Thread: Unlocking Characters and Disabling Daily Challenges

Default Unlocking Characters and Disabling Daily Challenges

I have two questions.

1. How do I unlock my extra characters without going premium, as premium bonuses are off-putting. Purchasing extra character slots will not let me choose which character to unlock, right? So, what is the solution besides buying premium, cancelling it, and not logging on for a month?

2. When levelling, some of us prefer normal speed, while others like to PVP with their levelling characters without stepping into the next level frame. E.g. PVPing daily at 19, they would not want hit 20. At the moment, I cannot find a solution to cancel the XP reward. How can we remove automatic opening of daily challenge rewards?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I have two questions.

1. How do I unlock my extra characters without going premium, as premium bonuses are off-putting. Purchasing extra character slots will not let me choose which character to unlock, right? So, what is the solution besides buying premium, cancelling it, and not logging on for a month?

2. When levelling, some of us prefer normal speed, while others like to PVP with their levelling characters without stepping into the next level frame. E.g. PVPing daily at 19, they would not want hit 20. At the moment, I cannot find a solution to cancel the XP reward. How can we remove automatic opening of daily challenge rewards?
    There's an option in Interface to switch it off. To bring it back up at anytime, the keyboard shortcut is . a full stop.

I have two questions.

1. I do not think they changed that. Before the "update", you could do exactly that: Buy extra slots as f2p and choose which char to unlock. Per default all load locked and you got a certain number of slots to unlock (for older accounts it SHOULD be 2+bonus slots+bought slots). Of course, if you want to "rechoose" the chars to play, you had to sub a month and then cancel again in the past as well.

2. This is a reason why i can not even do pve or pvp quests in the zones for the new quests nowadays with some chars (though i doubt we will ever see commonly used 19,39,59 and 79 minis again). It would be very nice to have the optio to "freeze" a chars level...especially if you want to do purist sooner or later but still want to progress challenge and questwise, too.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th July 2016 at 18:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    1. I do not think they changed that. Before the "update", you could do exactly that: Buy extra slots as f2p and choose which char to unlock. Per default all load locked and you got a certain number of slots to unlock (for older accounts it SHOULD be 2+bonus slots+bought slots). O.
    Actually, I only have 7 unlocked slots. I cannot unlock more. I have been a member since 2009. I also purchased 1 character slot in the past. Still, there are 7, not 2+7+1. A game master whom I sent a petition to responded that I have the correct number of unlocked slots. So, it is stuck at 7; and I am trying to find a way to get my bonus character slot activated (nobody even mentions those 2 initial slots) or activate more slots somehow.

I have just sent a letter to Funcom (the letter is below). Let us hope I shall get some answers and inform you of the result here.

Dear Sirs and Mesdames:

My account name is (please note the special spelling)

*censored*

I would like to inquire of you as whether it is possible to activate ("unlock") several character slots when being a free-to-play player. As of the moment, I have 13 character slots, all of which have been taken by characters since 2009. I have been a subscribed member since December 2009, switching to free-to-play and opting to stay as one owing to excessive rewards offered to subscribed ("premium") members in 2016 that are off-putting and unwanted.

In the time frame of 2011 - 2013, I purchased an extra slot that expanded my account (*censored*) to 13 characters. I also created a character on the "Rage" server that is currently deactivated inasmuch as I have not entered the game since May 2015.

Coming back a week ago, I could unlock only 7 characters. Whereas the official forum might have stated a different number, though I cannot provide a quotation. It might have been 7, additional extra slots, and additional two more, which would result in a sum of 8-10 characters available for me. Yet, I still have 7.

A game master within the game interface apprised me of the system processing the correct number of available ("unlocked") slots, amounting to 7, instead of 8 or 10. Therefore, I would like to know how it is possible, without resorting to subscription, as it will render me incapacitated as regards playing for a month, to open ("unlock") extra slots. Clearly, the extra slot that I have did not contribute to the additional available slot. Is it possible to reselect characters to open ("unlock")?

Also, could you please activate my inactive character that was transferred to Fury from Rage? Maybe this character causes this mishap with 7 slots?

As an additional question, I desire to know how to disable daily challenge rewards, as they deter me from resorting to PVP. I tend to level up to a certain level (18-19), log in for a couple of minigames, and log off. Now, if I try to do that, I shall outlevel 19 and be promoted to the 20-39 frame. I ought to find a way to disable the daily challenge rewards somehow.

I implore you to answer each question in the letter, and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
    [my name here]
    Last edited by Anzu; 12th July 2016 at 13:57. Reason: Account name left in the text
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

I have the quote you wanted and can send it per pm. But it basically says, the number of slots you have will be the same. So, if you had 13 as premium before the "update", you should get 13-6=7 after the update. Your bonus slot number through purchases, sub offers and veteran rewards would be 13-2-6=5 then. So in other words now as f2p you get 2+5=7 instead of a new account that would get 1+5=6. Of course, if you bought 1 more slot now, you should get 8. Same, if you only had 13 chars before, but a free spare slot to unlock (making your slot number basically 14...).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 12th July 2016 at 07:35.

Thank you, Kurt, for clarifying one point! I updated my letter, but I cannot change my petition in the game right now as I am at the office.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Disabling Daily Challenges is not an option.

Here is the full answer from a Funcom representantive to my letter above plus my update that I found out that the number of slots should be 7 (he mentioned transferring my character to Fury before "Additionally..."):

"Additionally, we have no way of turning off XP gain. As the intended objective of the game is to reach level 80, we do not have a way to stop progression.

Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. If have anymore questions, concerns, or comments, please do not hesitate to reply to this email for further support. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your time and support. Please have a great day!"

Strangely enough, even Lords of the Rings Online has an experience blocker. Are goals that different in those MMORPG games?
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 14th July 2016 at 08:32.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Disabling Daily Challenges is not an option.

Here is the full answer from a Funcom representantive to my letter above plus my update that I found out that the number of slots should be 7 (he mentioned transferring my character to Fury before "Additionally..."):

"Additionally, we have no way of turning off XP gain. As the intended objective of the game is to reach level 80, we do not have a way to stop progression.

Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. If have anymore questions, concerns, or comments, please do not hesitate to reply to this email for further support. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your time and support. Please have a great day!"

Strangely enough, even Lords of the Rings Online has an experience blocker. Are goals that different in those MMORPG games?

And here I thought the objective of the game was to have fun. How wrong one can be....
    Hmm.... since I have a level 80 character and thus apparently have reached the "intended objective of the game" perhaps it is time to stop playing this game now?