Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raid Token Vendor change

Found it in TL forums:

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...ht=#post605640

Mussagana

There are some tangential arguments here based on some misunderstandings. To clear some things up:

1) You cannot get T5 or T6 gear or tokens through the Raid Finder.
    2) If you skip over T4 and rely solely on Raid Finder for the source of your tiered gear, then it will take you a very, very long time to complete that goal (measured in years). If you want tiered gear, you have to go to the normal raids via guilds or otherwise. This is different content with a different set of rewards.

It would be nice if the rare relics were removed from t3 weapon and armor cost so that one does not need to farm endlessly just to never get even 1.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrusaran View Post
    It would be nice if the rare relics were removed from t3 weapon and armor cost so that one does not need to farm endlessly just to never get even 1.
    now you don`t need to farm them, you can just go to zerg finder "raid" 2 times and get 2x75 At. shards, then buy rare relic for 150 shards + 1 gold. some times( not very rare) you can get rare relic from purple box from zerg finder.
    and i don`t realy understand who need those rare relics now? maybe ppl that want t3 vanity. becouse price on dragon tear is 200 shards + 1.5gold.
    I personally will buy dragon tears to get t4 weapon and armor that sure will help me a lot in t3>t3.5>t4 raids.
    also i will be glad to know why exchange sr2>sr3 now is 3+silver=1. i liked more when it was 1+silver=1

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselconq View Post
    now you don`t need to farm them, you can just go to zerg finder "raid" 2 times and get 2x75 At. shards, then buy rare relic for 150 shards + 1 gold. some times( not very rare) you can get rare relic from purple box from zerg finder.
    and i don`t realy understand who need those rare relics now? maybe ppl that want t3 vanity. becouse price on dragon tear is 200 shards + 1.5gold.
    I personally will buy dragon tears to get t4 weapon and armor that sure will help me a lot in t3>t3.5>t4 raids.
    also i will be glad to know why exchange sr2>sr3 now is 3+silver=1. i liked more when it was 1+silver=1
    How about people who have farmed endlessly for a T3 weapon and never gotten a rare or an epic drop win. As it stands now i am in T3 khitai epics with 2 t3 old world pieces and a T1 weap. Either i need to be lucky and get into a T4 run and win stuff or i need to farm the shizz out of T3 before i stand a chance in hell of doing t5/6/7.

How about people who have farmed endlessly for a T3 weapon and never gotten a rare or an epic drop win. As it stands now i am in T3 khitai epics with 2 t3 old world pieces and a T1 weap. Either i need to be lucky and get into a T4 run and win stuff or i need to farm the shizz out of T3 before i stand a chance in hell of doing t5/6/7.
    I was same like you, and i`m sure as a lot of ppl) for 2+ years i exchanged to sr3 every relic i got in hope that some day i got a rare relics from raid or world boss box to buy a t3 weapon. My alts that i play most, geared in t2-t3 and khitai epics, a bit better with weapon becouse i gathered mats to craft ibis for conq and dt, got tiger`s staff for tos, soon will get wolf`s 2hb for bs. But now i don`t see any sense to continue to collect relics for t3 items. Since now it`s relatively easy to get a better items. After 2 zerg finder runs my conq got +/- 40 sr4 and i bought 1 dragon tear, so in a few month i get t4 sword that is better then ibis and t3. All this not changing fact that i want and will finish t3 raid same as t3.5 and t4. Not becouse i need some items, becouse i love old content. Zerg finder is fun, but it`s more circus then raid. F.com will not remove t3 rares becouse they just (7days ago) added them to vendor. Yes, it`s sadly and disappointing for ppl that farmed raids for better weapon( but it`s F.com, so it`s up to you. Move on and have fun or have fun and not move)
    Last edited by Dieselconq; 6th July 2016 at 23:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselconq View Post
    I was same like you, and i`m sure as a lot of ppl) for 2+ years i exchanged to sr3 every relic i got in hope that some day i got a rare relics from raid or world boss box to buy a t3 weapon. My alts that i play most, geared in t2-t3 and khitai epics, a bit better with weapon becouse i gathered mats to craft ibis for conq and dt, got tiger`s staff for tos, soon will get wolf`s 2hb for bs. But now i don`t see any sense to continue to collect relics for t3 items. Since now it`s relatively easy to get a better items. After 2 zerg finder runs my conq got +/- 40 sr4 and i bought 1 dragon tear, so in a few month i get t4 sword that is better then ibis and t3. All this not changing fact that i want and will finish t3 raid same as t3.5 and t4. Not becouse i need some items, becouse i love old content. Zerg finder is fun, but it`s more circus then raid. F.com will not remove t3 rares becouse they just (7days ago) added them to vendor. Yes, it`s sadly and disappointing for ppl that farmed raids for better weapon( but it`s F.com, so it`s up to you. Move on and have fun or have fun and not move)
    Have not been able to get into raidfinder, have been qued for hours on several days and not a goddamn pop.

updated OP with T2 values..

T1 = 11
    T2 = 21
    T3 = 18

for full clear.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

I see quite a few 3.5 pug raids, and the weapons from those runs are close to t4 weapons. Plus pug MC/entity runs where you get a chance at a good weapon.

Even world boss can drop t2 weapons for your class. Not the best way to go, but a chance...plus a very rare chance at a 3.5 armor or weapon or accessory. Raid finder gives new players a chance to see the mechanics at least even if they are nerfed down. Like miasma and blood draw. Or how to kite the hollow knight.

The chance of farming t5/6/7? You basically are going to need to find a guild who is doing t5/t6 and needs new raiders. And the raid leader is going to want good steady raiders who listen and take instruction. Whether they take khitai purples or need t4 gear is variable.

I rarely see t5 pugs in global. And have never seen a t6 pug. So your best bet is to find a guild and see if they will take in a raider who hasn't had a lot of experience and start doing t4 raids and work your way up imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Raid finder gives new players a chance to see the mechanics at least even if they are nerfed down. Like miasma and blood draw. Or how to kite the hollow knight.
    Miasma, Blood draw, ok. But kiting Hollow Knight? In the 6 raids in upper i was in (to get the epic chests on my 6 chars once a week, wont do more) not one of the raids did the kiting in any way that was even close to whats needed in a real t3 upper.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    Miasma, Blood draw, ok. But kiting Hollow Knight? In the 6 raids in upper i was in (to get the epic chests on my 6 chars once a week, wont do more) not one of the raids did the kiting in any way that was even close to whats needed in a real t3 upper.
    Raid finder also teaches the wrong tactics for the 3 brothers. There are now lots of people who think having the whole raid minus 2-3 tanks and a couple healers on the demo is the right way to do the fight. And yes the hollow knight kiting has been atrocious in almost every raid finder I was in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast