal. Then in fights, remember to activate Renewal just before the last step of some heavy-hitting combo to make them hit even harder. Also try to keep Blood Flow up all the time.

After that a hybrid build is best - both for solo and group play. If you look the this forum you should find some good advice on build - just about all of which should still be valid.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Bear Shaman is actually great from the start if you know how to play it. Does require a lot of micro-management though, but is one of the more fun classes to play in my opinion.

For feats, start by putting points into the Spirit tree until you have finished Empowered Renwal. Then in fights, remember to activate Renewal just before the last step of some heavy-hitting combo to make them hit even harder. Also try to keep Blood Flow up all the time.

After that a hybrid build is best - both for solo and group play. If you look the this forum you should find some good advice on build - just about all of which should still be valid.
    I did Google Bear Shamans and a lot of the video's were made back in 2013, you think that information is still good?

And about Renewal lets say the attack is UP-RIGHT-LEFT, would I do UP-RIGHT-(Renewal)-LEFT or UP-RIGHT-LEFT-(Renewal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lornz View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy4osc9wsu0 is a link to show the basic. (NOT a feat guide doh)
    I couldn't watch the video, after about 2min I turned it off. He kept on licking his lips and it was driving me CRAZY, I couldn't stand it. It actually put me in a bad mood because I really wanted to hear the information but I couldn't stand the lip smacking and all the ummmm and ahhh'ing.
    Last edited by habskilla; 14th July 2016 at 13:10.

Quote Originally Posted by habskilla View Post
    I did Google Bear Shamans and a lot of the video's were made back in 2013, you think that information is still good?

And about Renewal lets say the attack is UP-RIGHT-LEFT, would I do UP-RIGHT-(Renewal)-LEFT or UP-RIGHT-LEFT-(Renewal)?
    Most of the information should still be good - there haven't been any major changes to the game since then.

As for Renewal it is the former: UP-RIGHT-(Renewal)-LEFT.
    Reason: WIth the Empowered Renewal trait the next hit after activating Renewal will do a lot of extra damage in addition to triggering the healing from Renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Most of the information should still be good - there haven't been any major changes to the game since then.

As for Renewal it is the former: UP-RIGHT-(Renewal)-LEFT.
    Reason: WIth the Empowered Renewal trait the next hit after activating Renewal will do a lot of extra damage in addition to triggering the healing from Renewal.
    I understand, thank-you. I am a little upset, I am level 17 and still in Tortage and I am not able to respec my points. I have to wait till I get off the island because Funcom in all their wisdom removed the Trainer in Tortage. A little frustrating but i'm almost out of there.

Don't worry. Tortage is but the prologue of the game. The views you have taken on your character is by no means representable of how your character will develop through the levels and finally at endgame.
    I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶E̶r̶i̶k̶T̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶m̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶e̶n̶e̶w̶a̶l̶ ̶f̶e̶a̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶f̶f̶e̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶b̶o̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶n̶g̶. Also, keep going in Spirit tree until you pick up Manifestation of Sun which will be the one you are going to use prioritized.

Start out with these feats, fill Spirit side as you unlock it through levelling up. http://goo.gl/zMfhLR

Blood Champion is in my opinion just as, if not more important than Empowered Renewal. Both should be active before you enter combat, since you'll then have heals running, and buffed weapon damage.

Finished, the build looks like this. http://goo.gl/00Kttw
    Last edited by Shax84; 14th July 2016 at 21:30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast